LIndsay1811

AOS Interview Documents

11 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

Thanks to everyone here on VJ! This site has been so helpful and made our process so much easier!

We have our AOS interview on Tuesday this week! I'm terrified and excited that this process will be over with soon (well, at least for a while :P)

Because our interview is in an office over 200 miles away, we have to leave our apartment and drive to the city of our interview the day before.. (tomorrow!) Yikes!

So we're preparing for the interview and making DOUBLE sure we take everything we need, since we'll be so far away from home and not be able to just 'run home' if we forget anything. Here is a short list of everything we're taking with us to our interview.. Can someone with some experience here take a quick look at this and let me know if this looks about right or if i'm leaving anything out? I really really appreciate it! :)

* a copy of our entire AOS package that was submitted in Dec 2010

* originals of our passports, birth certificates, I 94, Visa, EAD document, marriage certificate, prior divorce decree

* two photo albums with family pictures, pics from our non formal casual wedding, birthdays, vacations, honeymoon, etc

* Our joint lease in both of our names

* Statements from our joint bank accounts (2 checking accounts)

* Canceled checks from our rent payments (checks in both of our names)

* 2 affidavits from my mother and a family friend declaring knowledge of our relationship and marriage

All of our utilities are included in our rent payments, (our electric, water, cable, etc) This IS stated in our joint lease.. so we don't have any other bills we can provide to USCIS. Also, we don't have car insurance in both of our names yet since my spouse doesn't have a valid SC driver's license yet. (He should be able to get this after receiving his GC)..

Does this seem like enough evidence of our relationship? Thank you so much for your responses!

Lindsay

AOS from my Husband's B2 Visa

Met on Twitter! smile.png
3-22-10 Met for the first time in person in the US
5-13-10 Visited him in Mexico
7-16-10 Visited him in Mexico
7-20-10 He came to the US to visit me POE: Houston TX
9-15-10 My birthday, got engaged! biggrin.png
10-29-10 Married! Happiest day of my life!
12-20-10 Sent AOS package, I485, I130, I765
12-27-10 NOA 1, Package received at the Chicago Lockbox
1-7-11 Biometrics Appointment Notification Received, Appt Feb 4th, 2011
2-4-11 5 Minute stress free, smooth, biometrics appointment in Charlotte NC
2-14-11 HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! NOA 2 biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png Interview scheduled for 3-22-11 in Charleston SC
2-16-11 TOUCH! EAD production ordered!!
2-22-11 Touch I765
2-23-11 Touch I765 (Post Decision activity?)
3-22-11 AOS Interview, 10:30AM, Charleston SC
Greencard Approved!!!!

02-20-13 I-751, ROC packet mailed via Fedex Express-2 Day
2-22-13 Package Received and Check cashed!
2-27-13 NOA 1 Received! Dated 2-22-13
3-07-13 Received Biometrics letter scheduled for 03-19-13

07-10-13 ROC Approved! Card production ordered

Filed: Other Timeline

Looks like have covered it all and then some.

Dress like you would go to a job interview and don't forget to pack the toothbrushes!

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Looking good. Just go in confident and natural and everything will hopefully go well.

Good luck!

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

2010 Tax Return would be good, in addition to the 2010 W-2s. If relevant, proof of employment letter for your husband stating his salary and/or recent pay stubs.

Good luck!

Nov. 5: Sent AOS Package

Nov 17: AOS received by USCIS

April 1: INTERVIEW DAY. Approved!!!!!!

Early June: Moved to New York City. The only relevant city in the world ;)

Thank you all for your replies! :D

I'll be sure to come back tomorrow and let everyone know how it goes! :)

Best wishes,

lindsay

2-14-11 HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! NOA 2 biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png Interview scheduled for 3-22-11 in Charleston SC
2-22-11 Touch I765
Greencard Approved!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My interview is next week on tuesday, and i wanted to ask the same questions but you beat me to it, so that's good info for me too!

Again good luck!!! and let us know how it went!

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My interview is next week on tuesday, and i wanted to ask the same questions but you beat me to it, so that's good info for me too!

Again good luck!!! and let us know how it went!

Our interview was yesterday and we were approved!!! :D yayyy!!!

I took my 2010 W2 and Taxes with me and the IO did ask to see the W2, so i was relieved that I remembered to bring it along!

Good luck next week! Let us know how it goes. :)

Lindsay

2-22-11 Touch I765
Greencard Approved!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Our interview was yesterday and we were approved!!! :D yayyy!!!

I took my 2010 W2 and Taxes with me and the IO did ask to see the W2, so i was relieved that I remembered to bring it along!

Good luck next week! Let us know how it goes. :)

Lindsay

yayyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 :dance::dance::dance::dance:

That's awsome! one less thing to worry about, right? :lol:

I will also bring everything i can think of, worst case scenario they don't ask for it, but if they do i am prepared.

So I would asume they told you on the spot you were approved?, i heard the norfork office in VA where i have to go, they usually don't aprove people on the spot...but i will let you guys know how my interview went!

Congrats again on the great job, and I wish you the best in life!

yayyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 :dance::dance::dance::dance:

That's awsome! one less thing to worry about, right? :lol:

I will also bring everything i can think of, worst case scenario they don't ask for it, but if they do i am prepared.

So I would asume they told you on the spot you were approved?, i heard the norfork office in VA where i have to go, they usually don't aprove people on the spot...but i will let you guys know how my interview went!

Congrats again on the great job, and I wish you the best in life!

Thanks! We came with a Box (a Banker's box to be exact) with evidence of our relationship. She never asked to see any of that. The 2010 W2 was the only thing. :/ LOL! So i'm glad we brought it along. She did let us know that we were approved on the spot, yes. It was really REALLY nice to hear the word approved. She even said, 'Congratulations, You're now a legal permanent resident." I wrote up a full review in my time line for everyone to read if they like.

I think the reason we got approved on the spot is because our office was a supervisor. She was very nice but some of the IO's we saw coming and going did not look as nice. We even got an email about 2.5 hrs later that card production had been ordered! My best advice would be try to be as natural and calm as you can. I was a nervous wreck while we were there, so I know it's hard. I even burst into tears at the end of the interview. But the IO just handed me a box of tissues and smiled.

I'm sure your experience will be great. I wish you the best of luck!! :)

2-22-11 Touch I765
Greencard Approved!!!!

Thanks! We came with a Box (a Banker's box to be exact) with evidence of our relationship. She never asked to see any of that. The 2010 W2 was the only thing. :/ LOL! So i'm glad we brought it along. She did let us know that we were approved on the spot, yes. It was really REALLY nice to hear the word approved. She even said, 'Congratulations, You're now a legal permanent resident." I wrote up a full review in my time line for everyone to read if they like.

I think the reason we got approved on the spot is because our office was a supervisor. She was very nice but some of the IO's we saw coming and going did not look as nice. We even got an email about 2.5 hrs later that card production had been ordered! My best advice would be try to be as natural and calm as you can. I was a nervous wreck while we were there, so I know it's hard. I even burst into tears at the end of the interview. But the IO just handed me a box of tissues and smiled.

I'm sure your experience will be great. I wish you the best of luck!! :)

Congratulations!

03/09/2011 AOS Application Sent.
03/11/2011 (Day 0) Application Received
03/16/2011 (Day 7) NOA 1 (Text Email)+ (Checks Cashed)
03/19/2011 (Day 10) Hard Copy of NOA 1
03/28/2011 (Day 19) Biometrics letter 4/8/2011
04/08/2011 (Day 30) Successful Biometrics for I-765/I-485
05/13/2011 (Day 65) EAD received in the mail
05/14/2011 (Day 66) Email confirming EAD approved (Case updated online TOUCH)
05/20/2011 (Day 72) SSN In the Mail.

09/08/2011 (Day 200 ) Email notification of Interview.
10/11/2011 Interview at 26 Federal Plaza, NY!
Interviewed and Am expecting RFEs!
10/13/2011 (Day ***) Received RFE-- Requesting that I provide documentation to prove I was never married in Uk or Illin
02/11/2012 (Day ***) Service request..Told its being reviewed by supervisor

24th March 2012!!!!!!!!!!! Email notifiying me of CARD IN PRODUCTION
03/26/2012 (Day 376) Emails confirming that my I-130 and I-485 have been approved.

4/2/2012 Green Card In Hand!

Unbelievable that my journey took this long but Im thankful

Next Stop Premed...Yup!

3/24/2014 Application for conditions to be removed

9/22/2014 APPROVED without interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.