kels1787

I-129F packet last few questions

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

I just want to be 100% sure, when it asks for a copy of the U.S. citizen birth certificate, does that mean a photo copy from a copy machine or an originally copy requested from the register of deeds?

Also, I see many people have mentioned to be sure it is the "long version" of the birth certificate. How do I know if it is the long version? Mine is about half the size of a regular piece of paper and is from the Dane County, Wisconsin register of deeds. It includes my name, gender, date of birth, file number, date filed, county of birth, date issued, maiden name of mother and name of father.

Lastly, has anyone included a cover page or sort of table of contents for the section of the packet with proof of having met in person within the last five years? Is it a good idea to make a cover page listing the contents of that part, in addition to the main cover letter, which lists the contents more broadly?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

GM,

You will need to make a copy of your original birth certificate FRONT and BACK....in Florida we no longer have the half version B/C (wish we did), but now their 8x11 (long version). So you might want to call your local Vital Statistic office to find out if they ae now offering the long version B/C instead of half.

Second, I included an extra letter explaining the the days we were together (within the last TWO years), to give insight of what they are looking at in our photos. So it won't help if you have something extra, but just not too long.

Good Luck! :thumbs:

[color="#4B0082"]K-1 Visa (Long Awaited) Journey:

01-07-2009- Met thru a friend online

05-25-2010- Our first meeting in Dakar, Senegal

06-01-2010- Proposal...

10-01-2010- Sent I-129f to TX

10-06-2010- Text & Email K-1 Rec'd by Texas Office (forward K-1 to VSC)

10-08-2010- BOA check cleared

10-12-2010- Rec'd NOA 1 (hardcopy) by Postal Service

10-14-2010- "Touched"

03-07-2011- 5 month mark/called USCIS for SRMT/told to callback 30 days later

03-07-2011- Emailed Senator Nelson

03-15-2011- Rec'd email from Senator/Release of Record Request

03-28-2011- Letter from Senator to give them 30-45 days to find out something

04-06-2011- 30 days expired/was told to give 25 more days

04-12-2011- Put in an Expedite Request "ONPT"

04-14-2011- Rec'd Email Notice of APPROVAL NOA2

04-25-2011- NVC rec'd case, NEW Case number given

04-26-2011- Senator sends me a letter "They found I am APPROVED" (no kidding)

04-28-2011- Package left the NVC heading to Dakar, Senegal

05-02-2011- Package Rec'd at Consulate

05-03-2011- Set Medical Exam and Interview Dates

05-09-2011- Medical Exam Completed and picked up

05-12-2011- INTERVIEW!

e’Rica & Toney

event.png

I just want to be 100% sure, when it asks for a copy of the U.S. citizen birth certificate, does that mean a photo copy from a copy machine or an originally copy requested from the register of deeds?

Also, I see many people have mentioned to be sure it is the "long version" of the birth certificate. How do I know if it is the long version? Mine is about half the size of a regular piece of paper and is from the Dane County, Wisconsin register of deeds. It includes my name, gender, date of birth, file number, date filed, county of birth, date issued, maiden name of mother and name of father.

Lastly, has anyone included a cover page or sort of table of contents for the section of the packet with proof of having met in person within the last five years? Is it a good idea to make a cover page listing the contents of that part, in addition to the main cover letter, which lists the contents more broadly?

A photocopy of the front and back of the birth certificate is fine. Yours sounds exactly like the one my fiance included in our packet.

The main cover letter is fine. However, you have to include proof of having met in the last TWO years. Not the last five. Very important detail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

ah yes, my bad. I know it is proof of meeting in the last TWO years (FIVE was a typo).

sounds promising that you sent a birth certificate like the one I have.

Does anyone think I should include copies of all my passport pages just to be safe (as the alternate way of showing US citizenship)?

Does anyone think I should include copies of all my passport pages just to be safe (as the alternate way of showing US citizenship)?

Yes.

If nothing else, it couldn't hurt. I sent my birth certificate + all pages of my passport, in color, to prove citizenship while also showing entry/exit stamps from my fiancee's home country. Takes care of both issues.

ah yes, my bad. I know it is proof of meeting in the last TWO years (FIVE was a typo).

sounds promising that you sent a birth certificate like the one I have.

Absolutely a good idea. Not necessary, but easy to do and can't hurt.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.