Bibi and Beebti

How can we delay our RFE deadline ???

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

We recieved a letter from USCIS TODAY... and they're giving us FIFTEEN (15) days to collect police certificate for my wife from all her previous places of residences since 2004 untill present. That means JORDAN, UK, and USA !!??

are they serious ? it takes weeks to get a police certificate in the US alone ...is there anyway one can delay the deadline ?

K1 timeline
- K1- I-129F filed.....09/December/2009
POE: New York.....23/June/2010- temporary employment stamped into passport
GOT MARRIED =) .....04/August/2010

AOS timeline
- Filed AOS,EAD, and AP all together.....11/September/2010
- EAD received .... 11/November/2010
- AP in hand 14/December/2010
- AOS approved 01/April/2011
- Greencard in hand 09/April/2011

Removing Conditions

- Filed I-751..... 21/January/2013

- Received NOA- Conditional Status extended for one year.....28/January/2013

- NOA failed Biometrics - re-scheduled for a 2nd time in August (GRRRR).....15/July/2013

- 2nd Biometrics.....08/August/2013

- RFE-Fingerprints non-readable TWICE -need to provide police clearances......17/October/2013

- APPROVED- Finally- no interview, or further RFE's. Submitted request through Ombudsman early January. Approval 15/January/2014

Naturalization

- Filed N-400....15/March/2014

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

No not for the USA. You only need for places that are not USA.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Did you not get police certificates for your K-1?

01/09/09 - Sent I-129F

Visa Approved!

23/07/10 - Arrived in the U.S.

28/08/10 - Got Married

20/10/10 - Sent AOS

04/11/10 - InfoPass Appointment to request an Expedited AP

05/11/10 - Expedited AP Approved! RFE requested for AOS

01/02/11 - RFE sent

01/01/11 - RFE Received

01/12/11 - Biometrics taken

01/28/11 - EAD Approved

02/02/11 - AOS moved to CSC

03/07/11 - Greencard Approved!

Timeline

No not for the USA. You only need for places that are not USA.

do you know if there is any way one can request a slight postponement for the RFE response deadline ? I mena 15 days is really really tight . I've never heard on these boards of such short notice for an RFE response.

K1 timeline

AOS timeline

Removing Conditions

- NOA failed Biometrics - re-scheduled for a 2nd time in August (GRRRR).....15/July/2013

- RFE-Fingerprints non-readable TWICE -need to provide police clearances......17/October/2013

- APPROVED- Finally- no interview, or further RFE's. Submitted request through Ombudsman early January. Approval 15/January/2014

Naturalization

Timeline

Did you not get police certificates for your K-1?

We did. She provided all her police clearances right before arriving. But I believe this has to do with her biometrics, because her fingerprints were not scanned properly. She had to go in for her biometrics twice, and I'm assuming the 2nd time didn't work either. So now THIS ?

K1 timeline

AOS timeline

Removing Conditions

Naturalization

Timeline

please, we are really desperate and distressed right now. If anyone knows how someone can delay an RFE deadline, we would appreciate your thoughts on this.

We were given only 15 days to respond and there's no way we can provide this documentation within the requested deadline. an extra week even would be most helpful. but the deadline was so vague, it simply says within 15 days, no mention of date of letter, or date of receipt, or whether that's 15 WORKING days. and it seems quite cruel that they would only provide us that time-frame when what they're requesting cannot be accomplished in the US in 15 days let alone abroad.

:help:

K1 timeline

AOS timeline

Removing Conditions

Naturalization

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

We did. She provided all her police clearances right before arriving.

Do you not have a copy of those police clearances she turned in for the K-1? I would think you could send that and not need to get new ones within 15 days.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Do you not have a copy of those police clearances she turned in for the K-1? I would think you could send that and not need to get new ones within 15 days.

True, but it says 'certified' copies, not sure what exactly that means. also unfortunately we do not have copies as we did our K1 process through a lawyer, which I'm sure has our entire file filed away somewhere. Emailed them today to see if they can send us though copies. waiting for reply.

If this works, do you think we can send in the copies ? and what does 'certified' mean though- and original seal on a photocopy :unsure:

this all would be a peice of cake if we only had more time. THAT'S what im worrying about. it says if we don't send in the information with the 15 day time-frame our application will be denied?? and thats just crazy

K1 timeline

AOS timeline

Removing Conditions

Naturalization

Should not need a certificate from the US. For the UK, if you pay extra for the faster service and also fastest postal delivery, you could have the police certificate back in time to have it in the mail to USCIS within 15 days. No idea about Jordan. (Although, may be slightly more complicated to have to apply for it from outside the UK.)

Try phoning every number for USCIS to try to get an answer from someone on the 15 days.

My feeling is that it surely must be okay if you go over the 15 days; this is an AOS that was filed before the I-94 had expired, so I can't imagine that anything bad would happen if you didn't have them in the mail in 15 days. However...best to immediately start the process of getting hold of the certificates either way.

If you don't receive a comforting response from USCIS then I would suggest that you send something to them before the 15 days is up: any police certificates you have managed to get, or any copies you have managed to get, or just a letter saying you are in the process of getting them and saying the date you applied for the certificate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.