tonylovesam

medical exam processing?

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello VJers. Can anyone tell me how the medical exam for K-1 conducteed? I mean what is the process of it, is it a "head-to-toe" assessment? I've heard that the examinee will be naked, is it true??????????? Please let me know. Thanks.

Sam's CRBA, US Passport, and SSN Journey

Nov. 2010: CRBA and US passport application sent(via Air21)

Dec. 08, 2010: Interview(DNA was recommended)

April 04, 2011: CRBA and US passport on hand

April 2011: SSN Application sent (mailed original docs thru 2GO)

April 29, 2011: SSN card on hand

My K1 Visa Journey

March 05, 2011: I-129F packet sent

March 14, 2011: NOA1

May 20, 2011: NOA2(approved in 67 days from NOA1, with no RFEs)

June 24, 2011: NVC received approved petition from USCIS

June 29, 2011: Approved original petition left NVC to US Embassy-Manila

July 15, 2011: Eligibility letter received from US Embassy-Manila(dated July 11, 2011)

October 26 - June 5, 2012: SLEC trap!!! (DOT tx to vaccine administration)

June 7, 2012: Interview (APPROVED!) :)

June 18, 2012: Visa picked up at the embassy

June 20, 2012: POE in Detroit

proud of my family

:)

Unfortunately, yes. LOL anyone who will undergo medical examination will be asked to undress. They sure will check the private parts too. :blush: lol. But no worries, they are professional and probably have seen lots of it everyday. (a fellow VJers told me this)

K1 Timeline

02-28-11 I-29F SENT

06-01-11 PETITION APPROVED

07-15-11 VISA APPROVED

AOS Timeline

03-02-12 I-485 SENT

05-22-12 INTERVIEW APPROVED

ROC Timeline

04-18-14 I-751 SENT

07-29-14 APPROVED

Naturalization Timeline

06-29-16 N400 SENT

08-02-16 BIOMETRICS

10-12-16 INTERVIEW

Hello VJers. Can anyone tell me how the medical exam for K-1 conducteed? I mean what is the process of it, is it a "head-to-toe" assessment? I've heard that the examinee will be naked, is it true??????????? Please let me know. Thanks.

1st day - X-ray, blood extraction, urine sample, interview of vaccinations and physical exam (your doctor will ask you about history of illnesses etc.). Yes you will be ask to take all of your clothes during physical exam, but you will be also ask to wear a hospital gown, the doctor is female so don't worry... the doctor will you for lumps around your breast, your breathing and you will be ask to bend down or lie on your side and open your butt check a bit.

2nd day - if Xray is good, then vaccinations, if xray is not good, then sputum, you will be ask to cough in a cup for sample and the will culture it for 8 weeks, then after 8 weeks if the result is negative, then you will proceed to vaccinations.

hi sis, do we need to have all the vaccines? what are those that are really required for k1? I'll have my medical on wednesday together with my daughter for her K2.

We never get tired of reminding each other that our love is stronger than anything else..Jay&Cici

-----------------------------

Timeline

hi,u could see those information about how they do medical exam at the back of PDS something like that which is not comprehensive and only chest XRAY,blood test,urine test,eye test would check to you..the way we do physical exam in hospital could be little bit different to physical exam there at SLMC,kinda a rush,time matters,only few minutes and ur done,1)doctor will just ask your health history,what you've said will be documented,then you'll be ask to be undress,put a gown and lye to the table,she asked me to raise my hand and put it under my head,i really cant believed what she did to me its just a glance to my private part and said ok ur done!that's why i asked her again,im done?yah ur done,she just palpate my abdomen but on upper part around the chest she only did was touched on one vertical stroke lol,like wiping a table in one stroke,lol..cause on our patient we always do a complete PE,maybe she just trust me,instead of checking she just asked me..they are more concern about your chest xray cause any negative result of that could lead to infectious,communicable so make sure your chest xray is normal,nothing to worry cause i passed and you'll pass ,all of us will passed :dance:

regarding immunization,i thought what i've seen to my sister's package from embassy(k1) before will be given to us,like HPV vaccine but doctor said it's not done anymore they only giving those basic or typical vaccination like tdap,dpt,varicella,etc..they gave me 4 shots/injections.

all i could say i'm one the luckiest who passed their medical,so thankful to GOD.

my advice is go there at early in the morning so u will be finish before lunch,it's not really safe there outside,so for those who are not familiar in place do your medical at early morning.Goodluck! :)

K1 Timeline

October 6 2010--NOA1

March 7 2011----NOA2

March 14 2011---Visa fee Paid @ BPI

March 15 2011---NVC sent our case to Usem(Manila)

March 16 2011---Medical exam (passed!whooo!)Thank you God!

March 17 2011---Vaccination done

March 22 2011---Scheduled Interview(april 28 2011),Usem just uploaded our case(i think)

March 23 2011---Rescheduled Interview(April 13,2011),after many trials online scheduling,with the help of guy agent from Usem call center,he changed my password online.

April 13,2011---Interview(plsss God Guide us...!^_^)

hi sis, do we need to have all the vaccines? what are those that are really required for k1? I'll have my medical on wednesday together with my daughter for her K2.

You will be evaluated based on your vaccinations history... They give me 3 vaccines, and when i got my result it says they cannot administer the other vaccines due to time or my age (I am 34), I don't know about children though, maybe others with kids can comment...

I think on the average, one person can get 3-4 shots...

Goodluck on yours and your daughter's medical!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

moving thread to:

US Embassy and Consulate Discussion

This is the place to post your experiences or questions related to this last step before moving to the US. Topics relating to I-134's, packets sent from consulate and medical & police certificates should be posted here.

YMMV

Timeline

11-27-2010 - I-129F sent

12-06-2010 - check received

12-06-2010 - NOA1

01-07-2011 - touched

03-04-2011 - NOA2!!!!

03-11-2011 - NVC received petition from USCIS

03-14-2011 - called NVC for MNL case number (got it!)

03-15-2011 - case left NVC to Consulate

03-16-2011 - 09:58am visa fee paid through BPI-Nova Branch

03-17-2011 - payment reflected in USEM database (got the UID)

03-20-2011 - NVC letter received by my Hubby

03-23-2011 - Medical examination schedule

04-xx-2011 - interview

04-xx-2011 - CFO Seminar

-----------------

@ jay&cici

I noticed in your signature that you have no interview schedule yet but you are going ahead to have your medical. What are the documents needed for the medical? Many thanks on what info you have on this and good luck on your medical and interview.

Edited by anna73

10-12-2010 NOA1 date

10-15-2010 Touch

03-14-2011 Touch

03-14-2011 NOA2 date (153 days after NOA1)

03-23-2011 Received by NVC

04-05-2011 Called NVC today and they are still processing our papers.

04-07-2011 Left NVC

04-13-2011 Received by USEM

04-25-2011 Medical 1st day

04-27-2011 Medical 2nd day (K1&K2 passed.) THANK GOD.

05-06-2011 Interview(Got 221g for Taiwan Police Clearance and to have another interview.)

06-02-2011 USEM received documents for 221g

06-07-2011 USEM emailed that we are in further review.

06-27-2011 USEM called and asked to submit my son's baptismal certificate, school report card, travel documents from the bureau of immigration of me, my fiance and my son's biofather, and snail mail between me and my fiance.

08-02-2011 submitted additional requirements and 2nd interview.

08-16-2011 USEM emailed and asked for my passport and police clearance.

08-17-2011 USEM emailed and said they have found our passports and my Taiwan police clearance.

08-23-2011 Visa approval. THANK GOD FOR THIS ANSWERED PRAYER.

08-25-2011 Visa in transit according to 2Go.

08-26-2011 CFO seminar

08-26-2011 Visa in hand. THANK YOU LORD GOD FOR THESE BLESSINGS. Praying now to be with my honey on his birthday.

08-31-2011 CFO sticker

09-04-2011 POE: LAX

rpC8m8.png

Hi Anna73,

With the MNL case number, you can pay for your visa processing fee and have your medical exams. just tell SLEC, you already have your MNL case number, photocopy of passport and the original and 4 id photos and they can accommodate. You dont need to ask for a schedule, you can walk in and tell them you are for US Visa Medical exam.

John,

My hubby is joking about that too.. lol

We never get tired of reminding each other that our love is stronger than anything else..Jay&Cici

In terms of documentation requirements, the St. Lukes Medical Center Extension Clinic website, at http://www.slec.ph/us-visa-applicants.shtml#required-docs, is pretty accurate. However, based on Ann's recent experience you may be asked to complete a DS-156 while there. Why? Don't know, because you also have to bring a completed DS-156 to the Embassy interview as well ... and you do not get a copy of the form that you fill out at St. Luke's. My only guess is that it is used as a cover sheet that accompanies the medical report and your passport when they are forwarded to the Embassy.

They also will ask about any scars that you may have. If they are suspicious about the responses or pattern of scarring, they may ask you to undergo a pscyhological assessment (e.g., for suicidal behavior, self-mutilation behavior, etc.). Also, if you have had a marriage annulled, they WILL ask for your annullment decree, which is what happened to Ann. Luckily, I had a copy in PDF format, sent it to her, and was able to submit it same day to St. Luke's. The reason: the most common basis for annullment in the Philippines is psychological incapacity (whether it exists or not) ... if the paperwork had indicated that Ann was the "psychologically incapacitated" partner I am sure she would have had to go through the aforementioned psychological assessment.

Take care and have a great evening!

Joe

Hi Joe (& Ann)

Thanks for this, i am going to have my medical exams tomorrow. good thing you mentioned bringing a copy of DS 156.

In terms of documentation requirements, the St. Lukes Medical Center Extension Clinic website, at http://www.slec.ph/u...l#required-docs, is pretty accurate. However, based on Ann's recent experience you may be asked to complete a DS-156 while there. Why? Don't know, because you also have to bring a completed DS-156 to the Embassy interview as well ... and you do not get a copy of the form that you fill out at St. Luke's. My only guess is that it is used as a cover sheet that accompanies the medical report and your passport when they are forwarded to the Embassy.

They also will ask about any scars that you may have. If they are suspicious about the responses or pattern of scarring, they may ask you to undergo a pscyhological assessment (e.g., for suicidal behavior, self-mutilation behavior, etc.). Also, if you have had a marriage annulled, they WILL ask for your annullment decree, which is what happened to Ann. Luckily, I had a copy in PDF format, sent it to her, and was able to submit it same day to St. Luke's. The reason: the most common basis for annullment in the Philippines is psychological incapacity (whether it exists or not) ... if the paperwork had indicated that Ann was the "psychologically incapacitated" partner I am sure she would have had to go through the aforementioned psychological assessment.

Take care and have a great evening!

Joe

Hmmm..... Interesting. I will have my fiancée make an extra copy of the DS-156 for medical just in case.

According to this website,

St. Luke's

it is not needed but best to be on the safe side.

John

Timeline

@jay & cici thanks for the info. we dont have an NVC letter yet dont know if its ok to have the medical without it. good luck again on your medical tomorrow.

@joe and ann thanks for the added info. very helpful. good luck on your interview tomorrow.

10-12-2010 NOA1 date

10-15-2010 Touch

03-14-2011 Touch

03-14-2011 NOA2 date (153 days after NOA1)

03-23-2011 Received by NVC

04-05-2011 Called NVC today and they are still processing our papers.

04-07-2011 Left NVC

04-13-2011 Received by USEM

04-25-2011 Medical 1st day

04-27-2011 Medical 2nd day (K1&K2 passed.) THANK GOD.

05-06-2011 Interview(Got 221g for Taiwan Police Clearance and to have another interview.)

06-02-2011 USEM received documents for 221g

06-07-2011 USEM emailed that we are in further review.

06-27-2011 USEM called and asked to submit my son's baptismal certificate, school report card, travel documents from the bureau of immigration of me, my fiance and my son's biofather, and snail mail between me and my fiance.

08-02-2011 submitted additional requirements and 2nd interview.

08-16-2011 USEM emailed and asked for my passport and police clearance.

08-17-2011 USEM emailed and said they have found our passports and my Taiwan police clearance.

08-23-2011 Visa approval. THANK GOD FOR THIS ANSWERED PRAYER.

08-25-2011 Visa in transit according to 2Go.

08-26-2011 CFO seminar

08-26-2011 Visa in hand. THANK YOU LORD GOD FOR THESE BLESSINGS. Praying now to be with my honey on his birthday.

08-31-2011 CFO sticker

09-04-2011 POE: LAX

rpC8m8.png

Chinook did not bring an immunization record with her to St. Lukes when she had her medical. She received only two immunizations...Tdap and MMR.

It's best to go to St. Lukes around noon so you don't have to get up early and fall in line. :yes::thumbs:

If you don't have an interview eligibility letter from the Embassy, or an interview appointment confirmation sheet, or a letter from the NVC, you can use your MNL case number and your NOA2 in order to be admitted into St. Lukes for your medical.

Good luck everyone! :star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.