iampatricias

Waiting for our passports from Montreal

Passport wait times  

299 members have voted

1. 1. How long did you wait for your passport after your Montreal interview?

• 1-3 business days
    • 4-7 business days
    • 8-10 business days
    • 11-14 business days
    • More than 14 business days - they were just very slow.
    • More than 14 business days - my circumstances were exceptional.
  2. 2. If your wait was longer than expected, what do you think caused the delay?

• The US Consulate in Montreal caused the delay.
    • DHL delivery caused the delay.
    • All of the above.
    • None of the above. Something else caused the delay.
    • None of the above. I was satisfied with the delivery time.

2,640 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Good morning,

yes, I did in Montreal on Tuesday the 20th. I applied for expedit online and showed them the proofing letter. Two COs looked at my case and talked together, then the Lady said, my visa is approved. But she did not mention the expedit request or how long it will take.

I just don't want to annoy them by writing an email already after 4 days :D.

They know, that my flight was booked for 28th of September. hmmmm :/

Is your spouse dying?

I hope not. But i think a spouse, child, or immediate family member dying or immediate deployment of spouse would be all that could expedite you at this point. You can ask for your passport back if you need to visit and return it after you come back.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

My wife's father is, I believe, in his last months. Kidney failure stage IV advanced and Myeloma (sort of bone cancer). They want to start with infusions today.

And I guess together with kidney failure and the age of 85 it won't take very long.

My visa was ISSUED today, thank goodness. It was really an ordeal at the land border checkpoint two weeks ago. They thought I want to immigrate and denied admission.

My wife and daughter (both US Citizens) and my dog are waiting for me.

Now I will have to explain the messed up situation to the CBP officer at preclearance in Montreal. I hope they let me through :/

Edited by Enigma138

If you have your visa you wont have issues. Best of luck and glad its been issued!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I need an advice here...

We had our interview in Montreal on June 21st, and had an I-864 missing, so we received a paper about completing the process by mail. We sent in our documents and passports, and it was taking forever (+6 weeks) to process, and I had to travel overseas, so requested my passport back in early August.

It's been 4 weeks since we sent our passports back (received on Sept 1st), and absolutely no change on our status since then.

I put in a public inquiry form, and the answer I got back was that they will take 12 weeks for processing, which is absolutely ridiculous!!!

I have to travel overseas again in late October and won't be back until late January... Do I have no choice but to request it back and delay my processing for another 5-6 months?... Please advise. Thank you very much!

I need an advice here...

We had our interview in Montreal on June 21st, and had an I-864 missing, so we received a paper about completing the process by mail. We sent in our documents and passports, and it was taking forever (+6 weeks) to process, and I had to travel overseas, so requested my passport back in early August.

It's been 4 weeks since we sent our passports back (received on Sept 1st), and absolutely no change on our status since then.

I put in a public inquiry form, and the answer I got back was that they will take 12 weeks for processing, which is absolutely ridiculous!!!

I have to travel overseas again in late October and won't be back until late January... Do I have no choice but to request it back and delay my processing for another 5-6 months?... Please advise. Thank you very much!

Be aware that if you delay past 6m from your medical date, you will need to take a new medical. Is this overseas trip really that important?

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Be aware that if you delay past 6m from your medical date, you will need to take a new medical. Is this overseas trip really that important?

Yes, there are four of us in this application and it is my son getting married in another country so we all have to fly abroad...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I need an advice here...

I emailed the embassy after a week of my interview and they replied me back in just couple hours. I requested them to fasten up my process and they actually did help me.

Congratulations!! In my case was only 48 hrs :-))

Thanks. I got it in a day. Already with my life

• 2 weeks later...

I had my interview on August 30th in Montreal, I was asked to send in a new passport because my passport bio data page was damaged with water. I sent a new passport and they received it on September 19th my status was update on September 22nd since then i avn't seen any update so far. Please when is the best time to send an email to the consulate? Has anyone been in my shoes before?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I had my interview on August 30th in Montreal, I was asked to send in a new passport because my passport bio data page was damaged with water. I sent a new passport and they received it on September 19th my status was update on September 22nd since then i avn't seen any update so far. Please when is the best time to send an email to the consulate? Has anyone been in my shoes before?

Not really in your shoes but I emailed them with my problem and they emailed me back within 2 hours and solve my problem i.e. Send my passport to me in just two days.

Just email them anytime

I email them last week wednesday I got the automatic email from them, they never reply. Hope they will work on my case before this week runs out.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.