JQ Smiley BOOM

BOOM!!! Yardie Pardie ova here!! Positive vibez ONLY

762 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello and welcome to the Yardie room!

They are well aware that Jamaica has no zip codes so therefore I would leave it blank. We did on our forms. When I mail stuff to JA I never use a zip code. Hope this helps.

DO NOT LEAVE IT BLANK! I got an RFE for no zip code, attach a note stating that Jamaice does not have zip codes! DO NOT SEND WITHOUT NOTE!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey yardies. Clearly everyone fly the coop on this site! I had to scroll forever to find this post! LOL. Anyways... I am posting this here if anyone stops by. Please help if you can! HOping everyone is doing well with their loved ones and all are blessed. CIao. Below is the original post:

Hello all... hopefully you can assist me, provide advice, perspective, or something on this question.

Okay... so I was laid off from my work in May. Due to this factor, I know that I will need to get a joint sponsor for support since I am still unemployed. To my understanding, I will still need to provide my last years tax return/transcript, my last few pay stubs, and bank statements. I'm assuming I will need to provide the same information for my joint sponsor. This of course in addition to filling out the I-134 form. Please correct me if any of the above is incorrect.

My question is about the fact that I am unemployed. My interview will be in the next few months and there is no guarantee that I will have work by then. However, the I-134 ask for position/place of employment and asks for your annual income. What would I put in these spaces? I am currently enrolled in school full time, but due to my unemployment I have been using my savings and its slowly dwindling. So providing my back statement isnt going to do much for me. My cosponsor does meet the 125% guideline for support of us and their household, but I'm wondering if my unemployment may get me a visa denial?

Any suggestions? Anyone had a approval while they were unemployed with support based mostly on joint sponsor? HELP please.

Be Sober, Be Vigilant!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You should be okay with the co-sponsor -

As for what to put - For current status, I would say Unemployed - Are you collecting unemployment? If so, estimate your annual income for this year - whatever you earned up till you were laid off, then calculate your weeks of unemployment and add them together.

You might want to also enclose a letter explaining when you were laid off and that it was due to budget constraints / downsizing, etc... - I can't imagine, with today's economy, that you will be the first they have seen in that situation.

Edited by sus

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

As for what to put - For current status, I would say Unemployed - Are you collecting unemployment? If so, estimate your annual income for this year - whatever you earned up till you were laid off, then calculate your weeks of unemployment and add them together.

You might want to also enclose a letter explaining when you were laid off and that it was due to budget constraints / downsizing, etc... - I can't imagine, with today's economy, that you will be the first they have seen in that situation.

I'm so scared that being unemployed will work against me! I'm praying.

As for the rest, do you think it is wise to include the unemployment information? I mean they want to know my fiance wont be a public charge but right now that's what I am (although not by choice). So wouldnt that be a red flag?

Somebody help!

Be Sober, Be Vigilant!

As for the rest, do you think it is wise to include the unemployment information? I mean they want to know my fiance wont be a public charge but right now that's what I am (although not by choice). So wouldnt that be a red flag?

Somebody help!

Be Sober, Be Vigilant!

Timeline

Somebody help!

As far as you being a public charge, from my understanding they disregard that. Because you are a U.S. Citizen, you are entitled to that unemployment, etc and asking someone from another country to come here and become public charge is where the problem is. This is my understanding anyway... That U.S.C. can be a public charge as long as there's that co signer and all the proofs needed for that and you're good! That's the route I'm taking, I have child care assistance through the county and unpaid school loans in deferrment, it's the way it is out here now. We gotta have legit co signer and it's all good, as I understand it anyway... hope that helped at all? :blush:

“If puss and dog can get together, why cant we love one another?"

06/15/11: MAILED I-129F, ''fiancé visa'', petition to marry foreign born fiancé 3 months after landing in U.S.
06/22/11: CHECK CASHED! CASE MOVING FROM TEXAS TO CALI SERVICE CENTER (CSC)
06/25/11: NOA1, letter dated 6/20/11 from CSC
07/18/11: "TOUCH"
10/27/11: NOA2!! 129 DAYS
11/12/11: NVC Receives Petition
12/02/11: Kingston receives case from NVC.. Packet 3 never received. Request via email, more than one email sent.
12/19/11: Email Reply from Kingston with PACKET 4 and INTERVIEW DATE
12/23/11: MEDICAL APPOINTMENT KINGSTON
01/12/12: INTERVIEW KINGSTON 9:00am! **APPROVED!!!*
01/24/12: PICK UP VISA @ KINGSTON
01/26/12: POE @ ATL
02/21/12: MARRIED!!
04/17/12: Sent AOS, EAD & AP- Adjustment of status to "Conditional Permanent Resident'', Authorization to begin work, and Advance Parole (to travel outside U.S. while green card processes)
04/20/12: NOA1 I-485, I-765, I-131
05/11/12: Biometrics notice for appointment
05/23//12: Case transferred to CSC
06/08/12: Biometrics appointment
06/18/12: I-765 Approved & Green Card Production begins
06/23/12: EAD card and A.P. approval
01/05/13: I-485 APPROVAL text/email, Green card has been sent
01/11/13: Green Card arrives

09/22/14: Send in ROC for ten year green card

12/19/14: Green Card Expires, File for Removal of Conditions no earlier than 09/19/2014

As far as you being a public charge, from my understanding they disregard that. Because you are a U.S. Citizen, you are entitled to that unemployment, etc and asking someone from another country to come here and become public charge is where the problem is. This is my understanding anyway... That U.S.C. can be a public charge as long as there's that co signer and all the proofs needed for that and you're good! That's the route I'm taking, I have child care assistance through the county and unpaid school loans in deferrment, it's the way it is out here now. We gotta have legit co signer and it's all good, as I understand it anyway... hope that helped at all? :blush:

Thanks. Yah... I spent all night doing research on here last night and the consensus was just what you said. As long as my cosponsor can comfortably accomodate their household and my h2b then I should be good to go. We'll pray for smooth sailing on that end. Additionally, I've been told unemployment isnt considered means tested... but idk about that.

On another note, has anyone here used tax transcripts in Jamaica rather than copies of taxes and W-2's? If you use the transcripts do you still have to bring the W-2's? THanks all.

Be Sober, Be Vigilant!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello All, :dance: :dance: :dance:

Just stoping by to big-up mi yard family!!! I hope everyone is doing well in their Visa Journey's...

USCIS TIMELINE (Married March 20, 2010)

04/15/2010 - I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

04/22/2010 - NOA 1 Received

11/01/2010 - NOA2

NVC TIMELINE

01-NOV-2010: NVC Received Case

20-Dec-2010: Case Completed

US Embassy in Kingston

07-Feb-2011: Interview @ 8:00am

11-Feb-2011: Received Visa

16-Feb-2011: POE Houston, Texas

Removal of Conditions

07-Dec-2012: Mailed application

25-May-2013: Received 10yr. Green Card

ogTOm5.png

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Dan,

Still hanging in there. Wish I could visit family this weekend :( but I have to keep holding on.

Happy 4th of July.

Case #1: CR1 & CR2-Hubby & Kids
6/6/11...Priority Date
7/2011...NOA2 ~44 days
8/5/2011...NVC & IIN # Received
9/12/11... CR1 & Cr2 cases completed. ~37 days
11/4/11... CR1 & CR2 Interview APPROVED!!!
11/2011... POE
Praise Jesus!smile.png
----------------------------------
Case #2 - F1-Sister
USCIS

10/2006....I-130 sent.

NVC
9/2011.....NVC Case # received.
1/2012....AOS Bill Paid & I864 sent.
2/2012....IV Bill Paid & DS 230 sent
2/2012....**Case on Child Status Protection Act Review**

3/2012...Case complete waiting for interview date.

KNG Embassy

11/2013...Interview date :)

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks JaPrincess.

AirJamaica/Carribean Airlines ahd $687 tickets at last minute just now. When I went to check again, $1000.Definately not able to go again. :(

So life go.

Case #1: CR1 & CR2-Hubby & Kids
6/6/11...Priority Date
7/2011...NOA2 ~44 days
8/5/2011...NVC & IIN # Received
9/12/11... CR1 & Cr2 cases completed. ~37 days
11/4/11... CR1 & CR2 Interview APPROVED!!!
11/2011... POE
Praise Jesus!smile.png
----------------------------------
Case #2 - F1-Sister
USCIS

10/2006....I-130 sent.

NVC
9/2011.....NVC Case # received.
1/2012....AOS Bill Paid & I864 sent.
2/2012....IV Bill Paid & DS 230 sent
2/2012....**Case on Child Status Protection Act Review**

3/2012...Case complete waiting for interview date.

KNG Embassy

11/2013...Interview date :)

Timeline

Hello my vj yardie fam. Long time no venture on this blog. Continuous guidance and blessing for each and everyone waiting on an approval and for those who got approved. Im patiently here waiting for happy dance moment when i get my noa-2. Have a wonderful and safe july 4th everyone!!! Unnu dun know how di ting set. U zeet!

KLbIm4.png

3-5- 2011 - Mailed I-129F to Lockbox in Lewisville, TX

3-10-2011 - Received and processed by USCIS

3-15-2011 - Email received

3-16-2011 - "Touched"

3-18-2011 - Official NOA-1 received in mail

7-05-2011 - NOA-2 received (via email and text)

7-15-2011 - NVC received case; case# assigned

7-18-2011 - Case left NVC

7-21-2011 - Case received by the Jamaican Embassy

7-21-2011 - Sent DS-230 via email;Requested Packet 3 and confirmation of receipt to be sent via email

NEVER GOT PACKET 3

8-08-2011 - Interview date

8-08-2011 - APPROVED W/BLUESLIP (MEDICAL INCOMPLETE)

8-29-2011 - Completed medical: sent email to Embassy requesting date to drop off medical

9-01-2011 - Appt date to drop off medical, passport and DHL fee: received tracking #

9- -2011 - Received passport: time to book the ticket

10-1-2011 - POE: JFK

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey yardies. Clearly everyone fly the coop on this site! I had to scroll forever to find this post! LOL. Anyways... I am posting this here if anyone stops by. Please help if you can! HOping everyone is doing well with their loved ones and all are blessed. CIao. Below is the original post:

Hello all... hopefully you can assist me, provide advice, perspective, or something on this question.

Okay... so I was laid off from my work in May. Due to this factor, I know that I will need to get a joint sponsor for support since I am still unemployed. To my understanding, I will still need to provide my last years tax return/transcript, my last few pay stubs, and bank statements. I'm assuming I will need to provide the same information for my joint sponsor. This of course in addition to filling out the I-134 form. Please correct me if any of the above is incorrect.

My question is about the fact that I am unemployed. My interview will be in the next few months and there is no guarantee that I will have work by then. However, the I-134 ask for position/place of employment and asks for your annual income. What would I put in these spaces? I am currently enrolled in school full time, but due to my unemployment I have been using my savings and its slowly dwindling. So providing my back statement isnt going to do much for me. My cosponsor does meet the 125% guideline for support of us and their household, but I'm wondering if my unemployment may get me a visa denial?

Any suggestions? Anyone had a approval while they were unemployed with support based mostly on joint sponsor? HELP please.

Hello DarlingNikki,

Sorry, this is a late response, i haven't been in the VJ forums for quite some time now! I just wanted to let you know, I was unemployed during ALL of the visa process for my husband!!! I just supplied the USCIS with my latest 3 years income tax returns and my co-sponsors as well... I also included a letter stating that I was capable (and currently searching) for full-time work. I would definitely include a letter also stating that you are a student. Do not worry, you will get through this- amazingly enough, the government does realize that most states in the U.S. are at an all-time high for unemployment rates right now! If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to message me any time. Good luck with your journey, and God Bless Always.

Edited by SpanglasGirl

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.