ManilatoSeattle

K-1 Fiance December filer

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi I am new here. I just need a different opinion regarding my situation.

I met my boyfriend a US citizen in 2003 here in the Philippines. It happened so fast and we decided to live-in together since then. We have 2 kids together 5 and 6 years old. We happily lived in the Philippines. Then in 2009 we started on applying our kids a US Passport at the Philippine US embassy, my kids and my boyfriend had to undergo thru DNA test since we are not married yet. ( he is currently waiting for his divorce paper from his previous wife.) Anyway, my kids got approved and got their US passport in 3 months. In early 2010 my Boyfriend got a job offer in the states and we decided that we want to move in the states for good :thumbs: .

March 2010 - I apply for a B1/B2 tourist Visa and got approved.

May 2010 - We flew to US for his job Interview. ( lived the kids in the Philippines) He did it!!!! He got the job. Then I flew back to the Philippines to take care of things and packed everything.

June 2010 - Me and the kids flew to US ( with my B1/B2 visa). I'm allowed to stay for 6months.

Nov 1, 2010 - I flew back to Manila by myself. I left my kids with my in-laws. (Hoping to go back in a week)

Nov 8, 2010 - Flew again Manila-Seattle. I was hold by an immigration officer and told me that I cannot enter US using my tourist Visa since it looks like I'm going to live there for good. The officer asked me that I should get marry already and I told them that me and my BF can't get married yet because we are still waiting for the divorce paper. Anyway it so awful that I had to fly back on the same day while my kids are waiting at the airport for me :( . THAT IS THE MOST SADDEST FEELING I HAVE EVER FELT and SO ARE MY KIDS :crying: .... The officer told me that I should go back with the right Visa.

Nov 9, 2010 - my BF got the divorce paper from his EX-wife thru email.

Nov 26, 2010 - my BF filed the I-129F petition.

Dec 1, 2010 - NOA1

I know we are not in the full 5 months processing yet. But I really do miss my kids and I am just wondering what can we do while waiting??

I would appreciate any opinion here..

Thanks

"Great thing happens for those who waits"

First thing I offer you to do is join the group of december filers here at: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/287508-december-filers/page__st__585.

Secondly, bless your sweet heart!!! I'm so sorry you have to go through this but I can tell you, this is not the first time we've heard of something like this. The immigration laws are strict and can be confusing if you don't know them. Had you found this site before you did the bouncing around you probably would not have left the states for fear of being stopped at customs.

I was searching my brain to see if maybe there were some opportunity for expedite, but I don't think that having children together will help speed things up. It will help solidify your bona fides...but other than that? :(

The good news is you are more than half way there to NOA2 (we hope).

Come join the group. We will try our best to keep you sane while you wait.

xo

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi I am new here. I just need a different opinion regarding my situation.

Nov 26, 2010 - my BF filed the I-129F petition.

Dec 1, 2010 - NOA1

I know we are not in the full 5 months processing yet. But I really do miss my kids and I am just wondering what can we do while waiting??

I would appreciate any opinion here..

Thanks

Wow Another Dec 2010 K1 Filer!!! Yes, come join us in the Thread!!!! (Dizzylox already gave you the link in her post):star:

My heart went out to you when you said you had to return to the PI the same day and the kids were waiting for you at the gate. You're very strong woman for being able to handle that.

When you join the thread, look for the Thread Map on the page 40, post #598. There is so much information to help you through this waiting time. We have a very friendly group!

Can't wait to see you on the Thread,

Mari

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow Another Dec 2010 K1 Filer!!! Yes, come join us in the Thread!!!! (Dizzylox already gave you the link in her post):star:

My heart went out to you when you said you had to return to the PI the same day and the kids were waiting for you at the gate. You're very strong woman for being able to handle that.

When you join the thread, look for the Thread Map on the page 40, post #598. There is so much information to help you through this waiting time. We have a very friendly group!

Can't wait to see you on the Thread,

Mari

Thank you so much for support! Glad I joined here.

"Great thing happens for those who waits"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.