iampatricias

Waiting for our passports from Montreal

Passport wait times  

299 members have voted

1. 1. How long did you wait for your passport after your Montreal interview?

• 1-3 business days
    • 4-7 business days
    • 8-10 business days
    • 11-14 business days
    • More than 14 business days - they were just very slow.
    • More than 14 business days - my circumstances were exceptional.
  2. 2. If your wait was longer than expected, what do you think caused the delay?

• The US Consulate in Montreal caused the delay.
    • DHL delivery caused the delay.
    • All of the above.
    • None of the above. Something else caused the delay.
    • None of the above. I was satisfied with the delivery time.

2,640 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone, I am just wondering if anyone here has recently either gotten any response from the e-mail you sent (IV email at the Montreal consulate) or the visa was approved and received your passport in the past month or so?

I've been waiting for a month now, and seems like nothing has been processed... and I have to fly to USA in 3 weeks...

I am extremely frustrated, because the officer who interviewed us said that I should be receiving my visa within 4 weeks.... :clock:

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone, I am just wondering if anyone here has recently either gotten any response from the e-mail you sent (IV email at the Montreal consulate) or the visa was approved and received your passport in the past month or so?

I've been waiting for a month now, and seems like nothing has been processed... and I have to fly to USA in 3 weeks...

I am extremely frustrated, because the officer who interviewed us said that I should be receiving my visa within 4 weeks.... :clock:

I think "4 weeks" is the common message that all applicants receiving from consulate. But what in reality is that I'm still waiting for six months. Although consulate asked for my passport after 4m AP, they returned it attached with a paper that I need to wait for further AP.

It differs from case to case. As you see in this forum, there are some applicants thst received their visa after one or two weeks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi LetsGoToUs, I'm just curious if you were requested to send an additional document after the interview? I'm just so surprised that they could put one in AP for over 8 weeks, now I'm getting very nervous. During the interview, They requested for me to mail my passport along with the additional document needed then my visa will be processed. I was just wondering if that's what you were told or if your case is similar to mine

Btw I've been in AP for exactly 6 weeks today. I have not received any replies to my emails to Montreal from 2 weeks ago, no updates nothing. *sigh*

Timeline:

June 7th- Interview

Result- Approved but missing original birth certificate

June 7th- Mailed original birth certificate

June 8th- Offsite facility received original birth certificate

June 13th- Consulate received original birth certificate

June 29th- Requested for passport to travel

July 8th- Received passport

July 8th- (didnt need passport anymore) mailed it back to consulate

July 9th- Offsite facility received passport

July 13th- Consulate received passport

July 14th- Sent emails to inquire about case, was told to give them an additional 8 weeks from JULY 13th to process my visa :ranting: , immediately involved Congressman AND our Attorney sent letters mid-july/end of august

August 9th- Issued

August 10th- Received tracking number at 2pm

August 11th- Received Passport at 11am(Markham, ON)/Crossed border. at 7pm (Pearson Airport Toronto)

August 16th- Went to Social Security office, was told my card was mailed out August 15th and I was able to jot the SSN down (needed for work)

(For SSN, when i was completing the DOS-260, I requested for them to have my SSN processed)

August 25th- SSN came in the mail :D

October 16th, RECEIVED GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL.

Timeline

Yeah, I am worried because they are not even responding to their email system, which is the only way of contacting them...

I emailed to request my passport in case my visa won't be ready on time, no response....

Is there any other way to contact them to request my passport temporarily? :crying:

Timeline

The date on my case was updated today but like I said I sent emails 2 weeks ago, I also sent one again about an hour ago so I don't know if that's why the date was updated. Leejy, i know you sent emails weeks back so im wondeting if the date on your case updated as well?

Timeline:

June 7th- Interview

July 14th- Sent emails to inquire about case, was told to give them an additional 8 weeks from JULY 13th to process my visa :ranting: , immediately involved Congressman AND our Attorney sent letters mid-july/end of august

August 9th- Issued

August 11th- Received Passport at 11am(Markham, ON)/Crossed border. at 7pm (Pearson Airport Toronto)

August 16th- Went to Social Security office, was told my card was mailed out August 15th and I was able to jot the SSN down (needed for work)

(For SSN, when i was completing the DOS-260, I requested for them to have my SSN processed)

Timeline

P.s. I did not receive any replies to any of the emails sent so I'm really praying and hoping the date updated because they are processing my visa.

Timeline:

June 7th- Interview

August 9th- Issued

Timeline

The date on my case was updated today but like I said I sent emails 2 weeks ago, I also sent one again about an hour ago so I don't know if that's why the date was updated. Leejy, i know you sent emails weeks back so im wondeting if the date on your case updated as well?

I don't think so... I sent the e-mail on the 18th, and my status was updated on the 20th... Maybe that's when they opened my e-mail?... I am not sure.

I am going to try emailing them again... Please keep me updated on your status and reply if you ever receive it!!!

Fingers crossed for us!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hey - anyone have any recent reportings for how long it's been taking in Montreal?

our's was in 3 days

my wife will be picking up the package tomorrow

USCIS:

FedEx overnight I-130: December 17, 2015
NOA1 hard copy received: January 1, 2016

NOA2 hard copy received: April 24, 2016
-------------------------------------------------------
NVC:

Case and IIN Assigned: May 4, 2016

Choice of Agent (DS-261): May 4, 2016

AOS Fee paid: May 4, 2016

IV Fee Paid: May 6, 2016

DS-260 Completed: May 14 , 2016

Case Complete : June 8,2016

-------------------------------------------------------

EMBASSY:

Medical Completed : July 22, 2016 review link

Interview : July 28, 2016 APPROVED !!!! review link

Visa issued : July 29, 2016

Visa in hand : August 3, 2016

POE : August 4, 2016 Montreal, Canada

224 days start to finish :dancing:

SSC in hand : August 15 , 2016

Green card : January 14th , 2017

-----------------------------------------------------------

ROC

packet sent : May 5, 2018

package received : May 7, 2018

Timeline

Hi everybody!!!!

My Husband's Visa has been finally..... ISSUED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dancing::dancing::dancing: Everything has been so fast since they received the New Medical and Police report on July 19, the file was updated every day, including on a Sunday!! Last week we received an email that he needed to be at the consulate to re-oath yesterday, I flew from Miami to Montreal because I wanted to be there. We entered the consulate at 2pm, were out by 2.30 with the Visa Approved and a welcome to USA letter... the 2 persons that helped us were really nice!

By 5pm I checked the CEAC website and the visa was ISSUED!!!!!!! OMG!!! what a beautiful word!!!!! after 14 months waiting!!!! We are so happy!!!!! Today we received the email with tracking info!!
I really want to thanks everybody here for all the support and encouragement!!! To the ones still waiting, keep your faith!! your day will come soon.
All the best to all of you, wish you Love and Happiness forever!!!! :goofy::goofy::goofy:
Oh! by the way... can anybody tell me if there's any other fee that we need to pay?
Thanks again!!!!!

Idy

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Idy. ...I have chills and am over the top smiling for you.....congratulations. this is wonderful news. ...much love and happiness. ..

K1 filed September 4, 2015

K1 Issued Feb 25, 2016

Entered the US June 3, 2016

Married June 13, 2016

AOS filed June 28, 2016

Paperwork received June 29, 2016

NOA dated July 11, 2016 for 485, 131, 765

RFIE mailed August 13, 2016

RFIE sent express August 22, 2016 ***Make sure you all use the latest forms from USCIS or RFIE***

RFIE accepted August 24, 2016

EAD Card is being produced September 13, 2016

Green Card is being produced November 17, 2016

AOS Approved November 18, 2016

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10766;472/st/20160711/e/NOA+1/k/25e6/event.png

Timeline

Congratulations Idy!!! Soooo happy for you!

Hi everybody!!!!

My Husband's Visa has been finally..... ISSUED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dancing::dancing::dancing: Everything has been so fast since they received the New Medical and Police report on July 19, the file was updated every day, including on a Sunday!! Last week we received an email that he needed to be at the consulate to re-oath yesterday, I flew from Miami to Montreal because I wanted to be there. We entered the consulate at 2pm, were out by 2.30 with the Visa Approved and a welcome to USA letter... the 2 persons that helped us were really nice!

By 5pm I checked the CEAC website and the visa was ISSUED!!!!!!! OMG!!! what a beautiful word!!!!! after 14 months waiting!!!! We are so happy!!!!! Today we received the email with tracking info!!
I really want to thanks everybody here for all the support and encouragement!!! To the ones still waiting, keep your faith!! your day will come soon.
All the best to all of you, wish you Love and Happiness forever!!!! :goofy::goofy::goofy:
Oh! by the way... can anybody tell me if there's any other fee that we need to pay?
Thanks again!!!!!

Idy

Timeline

Idy. ...I have chills and am over the top smiling for you.....congratulations. this is wonderful news. ...much love and happiness. ..

Thank you! Thank You!! Thank you!!!!!!! (L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L):dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

Timeline

Hi everybody!!!!

Thanks again!!!!!

Idy

Idy, I am so happy to see you smile now...I told you I would be here until you get your visa!! You did it girl and congrats to both you coming to Miami...Pero, el calor esta de madre!! lol

CEAC Status
Dec 3, 2015 - Docs sent

Dec 4, 2015 - Offsite received docs

Dec 7, 2015 - Have not received docs

Dec 8, 2015 - Refused

Dec 9, 2015 - Refused

Dec 11, 2015 - Confirmed docs physically received on the 8th

Dec 22, 2015 - Refused

Dec 29, 2015 - Refused

Dec 31, 2015 - Refused

Jan 20, 2016 - Ready

Jan 21, 2016 - Ready

Jan 25, 2016 - Issued (AP)

Jan 26, 2016 - Issued (Final)

Jan 28, 2015 - Visa in Hand

Feb 6, 2016 - POE ( Peace Bridge)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.