uverseman

I want to add stuff to my k1 package at Vermont

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Can I update or add anything to a K1 package that is at Vermont under processing? I think I may get an RFE for a timeline issue that may be questioned and I can correct it now before something triggers it.

I would like to send a letter of explanation and further evidence. Is this possible and if so, how? Would it replace my K1 in que if there is no RFE and they pull it out to add the additional stuff? I just past the 4 month mark and do not want to disturb it unless I was sure it would not mess it up before a possible RFE. Anybody do this before?

Visa K1 Journey

02-21-10 met online

04-13-10 visit for 21 days in Philippines

08-14-10 visit for 3 months in Philippines

11-01-10 filed K-1

11-06-10 NOA1 received

04-19-11 RFE received

04-21-11 RFE returned

05-04-11 NOA2

05-11-11 Received at NVC, case number assigned

05-13-11 Left NVC to the USEM

06-01-11 Set up interview with embassy

07-21-11 Approved!... with an additional document she needs to aquire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBHEKx6afFw

If you aim at nothing, you'll hit it every time

Timeline

Can I update or add anything to a K1 package that is at Vermont under processing? I think I may get an RFE for a timeline issue that may be questioned and I can correct it now before something triggers it.

I would like to send a letter of explanation and further evidence. Is this possible and if so, how? Would it replace my K1 in que if there is no RFE and they pull it out to add the additional stuff? I just past the 4 month mark and do not want to disturb it unless I was sure it would not mess it up before a possible RFE. Anybody do this before?

I have the same issue although I am only 75 days into my journey. I was given very conflicting opinions about doing such. I am waiting for my fiance to send some receipts and I will send the other evidence in. Actually, I have a lot to submit, plus some typographical errors that I made on some forms might cause them to be RFE'd. I am doing it. Someone else called in and was told to just send it in. I will send in a copy of my NOA1 along with evidence and a good explanation as to what I am sending. I am sure that they can use the receipt number to track the file down. I would not think they would just throw it away.

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

I have the same issue although I am only 75 days into my journey. I was given very conflicting opinions about doing such. I am waiting for my fiance to send some receipts and I will send the other evidence in. Actually, I have a lot to submit, plus some typographical errors that I made on some forms might cause them to be RFE'd. I am doing it. Someone else called in and was told to just send it in. I will send in a copy of my NOA1 along with evidence and a good explanation as to what I am sending. I am sure that they can use the receipt number to track the file down. I would not think they would just throw it away.

event.png

By the way Dave, did you check out my advice about driving?

event.png

event.png

Timeline

By the way Dave, did you check out my advice about driving?

Yes i did. I am starting truck driving school march 21 for 6 weeks and the school places new students in jobs with affiliated companies. Once hired, i get paid with on the job training for 6 weeks then given my own truck. Maybe about this time period i will get noa2 and be well on my way. My fiance is excited about traveling with me on the road.. Thanks for advice!

Visa K1 Journey

02-21-10 met online

11-01-10 filed K-1

11-06-10 NOA1 received

04-19-11 RFE received

04-21-11 RFE returned

05-04-11 NOA2

Timeline

Ok, I called today and asked the agent. His response was that unfortunately there is no way to add additional stuff to the file until an RFE was generated and sent to me. I guess maybe whatever is to be sent in had to have an RFE number or something to track it to my case. No volunteered extra info allowed.

Edited by uverseman

Visa K1 Journey

02-21-10 met online

11-01-10 filed K-1

11-06-10 NOA1 received

04-19-11 RFE received

04-21-11 RFE returned

05-04-11 NOA2

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

When USCIS receives your case, they pack it into a file folder with a bar code on it and put it in a box with similar cases that arrived at about the same time. That box sits on a shelf for several months, until an adjudicator picks it up, brings it to their desk, takes a case out of it, swipes the bar code into the computer, and starts working the case.

If everything is present and well organized, a single case takes 20-40 minutes. Then they mark it as approved in the computer, and move on to the next case in the box, and so on, until they finish the box, and go and get another one. That's their whole job.

OTOH, If something is missing, the adjudicator issues an RFE using the computer. The case then stays at the adjudicator's desk until the RFE stuff you send in arrives. The new material is routed to the desk of the last adjudicator who swiped the bar code on the file, where the adjudicator manually adds it into the file, and then continues to adjudicate the case.

So you see, there is simply no process for any supplemental material you send to be added to your file until your file is receiving the individual attention of a particular adjudicator. They could probably find your case, if they had to, by manually searching the boxes of K-1s that arrived the same week yours did, but they would only do that in an emergency, like if a congressional immigration liaison office has asked them to expedite something. They won't pull the manpower from other cases to do that just to match supplemental material up to a file when no RFE has been issued yet.

Edited by HeatDeath

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

While I used to advice AGAINST sending any more information before it was requested, I have seen people here have success in doing so. There is no harm in trying, and as long as you make copies of everything you send, all you are out is the price of sending it if it doesn't get matched up to your petition. Include your case number and NOA1 and hope for the best.

You should read this thread:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/295268-has-anyone-sent-addition-info-on-their-k1-before-receiving-an-rfe/

ESPECIALLY the second to last post (by me). I sent in information before an RFE was sent, and it was matched up. (See my post on other thread for the story.)

Spoiler

07/20/2011-------I-485 and I-765 Sent
07/26/2011-------NOA1 received via email
08/05/2011-------RFE Notification via email and text
08/11/2011-------RFE Hardcopy in mail
08/12/2011-------RFE Sent back
08/15/2011-------RFE Received at USCIS
08/24/2011-------Biometrics Appointment
09/06/2011-------Notice of Interview! (via text)
09/15/2011-------EAD Approved Notification via text
10/06/2011-------Adjustment of Status Interview - APPROVED!!!

11/08/2011-------Green Card Received!!

07/09/2013-------Lifting Conditions Filed

07/12/2013-------NOA received

10/01/2013-------Approval Date

10/15/2013-------Ten Year Green Card Received! Finally!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok, I called today and asked the agent. His response was that unfortunately there is no way to add additional stuff to the file until an RFE was generated and sent to me. I guess maybe whatever is to be sent in had to have an RFE number or something to track it to my case. No volunteered extra info allowed.

Kiwi had success doing it but I'm sure it's rare. I just sent our extra info (had only sent the 3 forms originally) on Feb. 24th... our fingers are crossed. I just made sure to quote our case number clearly on every page including the envelope. I'll keep everyone posted if I hear anything. :luv:

---------------------
Oct. 22 - 25/10: Met in Hawaii and fell in love!
Jan. 3/11: Together in Seattle for New Years - officially, ENGAGED got my ring and we got matching tattoos!
Jan. 8/11: Mailed K1 forms to Lockbox in Lewisville, TX
Jan. 11/11: Check cashed.
Jan. 12/11: NOA1 - Initial Review - Petition Received
Jan. 14/11: Last Touch
Jan. 17/11: Rec'd email notification with receipt number and notice that package was received and routed to Vermont for Processing. Able to logon within a day to check case.
Feb. 24/11: Mailed additional info to VSC
May 10/11: RFE email - May 12/11: RFE hard copy received
May 27/11: RFE reply received and being processed.
July 1/11: NOA2!!!
July 14/11: NVC forwards petition to Vancouver
July 21/11: Packet 3 received via email.
Aug. 7/11: Packed 3 emailed back
Aug. 8/11: Packet 4 letter received via email
Sept. 21/11: Medical - SUCCESS!!!!
Sept. 23/11: Visa Interview = SUCCESS!!!
Sept. 28/11: Visa in hand
Sept. 29/11: POE at YVR to Seattle
Oct. 23/11: Hawaii beach wedding
Jan. 12/12: 1-485 & 1-765 NOA hard copies received
Feb. 2/12: NOA - case transferred to California
Mar. 3/12: Biometrics Done!
Mar. 14/12: Work Permit card being printed (never arrived, lost in the mail)
May. 8/12: I-485 Approved - Green Card in the mail
May. 12/12: GREEN CARD!!!!!!!!!!!

Package Mailed then RFE then Interview... and finally:

Jan.21/15: 10 Year Green Card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

No you can not add to a petition. The only way is via an RFE or at the consulate .

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Kiwi had success doing it but I'm sure it's rare. I just sent our extra info (had only sent the 3 forms originally) on Feb. 24th... our fingers are crossed. I just made sure to quote our case number clearly on every page including the envelope. I'll keep everyone posted if I hear anything. :luv:

Hey all... update. We received our RFE as expected but all they requested was copy of my fiance's passport, 2 passport sized photo's of him and proof of our previous divorces. My guess is that they received all the other info I sent as they didn't ask for my passport copy or proof of relationship as it was included with the additional info I sent.

---------------------
Oct. 22 - 25/10: Met in Hawaii and fell in love!
Jan. 3/11: Together in Seattle for New Years - officially, ENGAGED got my ring and we got matching tattoos!
Jan. 8/11: Mailed K1 forms to Lockbox in Lewisville, TX
Jan. 11/11: Check cashed.
Jan. 12/11: NOA1 - Initial Review - Petition Received
Jan. 14/11: Last Touch
Jan. 17/11: Rec'd email notification with receipt number and notice that package was received and routed to Vermont for Processing. Able to logon within a day to check case.
Feb. 24/11: Mailed additional info to VSC
May 10/11: RFE email - May 12/11: RFE hard copy received
May 27/11: RFE reply received and being processed.
July 1/11: NOA2!!!
July 14/11: NVC forwards petition to Vancouver
July 21/11: Packet 3 received via email.
Aug. 7/11: Packed 3 emailed back
Aug. 8/11: Packet 4 letter received via email
Sept. 21/11: Medical - SUCCESS!!!!
Sept. 23/11: Visa Interview = SUCCESS!!!
Sept. 28/11: Visa in hand
Sept. 29/11: POE at YVR to Seattle
Oct. 23/11: Hawaii beach wedding
Jan. 12/12: 1-485 & 1-765 NOA hard copies received
Feb. 2/12: NOA - case transferred to California
Mar. 3/12: Biometrics Done!
Mar. 14/12: Work Permit card being printed (never arrived, lost in the mail)
May. 8/12: I-485 Approved - Green Card in the mail
May. 12/12: GREEN CARD!!!!!!!!!!!

Package Mailed then RFE then Interview... and finally:

Jan.21/15: 10 Year Green Card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.