Mikhail

forms to take to medical exam and interview questions

17 posts in this topic

I think someone said my wife can take the email letter the nvc sent her saying that our case has been forwarded to the consulate and that will allow her entrance to let her take the medical exam is that right? also they said along with that bring the Notice of action 2 Which one was the NOA2 again i totally forgot.

Next what forms does she take to the interview?

BESIDES birth certificate police certificate 1-864 and the ds 230 and ds230 part 2 wich is unsigned, what else does she bring?

Copied from the medical exam walkthrough sticky post above you need:

What to Bring:

- If you don’t have your appointment letter yet, you may bring a photocopy of your NOA2 letter and NVC letter showing your MNL case no.

- Valid Passport (have it photocopied as well)

- Appointment letter – Bring original and have the first 2 pages photo copied.

- 4 pcs. 2x2 photos – white background, with both ears uncovered and without earrings.

plus exam fee

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

What to Bring:

- If you don’t have your appointment letter yet, you may bring a photocopy of your NOA2 letter and NVC letter showing your MNL case no.

- 4 pcs. 2x2 photos – white background, with both ears uncovered and without earrings.

plus exam fee

the nvc letter showing the case # would be the one that says that our case is now at the nvc correct?

the nvc letter showing the case # would be the one that says that our case is now at the nvc correct?

and the NOA2 letter would be the first letter u get from the nvc saying ur case is now being processed by the nvc?

I think someone said my wife can take the email letter the nvc sent her saying that our case has been forwarded to the consulate and that will allow her entrance to let her take the medical exam is that right? also they said along with that bring the Notice of action 2 Which one was the NOA2 again i totally forgot.

Next what forms does she take to the interview?

BESIDES birth certificate police certificate 1-864 and the ds 230 and ds230 part 2 wich is unsigned, what else does she bring?

Your wife can bring either one.

The NOA2 is the I-797

Have her bring everything to the interview, if possible.

Edited by ~happyndinlove~

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Correct.

(procrastinated)
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, I have looked at different sources for what is needed and they are inconsistent (see below). Can anyone with first-hand knowledge share what is needed?

1. http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3218.html

What should I bring to my medical examination?

* Appointment letter sent by the National Visa Center or an e-mail confirmation from the Visa Information and Appoinment Service.

* Appropriate medical examination fee.

* Passport (valid for at least 6 months)

* Two colored pictures (2 inches x 2 inches) with a white background(two are for the visa and one is for the medical report). <-- Wouldn't that be 3 photos, not 2?

2. Most recent "Immigrant and K Visa Applicant Appointment Package/Instructions"

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised%20K1%20Instruction%20Packet%20_3__rtf2_001.pdf

"When you go to SLMCEC for medical examination, you must bring your passport and one photo (size: 2” x 2”)."

3. http://www.slec.ph/us-visa-applicants.shtml

REQUIRED DOCUMENTS

1. Valid passport

2. 4 pieces recent 2x2 visa photos

3. Appointment letter from the Embassy or Instruction letter from the National Visa Center (NVC), if available,

4. 2 photocopies of your Appointment Letter/ Instruction Letter

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally I thought 1 photo is needed for medical and 2 at the interview for the DS forms. Then another later for CFO and 2 once in US.

Regarding an appointment letter, I think they no longer send those. I am planning to have her bring a copy of the NVC letter with the MNL case # and the NOA2.

She doesn't have her passport back yet, so does anyone know if she can still do medical without it? We did RUSH processing on March 11 for her passport, but it could be a long wait due to this: http://dfa.gov.ph/main/index.php/public-advisory/2701-maintenance-work-equipment-upgrades-in-epassport-ongoing

Any feedback regarding what is actually needed would be helpful.

What to Bring:

plus exam fee

Guys, pardon my ignorance.

Just a question this NVC letter is an email/letter from the NVC right?

Guys, pardon my ignorance.

Just a question this NVC letter is an email/letter from the NVC right?

Yes.

(procrastinated)

Thanks Happy.

No problem.

(procrastinated)

Hi, I have looked at different sources for what is needed and they are inconsistent (see below). Can anyone with first-hand knowledge share what is needed?

1. http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3218.html

What should I bring to my medical examination?

* Appointment letter sent by the National Visa Center or an e-mail confirmation from the Visa Information and Appoinment Service.

* Appropriate medical examination fee.

* Passport (valid for at least 6 months)

* Two colored pictures (2 inches x 2 inches) with a white background(two are for the visa and one is for the medical report). <-- Wouldn't that be 3 photos, not 2?

2. Most recent "Immigrant and K Visa Applicant Appointment Package/Instructions"

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised%20K1%20Instruction%20Packet%20_3__rtf2_001.pdf

"When you go to SLMCEC for medical examination, you must bring your passport and one photo (size: 2” x 2”)."

3. http://www.slec.ph/us-visa-applicants.shtml

REQUIRED DOCUMENTS

1. Valid passport

2. 4 pieces recent 2x2 visa photos

3. Appointment letter from the Embassy or Instruction letter from the National Visa Center (NVC), if available,

4. 2 photocopies of your Appointment Letter/ Instruction Letter

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally I thought 1 photo is needed for medical and 2 at the interview for the DS forms. Then another later for CFO and 2 once in US.

Regarding an appointment letter, I think they no longer send those. I am planning to have her bring a copy of the NVC letter with the MNL case # and the NOA2.

She doesn't have her passport back yet, so does anyone know if she can still do medical without it? We did RUSH processing on March 11 for her passport, but it could be a long wait due to this: http://dfa.gov.ph/main/index.php/public-advisory/2701-maintenance-work-equipment-upgrades-in-epassport-ongoing

Any feedback regarding what is actually needed would be helpful.

Here's what you need for the medical:

1. Passport (must be good for six months).

2. Three passport photos.

3. $213.35 fee (in Php).

4. Interview appointment confirmation and/or NVC letter with MNL case number and/or NOA2.

5. Ball pen.

6. Sweater/jacket (it's cold inside St. Lukes).

7. Comfortable footwear (for walking up and down the stairs).

8. Snack (manong guard won't look in your purse).

9. No red tide.

I don't know about not having a passport because I've never seen that question come up here on VJ.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here's what you need for the medical:

1. Passport (must be good for six months).

2. Three passport photos.

3. $213.35 fee (in Php).

4. Interview appointment confirmation and/or NVC letter with MNL case number and/or NOA2.

5. Ball pen.

6. Sweater/jacket (it's cold inside St. Lukes).

7. Comfortable footwear (for walking up and down the stairs).

8. Snack (manong guard won't look in your purse).

9. No red tide.

I don't know about not having a passport because I've never seen that question come up here on VJ.

Nice list! Much appreciated. :thumbs:

This may be helpful to some people. I found a SLMCEC flowchart at the end of this page: http://www.slec.ph/us-visa-applicants.shtml

Regarding the passport, DFA said it won't be ready until April 15. :huh: Hopefully she won't need to do the medical without a passport, but trying to plan ahead just in case. I have a feeling more people may run into this situation due to the current DFA/central bank delay.

Also, if there was an annulment it is a must to bring the official reason for the annulment. My fiance purposely left it in Mindanao even though I asked her twice to bring it. She had the annulment papers just left the reason back home because she didn't want to be embarrassed about it. There are only a few reasons to get an annulment, the main reasons being bigamy and psychiatric. Either she would have to go back there or have somebody able or willing to send it. After they have it you have to pay an additional 1000 pesos to see a psychiatrist, then they will let her continue to immunizations if she passes that. Needless to say, I was a little upset she left that behind.

Edited by jimmyzr1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.