Yagisama

Tokyo US Embassy information here

59 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Yagisama and Neko,

I just got an email from Delta and this link My link. You cannot fly to Tokyo-Haneda (HND) but you can fly to Tokyo-Narita (NRT). Not sure which airport you will be flying into. I have a layover at Narita in just over a week. I am in the same boat as Yagisama and no travel warning is going to stop me from seeing my sweetie. Good luck with your interviews, I'll be thinking about you guys because the 18th is when I fly back home.

NRT rocks!! hehehe

Good luck and have a safe trip to your sweetie Andy and Pui :luv:

You guys are so sweet... now, where's my man!? :rofl: I shall tease him with this, saying "How dare you!" Wahaha :D

neko

as1cJQvwEa20810MDAwMHw1ODRsanxXZSBoYXZlIGJlZW4gbWFycmllZCBmb3I.gif

NRT rocks!! hehehe

Good luck and have a safe trip to your sweetie Andy and Pui :luv:

You guys are so sweet... now, where's my man!? :rofl: I shall tease him with this, saying "How dare you!" Wahaha :D

Thanks Neko. I won't be there for Pui's interview. She should be sending packet 3 today(04-01) after work and try and do the medical when I am in Thailand with her. So I'm guessing her interview will be sometime in May.

AOS Journey

11-04-2011 sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

11-07-2011 delivered

11-08-2011 Date on text messages but did not receive until 11-22-2011

11-23-2011 Check cashed.

11-25-2011 Hard copies of NOA1s

12-06-2012 Pui's Brother unexpectly passes away and we make an info pass appointment and receive an emergancy AP so she can return home. Pui leaves for Thailand for 2 weeks.

12-06-2012 Get a text message and email that she received an RFE

12-12-2012 RFE for original birth certificate. I swear we sent it along with a certificate translation of it.

12-20-2012 Pui returns from Thailand.

12-21-2012 We send the RFE back for with original birth certificate along with a new certificate of translation(I had to wait for her to return for her to sign)

12-26-2012 text and email they have received the RFE.

12-29-2012 Appointment for biometrics is 01-23-2012

01-13-2012 AP is approved.

01-23-2012 Biometrics appointment. Later during the evening the text and email saying the EAD is approved.

01-31-2012 EAD/AP combo card arrives.

05-22-2012 Email and text card is in production!

Timeline

:dance: Yeah!! Go Yagi, go!!

Wishing you a miracle! :star: :star:

I called DOS last night and the lady I talked to was able to see the log of the consulate sending me out the appointment letter I received and she said I will be fine... even though I submitted DS-160 (the wrong one) and I had made another appointment before receiving the letter. She said the embassy will ignore my form DS-160, but I am still kind of anxious... fingers crossed :blush:

A dash of miracle is just the thing our application needed! :energy:

"Decisive Action" is one of my favorite word pairs. It's also a quote from a character from an old computer game (StarCraft 1). It however applied very well to our visa application process. :lol: I wasn't going to just sit and wait around for something to happen, considering I have to travel for work at May 1 and I really wanted to go to Tokyo for the interview! :lol:

Before I even knew whether she had gotten packet 3 or not, I made the visa interview from the US! Next day we got a reply that they accepted our interview date. Then an hour later, they sent an email that we should send the DS-230 immediately! :lol:

We have since sent the DS-230. I am getting all our other documents prepared to take with me to Tokyo.

Last night I booked my flight to Narita for 4/14.

Neko san I'll see you at the interview on 4/18! B-)

Timeline

A dash of miracle is just the thing our application needed! :energy:

"Decisive Action" is one of my favorite word pairs. It's also a quote from a character from an old computer game (StarCraft 1). It however applied very well to our visa application process. :lol: I wasn't going to just sit and wait around for something to happen, considering I have to travel for work at May 1 and I really wanted to go to Tokyo for the interview! :lol:

Before I even knew whether she had gotten packet 3 or not, I made the visa interview from the US! Next day we got a reply that they accepted our interview date. Then an hour later, they sent an email that we should send the DS-230 immediately! :lol:

We have since sent the DS-230. I am getting all our other documents prepared to take with me to Tokyo.

Last night I booked my flight to Narita for 4/14.

Neko san I'll see you at the interview on 4/18! B-)

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!! I am so happy for you two!!!!!

This post made my day. Thank you Yagisama!

Is your interview at 8:30 as well?

neko

Timeline

Ha, I just got a call from the consulate and they said my interview has been rescheduled... to the 14th. weird. :blink:

Yeah my fiancee got a similar call. When she was telling me about it, I was shocked and I almost thought she was kidding!!

Thankfully, she refused it! :lol: Very politely of course. She mentioned that I am coming on April 14 and they were very understanding.

Now I am hoping that my "Decisive Action" wasn't "Foolish Action" as we are cutting it very close with the documents (police certificate, etc). I hope everything will be ready by the time of the interview. :blush:

Neko san, did you have to send passport sized pictures with your DS-230? Do you have to take other passport sized pictures with you to the interview?

And no DS-157 right? I accidentally started to fill it out and it was a pain since it asked for addresses of schools attended. My fiancee is thankfully female so we don't have to fill it out right? :lol:

Timeline

Yeah my fiancee got a similar call. When she was telling me about it, I was shocked and I almost thought she was kidding!!

Thankfully, she refused it! :lol: Very politely of course. She mentioned that I am coming on April 14 and they were very understanding.

Now I am hoping that my "Decisive Action" wasn't "Foolish Action" as we are cutting it very close with the documents (police certificate, etc). I hope everything will be ready by the time of the interview. :blush:

Neko san, did you have to send passport sized pictures with your DS-230? Do you have to take other passport sized pictures with you to the interview?

And no DS-157 right? I accidentally started to fill it out and it was a pain since it asked for addresses of schools attended. My fiancee is thankfully female so we don't have to fill it out right? :lol:

I know! :wacko: My fiance was freaking out because he'd not yet sent out the docs to me, but he did yesterday, so hopefully I will get it next Mon or Tue :whistle:

I sent a visa size photo (5cm x 5cm) along with DS-230, and I think they need two more exact same visa sized photos at the interview, too. I was confused about this too, because at the medical they say they want a passport size photo... but I got many copies in each size just in case anyway :lol: hahaha

Yeah, no DS-157 :no:

A copy of DS-157 is required for all male applicants aged 16 to 45 and for all applicants over age 16, male or female, who are citizens of or born in Cuba, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, or Syria.

neko

Timeline

Neko san, I hope you get your documents tomorrow!

We are almost done here as well. My fiancee surprised me a few days ago and she has finished EVERYTHING so I was really happy about that! I was a little worried about how the EasyPay ATM process would be but she had already done it!

My flight to Narita is Thursday morning. Nartia really does rock!! I visited there 10 times in less than 3 years! laughing.gif

I have gotten about 50 pictures printed just in case! Some of my favorite pictures are from Kobe Kachoen We took some pictures with baby penguin and kamos! Only 10 people can get pictures with penguins so once they opened the doors we ran to register for the pictures and beat all the slow little kids! laughing.gif

Actually it was my fault we had to run, I made us wait in the wrong side even when my fiancee said the penguin registration was going to be on the other side. blush.gif

Anyhow I'm gonna get a new checkstub on Wednesday so I'll print that and get an updated income document from work. I want these docs to be as fresh as possible! laughing.gif Then we're going to have some relaxing time in Yokohama! energy.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Good luck guys.

Hopefully my fiancee will schedule her interview for June. We were working on the DS 230 last night and scheduled her medical for the day after she returns to Japan. Her return ticket from this trip has a connection in Tokyo with a night layover, so we decided to move the second leg back to Fukuoka about 6 hrs and get the medical done while she was there. If you guys have any advice on what to bring to the medical it would be appreciated because she's going directly to it after being here for a month. I don't want her to forget to bring something because she can't go home to remember it. Damn, it's maddening to think of how things are going to happen when you don't have the instruction packet yourself.

I kinda wish we didn't schedule her trip to visit me in April because we could have been done with this in May. I guess we'll use that time together to plan out a better wedding.

Timeline

Good luck guys.

Hopefully my fiancee will schedule her interview for June. We were working on the DS 230 last night and scheduled her medical for the day after she returns to Japan. Her return ticket from this trip has a connection in Tokyo with a night layover, so we decided to move the second leg back to Fukuoka about 6 hrs and get the medical done while she was there. If you guys have any advice on what to bring to the medical it would be appreciated because she's going directly to it after being here for a month. I don't want her to forget to bring something because she can't go home to remember it. Damn, it's maddening to think of how things are going to happen when you don't have the instruction packet yourself.

I kinda wish we didn't schedule her trip to visit me in April because we could have been done with this in May. I guess we'll use that time together to plan out a better wedding.

It might depend on where your fiancee has a medical check at, but here is my case;:D

I had my medical check at Tokyo British Clinic (my appointment was at 9:00am, but went in at 8:45-ish) and I was done before 10:00am, with my medical reports in hand:)

Since my interview was rescheduled, I had to expedite and paid extra 8000 yen or something, to get the result right away, but normally they need 4 business days to send you the result.

Things I brought;

a passport size photo

vaccination receipt that proves I have had all the required vaccinations

my passport

fee

glasses (or contact lenses)

You can call the clinic and they will tell you what to do as well :energy:

neko

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Gambatte! Neko san :thumbs:

Let us know how it goes and what questions they ask.

09/13/10 - Sent in I-129F

09/16/10 - NOA1 (Letter Received 09/24/10)
10/03/10 - Only Touch Before Approval
03/30/11 - NOA2 (195 Days from NOA1) (Letter Received 04/04/11)
04/07/11 - NVC Received File
04/12/11 - File Left NVC Sent to Embassy
04/13/11 - File Received by Embassy
04/19/11 - Packet 3 Received
04/20/11 - Packet 3 Sent to Embassy
04/29/11 - Packet 4 Received
06/06/11 - Interview (263 Days from NOA1) APPROVED!!!!
06/09/11 - VISA Received
07/04/11 - POE (Washington D.C. Dulles)
07/25/11 - Married

08/11/11 - Sent in I-485,I-131,I-765
08/17/11 - NOA1
09/12/11 - Biometrics
10/13/11 - EAD and AP Approved
10/22/11 - EAD Card Received
10/26/11 - AOS Interview (APPROVED!)
11/04/11 - Green Card Received

08/13/13 - Sent in I-751

08/20/13 - NOA1

09/24/13 - Biometrics (Bad Fingerprints)

10/17/13 - Redo Biometrics, Walk-In

12/03/13 - NOA2 (Approved!)

@Yagisama and Neko, good luck with your interviews

I just got my instructions today, I think I have a different set of instructions since I am a lone gaijin beneficiary hehe. Did they ask any of you to send a previous passport? I just want to confirm if they did ask you guys and if you sent the actual previous passport(s) and not the copies of the pages.

thanks in advance!

to everyone, gambatte ne!

event.png

Visa

=======================================
02.11.2011 ~ sent K1 visa application
02.16.2011 ~ NOA1
03.21.2011 ~ NOA2
04.13.2011 ~ Packet 3 received
05.16.2011 ~ Interview (approved)
05.21.2011 ~ visa received

AOS
10.13.2011 ~ sent AOS application
10.21.2011 ~ NOA
11.14.2011 ~ biometrics appointment (AOS & EAD)
01.06.2012 ~ received EAD/AP combo card (has expiration date error)
04.27.2012 ~ GC production

ROC

02.26.2014 ~ sent ROC application

03.06.2014 ~ NOA (USCIS CSC)

03.27.2014 ~ biometrics appointment

06.20.2014 ~ GC production

N-400

02.03.2015 ~ sent N-400 application

02.10.2015 ~ NOA

03.27.2015 ~ In Line notification

03.30.2015 ~ Interview text notification

05.04.2015 ~ Interview: APPROVED!

05.15.2015 ~ 'MURICAN!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.