garya505

Would you get your fiance pregnant before getting K1 VISA?

Would you get pregnant before getting K1 VISA?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Would you agree to try to get your fiance pregnant before getting her VISA?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

98 posts in this topic

Regardless of the religion issue, sanctity of marriage issue, immigration snafu possibilities, I'd still so No Way in Hell. I would not want my child born in a Phillipines hospital. I'm pretty sure the best hospital in Makati City is inferior to the most pathetic county hospital in America. My child's health and safety is too important to say yes before the visa is granted.

my blog: http://immigrationlawreformblog.blogspot.com/

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

-- Charles M. Province

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Regardless of the religion issue, sanctity of marriage issue, immigration snafu possibilities, I'd still so No Way in Hell. I would not want my child born in a Phillipines hospital. I'm pretty sure the best hospital in Makati City is inferior to the most pathetic county hospital in America. My child's health and safety is too important to say yes before the visa is granted.

In this scenario the child would most likely be born in the US. It wouldn't cause an immgration snafu unless there is a big delay in the VISA and the baby IS born in the RP, and then the petitioner just has to go get the child registered as a USC over there and get a VISA for the baby. In that case it's a valid concern about the hospitals being inferior.

One more thing to consider - DNA testing.

When we went to register our child's birth at the Consulate we asked if we needed to get the testing done for a child's passport. We were told no because the baby was born after we were married. If the baby is born out of wed lock you need to prove he/she is entitled to US citizenship. Therefore you may be subjected to a paternity test.

By having a baby before you are married could lead to more money and time spent on your visa journey.

11-05-06 Sent I-130 to California

06-01-07 INTERVIEW

06-04-07 Received VISA in the mail. Silly Consulate issued me CR-1 instead of IR-1, no time to change it in Australia, will try to change it once in California.

06-10-07 POE SFO

06-21-07 Receive SSN#

07-12-07 Receive Green Card in the mail STILL HAD CR1 INSTEAD OF IR1

12-10-07 Finally sent I-90 asking for a new green card with correct info.

06-17-08 INFOPASS - Was told USCIS sent new green card to old address back in Jan. Will resend it but may not be able to correct error as it was made by Consulate not USCIS.

What to do now??

Do we know for a fact that if the K1 beneficiary is preganant during the interview process that it would NOT cause a snafu? If it's discovered at the interview she is preggers, would she maybe have to wait until the child is born to pass the physical? I don't know, I'm just wondering.

my blog: http://immigrationlawreformblog.blogspot.com/

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

-- Charles M. Province

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline

I'm always surprised when people think the USA is so much better the every other country. Have you checked out our infant mortality rates. There are 35-45 countries in the world (out of about 220 countries depending on who you ask) that have better infant mortality rates then us. Places like South Korea and Cuba rank better then us on some of the lists.

The only real question in all this is do you both want kids. If the answer is yes, then do you want them now or latter. If you want them now then where the other person is should not matter.

If you plan on dumping your fiancee if their application is refused you couldn't love them too much any ways and shouldn't have started the process to begin with.

I say, if you both want a kid, go for it. Tons of babies have only one or no parents who truly love them. If yours has two parents that love them they are truly blessed even if in the childs first few months one is not there.

AOS

AOS, EAD, AP mailed 3/13/07

AOS Appt-Fresno, CA 6/14/07

AOS APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Green Card Received in the mail 6-29-07

Removal of Conditions

I-751 mailed 3/17/09

Card Received 7/11/09

Citizenship!!!!!

N-400 mailed 3/17/10

Interview 6/28/10

Oath 7/19/10

Sisters' I-130

I-130s mailed 8/14/10

checks cashed 8/23/10

Timeline
Do we know for a fact that if the K1 beneficiary is preganant during the interview process that it would NOT cause a snafu? If it's discovered at the interview she is preggers, would she maybe have to wait until the child is born to pass the physical? I don't know, I'm just wondering.

No it doesn't affect the results of the physical exam, and it happens quite often for a women to be pregnant at their interviews. I personally know one woman who was pregant at hers and aside from the discomfort of flying while pregnant everything was fine.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

relyn and i have had this discussion many times. im very anxious to have baby with relyn but the thought of not being there when we find out were pregnant would be torture......moreover to not be there with her during pregnancy would be painful to me. we have agreed to wait till we are able to fully enjoy the experience together and im so very thankful because i am so excited to be with her when we find out were pregnant.....i cant hug or kiss a webcam. i cant feel her tears and she cant feel mine when that moment comes at 7000 miles away. we also have other considerations such as annulment which could complicate if she were to show up at hearing with baby tummy....lol. but mostly we just need the experience to be with each other and not separate with so many miles

4 september 2005.....relyn and patrick chat on filipina heart for first time

19 december 2005....patrick flies to meet relyn and m'r (son) for first time

24 decemeber 2005.....we are ENGAGED!

25 december 2005....we fly to boracay. patrick and relyn exchange wedding rings on plane....lol but true

3 january 2006....we meet with attorney to discuss annulment of relyn marriage.

(husband absent for 6 years)

20 august 2006.......patrick returns to philippines

21 august 2006......patrick birthday

28 august 2006......we travel to baguio city till september 5

4 september2006....we celebrate in bagiou our 1st year anniversary of knowing each other.

10 september2006.....patrick back in u.s

19 april 2007....back together for another trip

21 april 2007....we travel to province relyn and family are from for a chance for me to meet extended

family. we are there for more than a week.

7 may 2007....return to the u.s.a.

JULY 2007.....annulment sent to judge desk awaiting decision

OCTOBER 2007.........JUDGE GRANTS ANNULMENT......YIPPEE GETTING CLOSE TO FILING I129F

31 december 2007 I29f sent via US postal priority mail

4 January 2008 NOA1

6 MAY 2008 NOA2 (GUESS THE TOUCH WAS A REALLY GOOD TOUCH)

10 MAY 2008 RECEIVE HARD COPY I-797 NOA2 IN SNAIL MAIL

22-23 may 2008-early medical(passed)

22-27 may 2008-son's medical....very long bcoz of tuberculin test

20 june 2008-my patrick visit me again for 4time

23 june 2008-interview u.s.embassy

27 june 2008-got my visa yipeee so quick!

2 july 2008- fly in tacoma wa, with my patrick and son

• 5 months later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You had sex before you got Married? I'm telling!

Rob

I-129F

Filed New I-129F form with IMBRA June 19, 2006

NOA 1 June 26, 2006

Touched July 3, 2006

I-129F Approved by E mail August 21, 2006, Just 63 Days

NOA 2 for I-129F Received in the Mail August 26th, 2006

I-129F at NVC

Case Number assigned at NVC August 29, 2006 MNL2006XXXXXXXXX

NVC sends the I-129F to the Manila Embassy August 29th, 2006

Embassy in Manila Receives I-129F August 31st, 2006

Packet 4 Received by Melinda from Manila Embassy October 1, 2006

Interview at Us Embassy Manila, October 18, 2006

Visa Approved! Interview Completed.

Visa Delivered by DELBROS October 28th, 2006

October 30, 2006 Arrived back in LAX with Melinda, were going to Disneyland!!!

November 6th, 2006, Melinda and I are back home in Winslow Arizona loving Life!