Hiker

I-129F question #11 - how do I recover that info?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I was married 11 years ago, also by petitioning fiance with the I-129F. So, question #11 is relevant to me. It wants "name of all aliens, place and date of filing, A# and result".

Since I got divorced, I figured there would never be a need for all that old INS stuff and I threw it out. Who can I contact in the gov't to find out the date of filing and A#? The result was "approved". By "place", I assume they mean the Vermont Service Center? I obviously know her name too, but do they want the pre or post marriage name?

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I found the A# on an old photocopy of her green card. So, now I'm just stuck on the filing date. I'm positive I have no copies of the I-129F paperwork remaining. Would they want the date I mailed it, or the date it was received?

Did you pay by check when you applied for the I-129F before? If so, you may be able to obtain a copy your cashed check online or by calling your bank.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8066925138937638623#
Angels Still Don't Play This HAARP

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I was married 11 years ago, also by petitioning fiance with the I-129F. So, question #11 is relevant to me. It wants "name of all aliens, place and date of filing, A# and result".

Since I got divorced, I figured there would never be a need for all that old INS stuff and I threw it out. Who can I contact in the gov't to find out the date of filing and A#? The result was "approved". By "place", I assume they mean the Vermont Service Center? I obviously know her name too, but do they want the pre or post marriage name?

Thanks!

I would put down, "Exact date of filing unknown, but around Month, Year"

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

I presume no one knows? I narrowed down the date to a specific week, but I don't know the exact day. Will that be good enough?

Of course.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-02

I-129F Receipt Notice : 2008-12-05

RFE: 2009-02-26

Approval Notice: 2009-03-13

NVC Received: 2009-03-23

Left NVC: 2009-05-12

Stuck at NVC 50 days

Interview: 2009-06-23 Passed!

Visa picked up: 2009-06-25

POE Detroit: 2009-07-04

Married: 2009-09-11

Filed for AOS: 2009-09-22

Biometrics taken: 2009-10-29

Advance Parole approved 2009-11-04

Employment Authorization approved 2009-11-04

AOS Appointment 2009-12-15

AOS Approved 2009-12-15

Green Card Received 2010-01-02

Filed for ROC: 2011-09-17

ROC approved 2012-03-21

Green Card Received 2012-03-26

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

You may request a FOI ( Freedom of Information Act ) at

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextchannel=34139c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextoid=34139c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

It state's the address to send is Missouri but I had to send it to Virginia you might want to start at the website above and do some more research to get the info quicker.

Good Luck!

Here is a form generator to help you start if needed

http://www.rcfp.org/foialetter/index.php

Edited by LoosingHope

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

FOI takes 6 to 8 months to get it. You will get a copy (not all) of what you have submitted.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8066925138937638623#
Angels Still Don't Play This HAARP

Filed: Timeline

Well, no way am I waiting 6-8 months for a FOIA request, just so I can begin the lengthy K1 visa process.

I hope the approximate day is good enough. I found an archive of my original K1 visa web site that I created long ago, and I indicated on there a date that it was received, although it may be a few days off from whatever date they are looking for.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I presume no one knows? I narrowed down the date to a specific week, but I don't know the exact day. Will that be good enough?

Even just the year would be good enough. Provide the information you know and if something is unknown, so indicate. If you have the A number, they can find anything else they need. Even both names and the year is enough for them to find what they need.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.