ER Team :)

Called USCIS for a consulate change request...

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

We're waiting for our NOA2...our case is in CSC. (Our I-129F, Q20 says the consulate where the visa will be applied for is Warsaw, Poland). We called the USCIS at (800) 375-5283 and requested a change of consulates for our interview from Warsaw,Poland to Dublin, Ireland.( I work and reside in Dublin) Th officer said the request should take about 2 weeks or less to process. The officer said she will put the request into the CSC and they should send a letter in the mail if the request to change consulates is approved. Since the case has not yet been transferred from the CSC to the NVC, she informed us that there is no need for us to send this request by mail or in writing. She also said that our case should be transferred to the NVC for the 2nd stage within 2 or 3 weeks....

My question: Does that mean we can expect approval? Or that we can expect an answer within 2-3 weeks? What happens to the cases when CSC denies them, do they go to NVC as well?... I'm just revising all that and trying to think what does all that mean... Does anyone know how to read between the lines of what those officers say? :) Any miracle workers here? :)

Edited by ER Team :)

I'm starting to wonder about the 'disinformation line'.

A person in the January filers group mentioned calling regarding some extra information and being told they should get an NOA within 35 days.

Both what they were told, and what you were told, strikes me as someone on the phone just making up numbers.

Then again, I guess if these were /real/ I'd be quite surprised.

kitsig.jpg

K-1 Visa/ AOS Timeline:
(Detailed info on our timeline can be found here: About us)

ROC Timeline:

02/10/2014 - ROC Sent.

02/12/2014 - NOA1 Date.

03/11/2014 - Biometrics Date.

05/28/2014 - Card Production.

Timeline

I'm starting to wonder about the 'disinformation line'.

A person in the January filers group mentioned calling regarding some extra information and being told they should get an NOA within 35 days.

Both what they were told, and what you were told, strikes me as someone on the phone just making up numbers.

Then again, I guess if these were /real/ I'd be quite surprised.

That's what I'm thinking...probably just some USCIS employees trying to get us off their backs for few weeks... oh well... Unless they are planning to start working with some extra speed...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

[quote name=ER Team :)' timestamp='1299592827' post='4526451]

We're waiting for our NOA2...our case is in CSC. (Our I-129F, Q20 says the consulate where the visa will be applied for is Warsaw, Poland). We called the USCIS at (800) 375-5283 and requested a change of consulates for our interview from Warsaw,Poland to Dublin, Ireland.( I work and reside in Dublin) Th officer said the request should take about 2 weeks or less to process. The officer said she will put the request into the CSC and they should send a letter in the mail if the request to change consulates is approved. Since the case has not yet been transferred from the CSC to the NVC, she informed us that there is no need for us to send this request by mail or in writing. She also said that our case should be transferred to the NVC for the 2nd stage within 2 or 3 weeks....

My question: Does that mean we can expect approval? Or that we can expect an answer within 2-3 weeks? What happens to the cases when CSC denies them, do they go to NVC as well?... I'm just revising all that and trying to think what does all that mean... Does anyone know how to read between the lines of what those officers say? :) Any miracle workers here? :)

Well, I'm no miracle worker, but this is what I think.....When I put in a service request, 2 weeks later I was approved. Because they are putting in a request for change of consulate for you, this is forcing them to pick up your file and while they are making the changes they will probably go ahead and make a decision regarding your petition. So the officer may be right about the 2-3 weeks thing.

02iqn7wnr.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

huh. think that'd work for a change of address too? i was just debating whether I should keep my parents address on my application or submit the online request to change address thing to change it to my new apartment... if it means i'd be adjudicated in 2-3 weeks, im going for it! haha.

POE: 5/17/2011

Wedding: 5/21/2011

AOS Mailed: 6/17/2011

NOA1 6/27/2011

RFE 7/13/2011

EAD approved 8/22/2011 :)

AOS Approved 9/14/2011 :) :) :)

USCIS Free till 2013!!!!!!!!! :)

Timeline

Well, I'm no miracle worker, but this is what I think.....When I put in a service request, 2 weeks later I was approved. Because they are putting in a request for change of consulate for you, this is forcing them to pick up your file and while they are making the changes they will probably go ahead and make a decision regarding your petition. So the officer may be right about the 2-3 weeks thing.

Well, wouldn't that be great :) Well I will try not to get my hopes up too much, but I will keep on secretly thinking that you actually might be right! :) Thanks!

huh. think that'd work for a change of address too? i was just debating whether I should keep my parents address on my application or submit the online request to change address thing to change it to my new apartment... if it means i'd be adjudicated in 2-3 weeks, im going for it! haha.

I wouldn't bet much on it! But hey, who knows? Maybe it will speed our petitions up a bit! Gota have hope! Cheers!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

:) [quote name=ER Team :)' timestamp='1299659666' post='4528629]

I wouldn't bet much on it! But hey, who knows? Maybe it will speed our petitions up a bit! Gota have hope! Cheers!

I called and changed my address, I'll let you guys know how it goes... and I'll keep an eye on your timeline to see if yours goes well :)

POE: 5/17/2011

Wedding: 5/21/2011

AOS Mailed: 6/17/2011

NOA1 6/27/2011

RFE 7/13/2011

EAD approved 8/22/2011 :)

AOS Approved 9/14/2011 :) :) :)

USCIS Free till 2013!!!!!!!!! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ha, I never thought about it but both my fiance and I had our addresses changed in the middle of December which is apparently when our RFE was first processed (we didn't receive it, requested another copy be mailed - it was dated Jan 5). We also received written confirmation that our addresses had been updated.

In any case, mail from the consulate sent to me in the middle of February was still sent to my old address - I paid for forwarding services when I moved back in November... what more can I do people?!

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.