Anna-and-Rob

NOA2 delay...loosing hope

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello everybody,

As everybody here I'm worried about the wait and the whole process in general. In fact, our situation has been unusual from the beginning and I was wondering if we might still be influenced. The situation is that we filed our first I129F petition back in December of 2009. We really made sure everything is in place. My Fiance and I are both experts in any kind of paperwork (due to our jobs specifics). Therefore, I'm absolutely confident that we had everything needed in our package. Unfortunately we NEVER had ANY kind of response from VSC. The package seemed to went nowhere. Has anybody ever run into something like that? I would really appreciate your knowledge and experience guys! I started thinking that problems with our 'second' (we filed in September of 2010) paperwork might be related to the problems with our 'first'.

Please let me know if anybody has ever had something related to our situation.

Thank you in advance!

as1cCnT-O6k0610MDAwMTY2Nmx8MDAwMTM5OGx8V2VcJ3JlIHRvZ2V0aGVyIGZvcg.gif

05-31-2007: Met online, but then stopped correspondence.

08-20-2007: Met online again and realized that we, in fact, liked each other a lot.

01-19-2008: Rob visited me in Ukraine for 2 wonderful weeks and we fell in Love.

07-12-2008: I visited Rob in Austin, TX for 2 even more wonderful weeks.

09-18-2009: I visited Rob in Austin, TX for 3 weeks. He proposed to me at the airport on my way back home.

09-18-2010: I came to Austin to spend 3 month together.

09-30-2010: Sent our I129F.

10-03-2010: NOA1 paper copy received.

04-08-2011: NOA2 finally received!

04-22-2011: NVC left.

04-26-2011: Kiev Consulate received.

05-05-2011: Packet #3 received.

06-17-2011: Medical.

07-28-2011: US Embassy Kiev Interview - approved!

10-14-2011: POE JFK - no worries, everything was quick and painless.

12-06-2011: Wedding in Las Vegas.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello everybody,

As everybody here I'm worried about the wait and the whole process in general. In fact, our situation has been unusual from the beginning and I was wondering if we might still be influenced. The situation is that we filed our first I129F petition back in December of 2009. We really made sure everything is in place. My Fiance and I are both experts in any kind of paperwork (due to our jobs specifics). Therefore, I'm absolutely confident that we had everything needed in our package. Unfortunately we NEVER had ANY kind of response from VSC. The package seemed to went nowhere. Has anybody ever run into something like that? I would really appreciate your knowledge and experience guys! I started thinking that problems with our 'second' (we filed in September of 2010) paperwork might be related to the problems with our 'first'.

Thank you in advance!

It seems there is a 6 month average wait, could be a little longer. Just hang in there. VSC is running behind.

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

Hello everybody,

Thank you in advance!

The first petition:

Was the check ever cashed?

Did you ever get an NOA1?

Did you inquire at all with USCIS about that case?

The second petition:

Vermont is a bit behind, taking about six months+ to process petitions right now.

They are still working on September, and haven't started October yet.

So you've still got a while to wait.

kitsig.jpg

K-1 Visa/ AOS Timeline:
(Detailed info on our timeline can be found here: About us)

ROC Timeline:

02/10/2014 - ROC Sent.

02/12/2014 - NOA1 Date.

03/11/2014 - Biometrics Date.

05/28/2014 - Card Production.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

when you called to inquire about the first petition in 2009 what did they say...What do you mean it didnt go anywhere? Did you ever get NOA2 from petition in 2009?

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Timeline

We never got ANYTHING on our first petition. The check was 'the cashier check' so we never got a trace of it. My Fiance called VSC but they said to wait some more time. He made sure they received the package but then...nothing. That's why I think it might be influencing our new petition.

Thanks for quick replies!

08-20-2007: Met online again and realized that we, in fact, liked each other a lot.

01-19-2008: Rob visited me in Ukraine for 2 wonderful weeks and we fell in Love.

09-18-2009: I visited Rob in Austin, TX for 3 weeks. He proposed to me at the airport on my way back home.

We never got ANYTHING on our first petition. The check was 'the cashier check' so we never got a trace of it. My Fiance called VSC but they said to wait some more time. He made sure they received the package but then...nothing. That's why I think it might be influencing our new petition.

Right now, I would say that I don't /think/ it's effecting your case.

Everyone from your time period at Vermont is still waiting.

So, you're probably just in the normal queue.

kitsig.jpg

K-1 Visa/ AOS Timeline:
(Detailed info on our timeline can be found here: About us)

ROC Timeline:

02/10/2014 - ROC Sent.

02/12/2014 - NOA1 Date.

03/11/2014 - Biometrics Date.

05/28/2014 - Card Production.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello everybody,

Thank you in advance!

Did you have delivery confirmation? Did they cash your check? Are you sure they had the proper address? USCIS is not perfect but they really aren't so bad. For a case to go into a "black hole" and never come out is almost unheard of. Why did you not contact your Senator?

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

It would not make sense that t would affect the current petition. Let's say they had the worng address and sent all the notices to the worng address. That case would have been approved and expired by now. Also it has currently been taking 6 months or so to get the NOA2. You CAN get a confirmation from the cashiers check that it has been deposited or not. Always use a persoanl check, it is easier to track.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

It would not make sense that t would affect the current petition. Let's say they had the worng address and sent all the notices to the worng address. That case would have been approved and expired by now. Also it has currently been taking 6 months or so to get the NOA2. You CAN get a confirmation from the cashiers check that it has been deposited or not. Always use a persoanl check, it is easier to track.

My fiance said he made sure our first package got to VSC and he even called there to find out if there was anything wrong. About the check, he told me that it's impossible to trace it and he even went to the bank but they couldn't help him either. We never got any signs of whether or not or petition reached VSC. He never contacted his congressman since he told me that it'd not be appropriate in such case.

That's why I'm worried about this petition as well since I don't have much trust in their service after what happened with our first petition.

Timeline

My fiance said he made sure our first package got to VSC and he even called there to find out if there was anything wrong. About the check, he told me that it's impossible to trace it and he even went to the bank but they couldn't help him either. We never got any signs of whether or not or petition reached VSC. He never contacted his congressman since he told me that it'd not be appropriate in such case.

That's why I'm worried about this petition as well since I don't have much trust in their service after what happened with our first petition.

Some things here do not add up, but it is water under the bridge. There IS a way to find out if the money order or cashiers check has been deposited. It is nonsense that there is not. Just not possible. There are NO incoming public phone lines at the VSC. You cannot call the VSC under any circumstance. You CAN call the USCIS 1-800 number but they cannot tell you anything without a case number. A congressman is exactly the person that would be appropriate to handle this.

From your description it is not "their service" I have a lack of trust in.

Never send anything to the government without delivery confirmation. Ask your fiance for the delivery confirmation. He can scan it and send it to you. Use ONLY personal checks. Other checks CAN be verified but it is not as easy. My bank, and most banks, allow you to look at the cancelled checks at their website. The back of the cancelled check gives you the case number which you can use when calling USCIS.

I will add this. In this process it is extremely important that both people be fully informed of each other and keep each other informed. It is likely at some point you are going to be asked questions about your relationship and if the answers you give are different than what USCIS knows to be true, it is a problem. It is very important your fiance be completely honest with you.

I have no concern about your current filing except I would ask your fiance for copies of the delivery confirmation, NOA1, etc. I sent these to Alla without being asked. I considered this to be OUR journey and there was a big part of it I had to do. She was fully entitled to know the progress at every step and have every document I had. I would not have had it any other way. If my petition had disappeared into a black hole, you can be sure I would have been in my senator's office ASAP.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Some things here do not add up, but it is water under the bridge. There IS a way to find out if the money order or cashiers check has been deposited. It is nonsense that there is not. Just not possible. There are NO incoming public phone lines at the VSC. You cannot call the VSC under any circumstance. You CAN call the USCIS 1-800 number but they cannot tell you anything without a case number. A congressman is exactly the person that would be appropriate to handle this.

From your description it is not "their service" I have a lack of trust in.

Never send anything to the government without delivery confirmation. Ask your fiance for the delivery confirmation. He can scan it and send it to you. Use ONLY personal checks. Other checks CAN be verified but it is not as easy. My bank, and most banks, allow you to look at the cancelled checks at their website. The back of the cancelled check gives you the case number which you can use when calling USCIS.

I will add this. In this process it is extremely important that both people be fully informed of each other and keep each other informed. It is likely at some point you are going to be asked questions about your relationship and if the answers you give are different than what USCIS knows to be true, it is a problem. It is very important your fiance be completely honest with you.

I have no concern about your current filing except I would ask your fiance for copies of the delivery confirmation, NOA1, etc. I sent these to Alla without being asked. I considered this to be OUR journey and there was a big part of it I had to do. She was fully entitled to know the progress at every step and have every document I had. I would not have had it any other way. If my petition had disappeared into a black hole, you can be sure I would have been in my senator's office ASAP.

Thanks again for the reply! I am really not exaggerating anything, everything I said are my fiancee's words. Do you think there is the chance he is not completely honest with me?

Timeline

Thanks again for the reply! I am really not exaggerating anything, everything I said are my fiancee's words. Do you think there is the chance he is not completely honest with me?

I know you are not exaggerating.

There are a lot of things that are not accurate in what you are being told. It IS possible to verify the whereabouts of the check, no matter where he bought it. People selling money orders and bank checks are required by law to be able to track them. That is a fact. That is why they have a serial number.

I know people who work at VSC. We live close to it, our friends and neighbors work there. There ARE NO incoming public phone lines. I cannot call my friend at work, I have to email him and he doesn't give out his email just anyone. That is a fact

I have worked with Senator Leahy and his office on immigration issues, particular cases and immigration legislation. I can tell you that HE would be very interested to know about a case that went into a black hole at USCIS and would do something about it pronto. That is a fact.

I suspect that your fiance had some impediment to his filing that he didn't want you to know about it. Maybe a divorce not being final (divorce must be final before he can file a petition) etc.

The thing is, and maybe this is just me, I asked Alla to marry me and join me in life and move to the USA. That is a lot to ask a woman, any woman (even though I am quite a prize :lol: ) but without being asked I sent her copies of everything, scanned receipts for mailings, scanned the NOA1 and emailed it, gave her the website to check our case progress if she wanted, gave her THIS website so she could talk to other people in the process. I went to Ukraine and went to gather all the documents with her. She did nothing alone and was aware of each step the minute I was aware of it.

What you are being told is simply not "credible". I cannot say it would never happen, pigs may fly someday, who knows? But it is not credible.

The problem is that IF he was waiting for a divorce (for example) and they ask you something at the interview like "Did you know your fiance was still having sex with his ex-wife when he was engaged to you?" (Yeah, they are not always polite about it, for a reason) If your response is "Voooooooooowhat!?????" You lose. The relationship can be judged "insincere" and your visa denied. If your response is "Yeah, so what?" You win! But that means both of you have to be honest with each other. Completely. Besides, there is NO WAY a long distance relarionship can work unless both of you are honest with each other. Always. I doubt that the truth is worse than the lie. It usually isn't.

Worse? You may get the visa, come to the USA, get married, go for your AOS interview and be denied after you are married. :o

Gary And Alla

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Gary, thank you for your profound reply, I really appreciate it! Finally our NOA2 is received and I have finally started gaining my belief in the system. Thank you!

I know you are not exaggerating.

There are a lot of things that are not accurate in what you are being told. It IS possible to verify the whereabouts of the check, no matter where he bought it. People selling money orders and bank checks are required by law to be able to track them. That is a fact. That is why they have a serial number.

I know people who work at VSC. We live close to it, our friends and neighbors work there. There ARE NO incoming public phone lines. I cannot call my friend at work, I have to email him and he doesn't give out his email just anyone. That is a fact

I have worked with Senator Leahy and his office on immigration issues, particular cases and immigration legislation. I can tell you that HE would be very interested to know about a case that went into a black hole at USCIS and would do something about it pronto. That is a fact.

I suspect that your fiance had some impediment to his filing that he didn't want you to know about it. Maybe a divorce not being final (divorce must be final before he can file a petition) etc.

The thing is, and maybe this is just me, I asked Alla to marry me and join me in life and move to the USA. That is a lot to ask a woman, any woman (even though I am quite a prize :lol: ) but without being asked I sent her copies of everything, scanned receipts for mailings, scanned the NOA1 and emailed it, gave her the website to check our case progress if she wanted, gave her THIS website so she could talk to other people in the process. I went to Ukraine and went to gather all the documents with her. She did nothing alone and was aware of each step the minute I was aware of it.

What you are being told is simply not "credible". I cannot say it would never happen, pigs may fly someday, who knows? But it is not credible.

The problem is that IF he was waiting for a divorce (for example) and they ask you something at the interview like "Did you know your fiance was still having sex with his ex-wife when he was engaged to you?" (Yeah, they are not always polite about it, for a reason) If your response is "Voooooooooowhat!?????" You lose. The relationship can be judged "insincere" and your visa denied. If your response is "Yeah, so what?" You win! But that means both of you have to be honest with each other. Completely. Besides, there is NO WAY a long distance relarionship can work unless both of you are honest with each other. Always. I doubt that the truth is worse than the lie. It usually isn't.

Worse? You may get the visa, come to the USA, get married, go for your AOS interview and be denied after you are married. :o

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.