Jay & Cici

Medical Exams - recommendation for a psychiatric clearance

22 posts in this topic

So,I have my medical exams for my K1 visa today. After few days of being anxious about my daughter's medical exam, thinking that we might have problems on hers for a K2 visa, where it turned out to be on me. Her medical exams went out ok, we finished around 11am but then the SLMCEC told me my daughter should come back on Thursday for her immunization and told me to come back 1pm today to get a referral slip. Then i was like, "referral slip for what??"..when i came back, this guy was explaining to me that they saw a scar on my left wrist (this awkward but yea,i tried slashing my left wrist way 2001, because of my depression when my mom died)but it was a small one and not really that serious, i wasnt been got admitted tot he hospital or got any sutures for it. I know this is not a usual case here in VJ but i am worrying now that they may need to consider this in approving my visa..now they are recommending me to see a doctor and need psychiatry evaluation. told my fiance about it, because he knew about the scar already and he was like asking me, "seriously?" at first, i was laughing and i cant believe it and thinking it was already 10 years ago, but when i was asked to fill up a form saying: recommending for a psychiatry clearance (Same form they use for those alcohol dependent cases), yea...this is it.. so down and worrying.. need your opinions about this.

Edited by Jay & Cici

We never get tired of reminding each other that our love is stronger than anything else..Jay&Cici

-----------------------------

I've just read about the scar issue thing on slec website and yes, if they found any scars which is something unusual, they might recommend you to undergo psychiatry evaluation. Did they ask you about whats behind that scar? Did you tell them about it?

I guess you will just have to undergo such evaluation. They might just wanna know how well you cope with life's crisis and stuffs.

K1 Timeline

02-28-11 I-29F SENT

06-01-11 PETITION APPROVED

07-15-11 VISA APPROVED

AOS Timeline

03-02-12 I-485 SENT

05-22-12 INTERVIEW APPROVED

ROC Timeline

04-18-14 I-751 SENT

07-29-14 APPROVED

Naturalization Timeline

06-29-16 N400 SENT

08-02-16 BIOMETRICS

10-12-16 INTERVIEW

They also will ask about any scars that you may have. If they are suspicious about the responses or pattern of scarring, they may ask you to undergo a pscyhological assessment (e.g., for suicidal behavior, self-mutilation behavior, etc.).

Oh no, Its not is slec website, sorry. I read it in one of the poster here on this topic.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/301153-medical-exam-processing/

K1 Timeline

02-28-11 I-29F SENT

06-01-11 PETITION APPROVED

07-15-11 VISA APPROVED

AOS Timeline

03-02-12 I-485 SENT

05-22-12 INTERVIEW APPROVED

ROC Timeline

04-18-14 I-751 SENT

07-29-14 APPROVED

Naturalization Timeline

06-29-16 N400 SENT

08-02-16 BIOMETRICS

10-12-16 INTERVIEW

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

awe!..whatever the reason sister they still suspect you attempted to suicide,and it can be habitual or risk, that is really all about psychiatric,as my perspective doesn't mean they can deny your visa for having suicidal attempt,this can be just a risk factor,all i know they will just do assesment,counsil etc..if they found out your tottaly recovered from previous event,they will give you something and you can have your interview and visa..

Do not worry much,they just want to make sure you are fine,they might ask for few visits or follow up only...

K1 Timeline

October 6 2010--NOA1

March 7 2011----NOA2

March 14 2011---Visa fee Paid @ BPI

March 15 2011---NVC sent our case to Usem(Manila)

March 16 2011---Medical exam (passed!whooo!)Thank you God!

March 17 2011---Vaccination done

March 22 2011---Scheduled Interview(april 28 2011),Usem just uploaded our case(i think)

March 23 2011---Rescheduled Interview(April 13,2011),after many trials online scheduling,with the help of guy agent from Usem call center,he changed my password online.

April 13,2011---Interview(plsss God Guide us...!^_^)

that is so silly. i even read that thread last night before i go to my medical today..its just that i completely forgot about the scar already. haha! good luck to me. i need to see a doctor tomorrow.

We never get tired of reminding each other that our love is stronger than anything else..Jay&Cici

Timeline

yeah i saw you post your reply on my question on that thread last night. good luck again and hope everything goes smoothly.

10-12-2010 NOA1 date

10-15-2010 Touch

03-14-2011 Touch

03-14-2011 NOA2 date (153 days after NOA1)

03-23-2011 Received by NVC

04-05-2011 Called NVC today and they are still processing our papers.

04-07-2011 Left NVC

04-13-2011 Received by USEM

04-25-2011 Medical 1st day

04-27-2011 Medical 2nd day (K1&K2 passed.) THANK GOD.

05-06-2011 Interview(Got 221g for Taiwan Police Clearance and to have another interview.)

06-02-2011 USEM received documents for 221g

06-07-2011 USEM emailed that we are in further review.

06-27-2011 USEM called and asked to submit my son's baptismal certificate, school report card, travel documents from the bureau of immigration of me, my fiance and my son's biofather, and snail mail between me and my fiance.

08-02-2011 submitted additional requirements and 2nd interview.

08-16-2011 USEM emailed and asked for my passport and police clearance.

08-17-2011 USEM emailed and said they have found our passports and my Taiwan police clearance.

08-23-2011 Visa approval. THANK GOD FOR THIS ANSWERED PRAYER.

08-25-2011 Visa in transit according to 2Go.

08-26-2011 CFO seminar

08-26-2011 Visa in hand. THANK YOU LORD GOD FOR THESE BLESSINGS. Praying now to be with my honey on his birthday.

08-31-2011 CFO sticker

09-04-2011 POE: LAX

rpC8m8.png

having my faith..people change in 10 years well, that is with good side or bad side though..haha..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

That is so strange.

I have a fairly large scar on my wrist and when the doctor was asking me the questions about suicide and all that, I answered honestly and said yes, I had attempted many years ago when I was a teenager. And then that was it. He cleared me for my medical and I've had no problems getting my visa and then greencard.

01/09/09 - Sent I-129F

Visa Approved!

23/07/10 - Arrived in the U.S.

28/08/10 - Got Married

20/10/10 - Sent AOS

04/11/10 - InfoPass Appointment to request an Expedited AP

05/11/10 - Expedited AP Approved! RFE requested for AOS

01/02/11 - RFE sent

01/01/11 - RFE Received

01/12/11 - Biometrics taken

01/28/11 - EAD Approved

02/02/11 - AOS moved to CSC

03/07/11 - Greencard Approved!

Filed: Country:
Timeline

Don't worry too much about the Psych Eval. Just be honest about the circumstances surrounding it and how long ago it was.

When Anna & Gabby did their medicals Gabby was referred for Psych Eval because at 2 years old he wasn't talking. They didn't even consider that might be due to him being born deaf in a country that doesn't do anything for deaf babies. A year and a half later he has Cochlear Implants and is finally starting to talk!

To SophWeb, i guess that's Philippines, most of the time, they claim that they are conservative :P

To Bob 4 Ana, that's what i am thinking, be honest and dont worry too much and besides that freakin 10 years man never happen again :D

everything will be fine.

Thanks to you guys, very much appreciated.

Edited by Jay & Cici

Timeline

So,I have my medical exams for my K1 visa today. After few days of being anxious about my daughter's medical exam, thinking that we might have problems on hers for a K2 visa, where it turned out to be on me. Her medical exams went out ok, we finished around 11am but then the SLMCEC told me my daughter should come back on Thursday for her immunization and told me to come back 1pm today to get a referral slip. Then i was like, "referral slip for what??"..when i came back, this guy was explaining to me that they saw a scar on my left wrist (this awkward but yea,i tried slashing my left wrist way 2001, because of my depression when my mom died)but it was a small one and not really that serious, i wasnt been got admitted tot he hospital or got any sutures for it. I know this is not a usual case here in VJ but i am worrying now that they may need to consider this in approving my visa..now they are recommending me to see a doctor and need psychiatry evaluation. told my fiance about it, because he knew about the scar already and he was like asking me, "seriously?" at first, i was laughing and i cant believe it and thinking it was already 10 years ago, but when i was asked to fill up a form saying: recommending for a psychiatry clearance (Same form they use for those alcohol dependent cases), yea...this is it.. so down and worrying.. need your opinions about this.

Timeline

hello guys xan i ask you? how many days till u have ur schedule about your fiancee medical and her interview in manila? btw we got our NOA2 approved already and whats next? my fiancee is from phils too. pls leave me some comments and reply.. thanks..

Filed: Timeline

You will be fine!

I was alot worse than you seem to be and I passed. I started a whole topic on it and my experiences from start to finishing, including the psyc evaluation in order to help others as info seemed to be lacking on the forum. I guess those who experienced it didn't want to make it public on the forum. Since I get many people messaging me asking for my view on it all to calm nerves and what they should expect etc.

The evaluation is just routine, nothing major. Have a look at the below topic as it has it all in there about it.

Good luck

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/239711-self-harm-depression/

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Just go in to the exam with a confident attitude and everything will be fine. I think as others have said that it is just a routine thing so shouldn't be a big deal. Just another step in the process. Good luck.

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Had the same fear when i had my medical, had 3 scars on my wrist, coz i cut it many times during my suicide attempt. Worn a watch over it and answered...got away with it but was super nervous. I'm sure you will be fine :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.