BLamb

DS-260 Form as of March 1st 2011

224 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I received my letter from the Consulate in Juarez today. Apparently as of March 1st, 2011 you must complete a DS-260 and schedule appointment at http://mexico.usvisa-info.com. Please see my attached letter for all those going to similar consulate. Thanks :)

post-101315-0-47289800-1299370483_thumb.jpg

Timeline

Yes, thank you! (and good luck :)

12/30/10 - Engaged

02/09/11 - I-129F mailed

02/17/11 - NOA1

05/18/11 - NOA2

05/??/11 - NVC received petition

06/03/11 - NVC forwarded petition to Ciudad Juarez Consulate

06/??/11 - Consulate received petition

06/14/11 - Consulate sent out packet

Timeline

Thanks for posting this. Did you receive this letter via email or snail mail??? How long did it take you to receive this after your American fiance got their NOA2? My fiance lives in Oaxaca and he says the mail is very bad there. I'm afraid he may never get a letter like this in the mail if that is the next step. What happened for you??

Timeline

OMG

this is terrible.....

it can take months to get an appointment at Juarez!

The only good thing about this consulate was that you can go without an appointment for fiancee visas.

People wait for up to 8 months for appointments...

I am serously depressed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will go cry now,

Timeline

it can take months to get an appointment at Juarez!

People wait for up to 8 months for appointments...

I am serously depressed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will go cry now,

Say it ain't so? 8 months for a visa appointment??

12/30/10 - Engaged

02/09/11 - I-129F mailed

02/17/11 - NOA1

05/18/11 - NOA2

Timeline

Say it ain't so? 8 months for a visa appointment??

I do not know but am freaking out because we never needed a ASC appt before. If we need to actually make an appointment now for fiancee rather than open apt. as it has always been then we are looking at months since spouse visa apt. take months to get.

I have been struggling to find out what is up since all apts. after April 1 will require this extra ASC biometric apt in Juarez.

If anyone knows whether the OPEN apt will continue to be the norm after April 1 2011 please tell us!

I will post if I can find out anything!

In the meantime...everyone please hunt for info on this new requirement!

Timeline

I can share what (very little) I know so far:

1) This extra biometrics step was added for tourist visas too. I read about that probably 4-6 weeks ago, but I didn't even think about if it would affect fiancé visas as well. Just an FYI I guess because it's not really helpful for people in our situation.

2) Do NOT use google chrome for this website: http://mexico.usvisa-info.com. Firefox works much better.

12/30/10 - Engaged

02/09/11 - I-129F mailed

02/17/11 - NOA1

05/18/11 - NOA2

Timeline

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I am as stressed as you. The attachment letter that I put in this forum was actually sent to ME in the states not my Fiance in Mexico. I called Juarez and told them that my Fiance in Mexico still had not received her packet. Two days letter I received a copy of the letter to her at my house in the states. Probably because I called.

I haven't scheduled a appointment yet and am not sure if this extra ASC appointment can be done at Juarez or other consulates throughout Mexico.. Hopefully that will be answered soon.

In the meantime, here is the number in Juarez I called for questions regarding my Case: 011 52 656 212 1016

Timeline

I have been searching for info on this subject, it looks like they have an ASC office in the old consulate in Juarez, I believe it will add a day to the process in Juarez, crud! More money spent on a hotel room in Juarez...can they keep us any longer in that darn city??? As if it is not stressful enough to go there with all the violence! (Ok, done with the whining)We are looking at like 10 days there since we have kids that need to do the 72 hour TB testing...talk about stressful.

My biggest worry is trying to get an apt that fits with flights etc...also I hope it is easy to get apt's & also I hope they leave the fiancee visa interview as an open apt walk-in type thing or else it could literally add months to the process!

waaaaa-cry-cry

So if anyone knows if they are going to leave the K1 as open walk-in apt it would be awesome to have that info...

Kim :crying:

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I am as stressed as you. The attachment letter that I put in this forum was actually sent to ME in the states not my Fiance in Mexico. I called Juarez and told them that my Fiance in Mexico still had not received her packet. Two days letter I received a copy of the letter to her at my house in the states. Probably because I called.

I haven't scheduled a appointment yet and am not sure if this extra ASC appointment can be done at Juarez or other consulates throughout Mexico.. Hopefully that will be answered soon.

In the meantime, here is the number in Juarez I called for questions regarding my Case: 011 52 656 212 1016

you fiancee may never recieve her packet due to the mail system in Mexico, but I believe you can bring her your copy & travel with her to Juarez (that is what our plan is)

Timeline

FYI:

Everyone, the DS-260 may NOT apply to YOU, I emailed my lawyer and they wrote:

"I read the Ciudad Juarez letter and think this does not apply to ******'s case. Please see below the explanation about DS260 that you can find on the US State Dept. web site:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_5164.html

Based on the explanation there, it applies only when

1) the visa fee is requested by the NVC, and

2) the NVC case number starts with "MEP."

****** doesn't pay the fee through the NVC, she pays to the consulate directly. Her case number starts with "CDJ" instead of "MEP." I tried logging in CEAC website but it doesn't let you unless you have the NVC Invoice number."

Yall may still have to schedule ASC but just wanted to let yall know you may not need form DS-260, its best to wait till you get your own letter. I will let you know what we end up having to do.

Timeline

[quote name=Matt :)' timestamp='1299531222' post='4524867]

FYI:

Everyone, the DS-260 may NOT apply to YOU, I emailed my lawyer and they wrote:

"I read the Ciudad Juarez letter and think this does not apply to ******'s case. Please see below the explanation about DS260 that you can find on the US State Dept. web site:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_5164.html

Based on the explanation there, it applies only when

1) the visa fee is requested by the NVC, and

2) the NVC case number starts with "MEP."

****** doesn't pay the fee through the NVC, she pays to the consulate directly. Her case number starts with "CDJ" instead of "MEP." I tried logging in CEAC website but it doesn't let you unless you have the NVC Invoice number."

Yall may still have to schedule ASC but just wanted to let yall know you may not need form DS-260, its best to wait till you get your own letter. I will let you know what we end up having to do.

Thanks Matt for the update.. Looks like we are all in the same boat. My Fiance case number also starts with CDJ.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey guys, what's going on here?!! I am thoroughly confused, now. Being a single mom to this (beautiful but difficult!) newborn baby is taking up all my time and energy, I feel really overwhelmed as I sit here trying to figure out these new instructions. I want to throw up my hands and say "why now?! why me?!" but I know by now that doesn't do any good against this elusive system... Up until today I was SO SURE that our family would finally be reunited FOR REALS this time in the next couple weeks after so many false hopes in the last 8 months since we began this process.

I 'm trying real hard not to jump to any conclusions, yet, but I do know that we can't live like this much longer so I'm desperate to know if it's true that there is another step in this process that will keep us apart for many more months. If so our family needs to reevaluate our plan. I know you all need to be with your loved ones, too!!!! Ridiculous. I feel like this process is so unnecessarily unfair it just seems like it can't be real. (I keep waiting for Ashton Kutcher to jump out and say "surprise, you've been punk'd! :P Ha, ha sorry!)

But really WHAT'S GOING ON HERE???! Everyone out there, fellow journiers, fellow lonely, angry, sad, frustrated halves separated from our life partners by the most powerful unnatural force in the world- the american government... fellows I need your help right now. I've been trying to keep my chin up and my head together but I can't figure this out alone this time!

I think we're next in line out of our little group to get our packet 3. We were counting on sending Robe to CDJ window for a copy of the letter as soon as we get the word that I've been calling in hopes to hear every day for weeks. And then going the next day to the medical, next day to the interview- paying inside instead of BanaMex, waiting the 3-10 days for DHL to receive the papers and then crossing the damn border! But not anymore...

So PLEASE help me figure out what is going to happen, now! Do yall think it's worth it to wait the extra couple weeks to receive the actual hard copy of the letter? I'm tempted to send Robe up there anyways to play dumb and see if he can squeeze through... or maybe is this just a miscommunication and everything is the same? Why am I too stupid to figure this out????!!!

Help!!!

AAAAhhhh!

Thank you. -Charisse, Robe, Rosemary

I-129F

NOA1- August 23,2010

NOA2- January 24, 2011 (NOA1-NOA2: 154 days)

NVC Receive- January 31, 2011

NVC Sent- February 1, 2011

Consulate Receive- February 3, 2011

Consulate Sent Packet 3- March 10, 2011 (CDJ Receive-Packet 3 sent: 35 days)

Receive Packet 3 in U.S.- March 21, 2011

ASC Appointment- March 23, 2011

Interview- March 24, 2011

Crossed into the U.S.- April 7, 2011

A.O.S.

I-485 in the mail- June 14, 2011

I-485 received at Chicago Lockbox- June 16, 2011

NOA1- June 17, 2011

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

So I just got off the phone with a rep at CDJ for my second daily call asking about my packet 3. Still nothing but ANYWHO I asked him about the ASC appointment and he said that it "DID NOT apply to K visas at this time"! He said for other visas such as work visas it had changed and is required but I made him repeat over and over that my process would "remain the same as before" with an open appointment that we can go to as soon as the letter has been sent out and no additional appointments necessary.

So thats what he said... and I'll believe it until I hear otherwise.

I-129F

NOA1- August 23,2010

NOA2- January 24, 2011 (NOA1-NOA2: 154 days)

NVC Receive- January 31, 2011

NVC Sent- February 1, 2011

Consulate Receive- February 3, 2011

Consulate Sent Packet 3- March 10, 2011 (CDJ Receive-Packet 3 sent: 35 days)

Receive Packet 3 in U.S.- March 21, 2011

ASC Appointment- March 23, 2011

Interview- March 24, 2011

Crossed into the U.S.- April 7, 2011

A.O.S.

I-485 in the mail- June 14, 2011

I-485 received at Chicago Lockbox- June 16, 2011

NOA1- June 17, 2011

event.png

Timeline

Thanks for that update. I have to admit, for all of us actually taking the time and doing this the RIGHT way, they sure make it difficult for us.

I think I'm going to stay with Plan A and book a trip still for my Fiance in Mexico and have her go do the Medical Exam and once she receives the Exam take it to the consulate between the hours they listed and see what happens.

The guy I talked to on the phone told me the same thing, that I didn't need an appointment. But the letter they sent me says otherwise. Hence the confusion I shared with the rest of you :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.