GhLove

Wedding Jamz

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Trying to take my mind of the wait... so I'm creating a wedding playlist! I want to play a nice mixture of r&b, dance music, hip life (Gh version of hip-hop, which I LOVE), and oldies. Looking for a lil advise on specific songs. What your all-time favorite dance and love songs? New, Old, Fast, Slow...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My all time.....all time Favorite is African queen by tuface (nigerian artist) you should youtube it if you have not heard it..I loves loves loves that song. He has several other slow love songs as well. banky W is good and psquared.....all are nigerian artist and I know you are looking for Ghana music but I thought I would chime in anyway...Happy planning!!! and it is a good idea to keep your mind off the wait I painted my house and worked out in the gym during my time....Keep it up your closer to the end than you are the beginning... :thumbs:

Edited by patient2010

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

U might want to add BRACKET - YORI YORI (from Nigeria) to the playlist & definately some P SQUARE - NO ONE LIKE U**

& if U want to have a Rastafarian moment definately include some CULTURE (very classic group)... My husband LOVES music & so do I (it's a family thing passed down) and I tell U, I listened to some of the BEST music of my life in African music in my life... I still can't get the melodies out of my mind.. Thank God for Pandora I can get a spin-off of some of the music I heard. Good Luck on building Ur Wedding Jamz... :yes::dance:

There is nothing that wastes the body like worry, and one who has any faith in God should be ashamed to worry about anything whatsoever” ~Mahatma Gandhi~

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

At our wedding we played some 2face, Praye, Sidney's "Africa Money" and whatever was hot at the time (2008). We also had local musicians play at our wedding.

At our reception we had a mix of American and local music. Some sappy Celine, and Mariah. My sisters and cousin did a synchronized dance to Soulja boy for us :lol:

Our first dance was to Chris Brown's "With You".

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Those are ALL very good songs! I super HEART African Queen and I'm actually planning to walk down the isle to that song! I think it's just the perfect African love song and describes our relationship so well! It's on my Ipod play list (believe it or not, they have alot of West African music on Itunes)!!! I also LOVE Psquare (almost ALL of their music, including "no easy" and "bizzy body") lol. I like Yori Yori too. Sometimes I really can't tell which songs are Nigerian and which are Ghanian, because I always heard them alot in Ghana.

And there are a few hip-life songz that I can not wait to play! A song called "make me fall in love" (I think his name is Banj??). Brandez and 4X4 also have a few songs I like. I'm so excited to introduce everyone to some lifely African music. I know people will be shocked at how they "get down" lol.

Any other suggestions???

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

pretty much every artist named hails from naija. you can't go wrong with tuface, 9ice, d'banj, psquare, ikechukwu and MI. also throw in some old school artists-shina peters, fela, femi, etc.

i don't know any ghanaian artists that are popping, but i know most ghanaians listen to naija artists.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Those are ALL very good songs! I super HEART African Queen and I'm actually planning to walk down the isle to that song! I think it's just the perfect African love song and describes our relationship so well! It's on my Ipod play list (believe it or not, they have alot of West African music on Itunes)!!! I also LOVE Psquare (almost ALL of their music, including "no easy" and "bizzy body") lol. I like Yori Yori too. Sometimes I really can't tell which songs are Nigerian and which are Ghanian, because I always heard them alot in Ghana.

And there are a few hip-life songz that I can not wait to play! A song called "make me fall in love" (I think his name is Banj??). Brandez and 4X4 also have a few songs I like. I'm so excited to introduce everyone to some lifely African music. I know people will be shocked at how they "get down" lol.

Any other suggestions???

Yes, African music is Very lively.. I've had my Mom & Brother over here in the States bobbing their heads on several occasions to some African grooves on the sub-woofers.. Thats an awesome feeling when U can introduce the Fam & Friends to some music that definately makes the World ~go~ Round!! =@)

Edited by kamson

There is nothing that wastes the body like worry, and one who has any faith in God should be ashamed to worry about anything whatsoever” ~Mahatma Gandhi~

Timeline

Oh there are many many african good songs:

Daddy Lumba- Menya mpo

Tosin Martin- Olo mi

PSquare- I love you, Possibility

2Face- African Queen

Bracket- Yori Yori

Infact just too much. Enjoy your wedding planning!!!

AOS Timeline
7-23-2010 AOS package mailed priority via USPS to Chicago Lockbox (expected delivery date 7-26-2010)
7-27-2010 AOS package delivered
8-3-2010 NOA 1 AOS/EAD/AP (received hard copy NOA 1's in mailbox 8-7-2010)
8-6-2010 AOS/EAD/AP Touched
8-9-2010 AOS/EAD/AP Touched
9-15-2010 Biometrics walk-in at Alexandria,VA ASC(original appointment date 10-5-2010)
9-15-2010 AOS/EAD Touched
9-16-2010 AOS/EAD Touched
9-22-2010 EAD/AP Touched
9-22-2010 EAD card production ordered. Approved!!!!!
9-23-2010 EAD/AP Touched
9-30-2010 EAD received in mail
10-4-2010 Received interview letter in the mail
11-9-2010 AOS interview 11:00am in Baltimore, Maryland
11-9-2010 Greencard approved!!

Timeline

All this talk about music has prompted me to put in some psquared here in my office :)

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Timeline

Thanks guys for all the good inputs! I'm making a list and making additions to my itunes library and get very excited about all this good music! Just makes me wanna dance all day!

Hi GhLove,

I love the songs by Jeremiah Gyang, especially 'In Love with You'. He's from Jos, and mostly a gospel singer, I believe, but a couple of his songs are R&B type. Oh and can't forget Seal, especially Santana ft. Seal, 'You Are My Kind'...thanks to DebbyNSeyi for introducing me to that one :thumbs:

In case you want some American Music suggestions too, listen to Kem 'Share My Love'...Maxwell...Anything :D

Good luck on your list!

Toni

07/17/2008.......WEDDING DAY!!!!
USCIS STAGE (for me):
06/09/2010.......SENT I-130 TO USCIS
06/15/2010.......NOA1 & RECEIPT DATE (CSC)
11/03/2010.......NOA2 Email received-APPROVED!!-141 days

NVC STAGE (for him):
11/08/2010.......NVC Case # Assigned
11/19/2010.......DS-3032 received via email
07/02/2011.......IV (DS-230) Package mailed//NVC Received-7/5/2011
07/14/2011........CASE COMPLETE!!!
07/15/2011........SIF!!!

EMBASSY STAGE (for us):
8/23/2011.........Medical-Part 1
8/24/2011.........Medical-Part 2(Completed!)
9/12/2011.........INTERVIEW @ 10:00AM - APPROVED!! (IR-1 Visa)

POE: DECEMBER 3rd, Washington, D.C. (IAD)!!!

1/10/2012........Green Card in Hand!
02/07/2012........Rec'd. Social Security Card

Naturalization Journey:

09-27-2016................Mailed N-400

11-03-2016................Biometrics

Notified 2/13/2017........2-8-2017.....Case Is In Line For An Interview

3/23/2017 @ 9AM......Interview

4/13/2017...................OATH CEREMONY!!

• 7 months later...
Timeline

old skool

Nana Acheampong Na Anka Ebeye Den

Absolutely love this song!!!!

AOS Timeline
7-23-2010 AOS package mailed priority via USPS to Chicago Lockbox (expected delivery date 7-26-2010)
7-27-2010 AOS package delivered
8-3-2010 NOA 1 AOS/EAD/AP (received hard copy NOA 1's in mailbox 8-7-2010)
8-6-2010 AOS/EAD/AP Touched
8-9-2010 AOS/EAD/AP Touched
9-15-2010 Biometrics walk-in at Alexandria,VA ASC(original appointment date 10-5-2010)
9-15-2010 AOS/EAD Touched
9-16-2010 AOS/EAD Touched
9-22-2010 EAD/AP Touched
9-22-2010 EAD card production ordered. Approved!!!!!
9-23-2010 EAD/AP Touched
9-30-2010 EAD received in mail
10-4-2010 Received interview letter in the mail
11-9-2010 AOS interview 11:00am in Baltimore, Maryland
11-9-2010 Greencard approved!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Nov 9th 2010 Petition received at California Service Center

May 4th 2011 Received petition Approval letter

May 12th 2011 Received Letter from NVC stating info has been forwarded to Lagos consulate office

July 14th 2011 Received Fiancé Visa packet and interview date (via email)

Sept 20th 2011 Interview day! Visa not approved.. Requesting more proof :-(

Sept 28th 2011 Second interview scheduled for early December :-)

Dec 5th 2011 Interview rescheduled consulate office caught fire :-(

Dec 6th 2011 Visa APPROVED!!!! :-D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.