BLamb

DS-260 Form as of March 1st 2011

224 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks for that update. I have to admit, for all of us actually taking the time and doing this the RIGHT way, they sure make it difficult for us.

I think I'm going to stay with Plan A and book a trip still for my Fiance in Mexico and have her go do the Medical Exam and once she receives the Exam take it to the consulate between the hours they listed and see what happens.

The guy I talked to on the phone told me the same thing, that I didn't need an appointment. But the letter they sent me says otherwise. Hence the confusion I shared with the rest of you :)

Yeah, good plan! Lets pretend we didn't see that letter and see what happens... :) !!!

I-129F

NOA1- August 23,2010

NOA2- January 24, 2011 (NOA1-NOA2: 154 days)

NVC Receive- January 31, 2011

NVC Sent- February 1, 2011

Consulate Receive- February 3, 2011

Consulate Sent Packet 3- March 10, 2011 (CDJ Receive-Packet 3 sent: 35 days)

Receive Packet 3 in U.S.- March 21, 2011

ASC Appointment- March 23, 2011

Interview- March 24, 2011

Crossed into the U.S.- April 7, 2011

A.O.S.

I-485 in the mail- June 14, 2011

I-485 received at Chicago Lockbox- June 16, 2011

NOA1- June 17, 2011

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

It looks like you WILL need to go to ASC for biometrics if you go to your visa interview after April 1 (typical they decide on April FOOLs day)

If you get there before April you don't need it!

I have been looking for info on this over at the Cd Juarez forums & they are all confused by it as well. It appears the ASC apt is in the old consulate building & they have you pay online before going to Juarez (so you would not be carrying the $350 cash around town) They will take fingerprints & photos, so I assume you will not need to bring photos to Juarez as was required for your visa. You also tell them what DHL should take delivery of your visa...so I guess if you will wait in Juarez for your visa, then you just pick CDJ.

I did notice the ASC center is open on Saturday as well, so that might help in getting it all done. I am mostly concerned with the actual visa interview, and whether it will still be an open apt, or if they are going to begin a scheduling process for fiancee visas after all this time (that would suck)

From what I see if you can get to Juarez before April you are going by old process, if you go after...then you add a step (tho by the looks of it it may only add a day)

Folks over at the CDJ forum said the new website was down for days, so it is really a new thing & not very well designed.

lets keep researching this everyone & keep eachother informed!

Kim

still waiting for the NOA2 (Oct 4 filing date...so any day now!!!)

Timeline

[quote name=Matt :)' timestamp='1299609309' post='4526973]

I think you can schedule appt at ANY ASC office, not just Juarez one, so you can do it nearby, then later go to Juarez for medical & interview.

This might help explain everything on page one everyone........ Thanks

http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/root/pdfs/pk1iv.pdf

pk1iv.pdf

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

OK, now I am confused and freaking out! I got this email today from my Congressman's office that he received from the Consulate in Juarez:

According to our records, our office has receive this case from the National Visa Center and a letter with instructions was sent today by mail to the petitioner. The beneficiary must go to http://mexico.usvisa-info.com and follow the instructions to log in and schedule both an Applicant Service Center(ASC)appointment and a Consular interview. If he does not go to the ASC prior to the interview at the Consular section, his case may experience significant processing delays. He must Complete form DS-260 at: www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov and print the confirmation letter. He can also obtain information about Immigrant Visa Services at that website.

The link for the DS-260 does not work, our case number starts with CDJ, not MEP like the link says. Of coarse I get this email after hours so I cannot call anyone. I called NVC and they didn't have any information for me. I don't know what to do next, we are packed and ready to go, but now not sure what we are supposed to do. Any help, suggestions, PLEASE!

Timeline

I received my letter from the Consulate in Juarez today. Apparently as of March 1st, 2011 you must complete a DS-260 and schedule appointment at http://mexico.usvisa-info.com. Please see my attached letter for all those going to similar consulate. Thanks :)

OK, I am freaking out a bit. At the top of your letter it says he has an open appointment date, but in the letter it says to schedule an appointment at ASC AND an appointment at the consulate. Am I missing something? Which is it? Also, can I ask if your case number started with CDJ or MEP? Mine starts with CDJ, but they say we need the DS260 anyway. When I go to the website, I cannot even click the DS-260 form. Help! :help:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

OK, I am freaking out a bit. At the top of your letter it says he has an open appointment date, but in the letter it says to schedule an appointment at ASC AND an appointment at the consulate. Am I missing something? Which is it? Also, can I ask if your case number started with CDJ or MEP? Mine starts with CDJ, but they say we need the DS260 anyway. When I go to the website, I cannot even click the DS-260 form. Help! :help:

(Why does your profile say Canada and not Mexico?! That threw me off at first! Jeje!)

I don't blame you for freaking out a bit, they're making this really difficult to understand!!!

So when I called CJ TODAY this rep said that the new system will be in place soon but isn't quite in place, yet. He said for those of us getting our packet 3's in the near future to call them right before we go to see what procedure they are using at that time. My theory is that they are getting ready for everything by sending out those letters and working on the website but the final steps haven't been taken so it's not yet up and running. It's very confusing and to me it shows a severe lack of communication between the departments. Let alone with us!

If I were in your shoes, packed and ready to go (wish I was!) I would just go as planned and I bet you will just squeeze in with the last of the old system. If you wait a bit you may have more steps added. I'd call them at this number tomorrow and just TELL them you're on your way. (703)439-2313

That's what I'd do.

I-129F

NOA1- August 23,2010

NOA2- January 24, 2011 (NOA1-NOA2: 154 days)

NVC Receive- January 31, 2011

NVC Sent- February 1, 2011

Consulate Receive- February 3, 2011

Consulate Sent Packet 3- March 10, 2011 (CDJ Receive-Packet 3 sent: 35 days)

Receive Packet 3 in U.S.- March 21, 2011

ASC Appointment- March 23, 2011

Interview- March 24, 2011

Crossed into the U.S.- April 7, 2011

A.O.S.

I-485 in the mail- June 14, 2011

I-485 received at Chicago Lockbox- June 16, 2011

NOA1- June 17, 2011

event.png

Timeline

(Why does your profile say Canada and not Mexico?! That threw me off at first! Jeje!)

I don't blame you for freaking out a bit, they're making this really difficult to understand!!!

So when I called CJ TODAY this rep said that the new system will be in place soon but isn't quite in place, yet. He said for those of us getting our packet 3's in the near future to call them right before we go to see what procedure they are using at that time. My theory is that they are getting ready for everything by sending out those letters and working on the website but the final steps haven't been taken so it's not yet up and running. It's very confusing and to me it shows a severe lack of communication between the departments. Let alone with us!

If I were in your shoes, packed and ready to go (wish I was!) I would just go as planned and I bet you will just squeeze in with the last of the old system. If you wait a bit you may have more steps added. I'd call them at this number tomorrow and just TELL them you're on your way. (703)439-2313

That's what I'd do.

Thank you so much! Sigh...maybe I can sleep tonight now. Yes, My fiance is a Canadian but has been living in Mexico and has residency, so we get to go to Juarez (which is great as Canada takes even longer!!) I will call them first thing. I just want all our ducks quacking in one row when we get to Juarez, especially as we will have everything with us, including the kid and the family dog!!

My application should be reaching the Juarez consulate anytime now. I will keep all of you up-to-date. Lets keep posting here to have the latest information.

The best course of action for now would definitely be to directly call the consulate for updates and see what they say. Even if we end up in the new system it may not be that bad. There will probably be one more step (ASC), but it seems like some things may be better organized. I also do not think setting an appointment is all of a sudden going to drastically delay visa interviews. It may not be as quick as before, but it shouldn't be anything to extreme.

9/9/10: I-129F Sent

9/15/10: Received NOA1 via text/email from USCIS

9/16/10: Received NOA1 in mail (dated 9/13/10)

9/20/10: Touched!

10/03/10: Touched to the dusty shelves!

2/28/11: NOA2 finally

3/04/11: Arrived at NVC

3/08/11: Left NVC and arrived at CDJ consulate

4/04/11: Packet 3 sent

4/13/11: Packet 3 received!

4/18/11: Medical Exam

4/19/11: ASC

4/20/11: Interview (Approved!)

4/29/11: K-1 Visa in hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4/30/11: Entered USA

Timeline

Yes my Case Number begins with CDJ too. There is still an Open Appointment at the Juarez Consulate for Interviews for K-1 Fiance VISA's.

The ASC appointment is for fingerprinting and taking your picture. This must be scheduled thru the website listed in this forum.

:)

Yes my Case Number begins with CDJ too. There is still an Open Appointment at the Juarez Consulate for Interviews for K-1 Fiance VISA's.

The ASC appointment is for fingerprinting and taking your picture. This must be scheduled thru the website listed in this forum.

:)

Where did you find this out? Will this still be so after April 1, 2011?

Timeline

Where did you find this out? Will this still be so after April 1, 2011?

I am not sure what will happen after April. I only know what the Consulate told me when I called a couple days ago.

Also, if you go to http://mexico.usvisa-info.com/ and log in you can read all the current information. :)

Below I have copy and pasted what I read from the website. Hope this helps :)

Visa information for Immigrant Consulate Has Asked You to Schedule - Fiance of US Citizen at the Ciudad Juarez Consulate can be found below.

General Visa Information

Based on your selection, it appears that the applicant has been asked by the Consular Section to schedule an appointment for the immigrant visa consular interview at the U.S. Consulate General in Ciudad Juarez.

Each applicant is required to appear in person at the Applicant Service Center (ASC) prior to the consular interview. Please continue below and complete the process to schedule an appointment at an Applicant Service Center (ASC), and at the Consular Section. Please note that the applicant does not have to go to the ASC in the city where the immigrant visa interview will take place; the applicant can visit the ASC closest to home prior to traveling to the interview with the Consular Section.

If action is not taken on the application within one year, it will be assumed that it was abandoned and will be terminated.

Please do not schedule an appointment for an interview unless the applicant has been informed by the Consular Section that an interview has been authorized. If the applicant is not sure whether an interview has been authorized, please use the Contact Us option at the top of this Web page to submit an inquiry. The inquiry must include a valid email address and phone number, along with the case number and the applicant's full name. If there are multiple members of the family, you must include the case number for each applicant.

Now that makes it seem that the interview must be scheduled and is not an open interview.

Timeline

Now that makes it seem that the interview must be scheduled and is not an open interview.

If your unsure I would call them and provide your Case number and name. They can tell you exactly what your case requires.

Here is the number in Juarez I called for questions regarding my Case: 011 52 656 212 1016 When calling from US to Mexico

C Maria listed this number: (703)439-2313 What is this?

On their consulate website they have this number: (656) 227-3000

Where did you get your number? What's the difference between these? Thanks again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.