Egyptianman

why the Embassy in Cairo still closed?

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good evening everybody,

I hope the embassy opens soon, I heard April 3rd, but of course that is a rumor.

I do know from their website, some services are being performed, but not visa related, and by appointment only.

I emailed the embassy a bit ago and asking about notary services early May IF they are still closed.

If I hear anything from them, I will share any information they provide me.

We are hoping to marry while Im there, I've postponed my trip 2 times now, due to work issues, and then the uprising there. After a 15 month relationship, we are ready to marry.

I don't know you at all, but if I were you, I'd be coming home ASAP. Pretty soon the airlines will not even think of allowing you on a plane more than 32 weeks pregnant. You are pushing serious risks. Your husband could face months' long AP and DOS will not care a thing about your pregnancy to speed things along. You don't know what type of hits could come back on his name check.

I know nothing about medical care in Egypt, don't know if there's an international protocol for an epidural, but you couldn't pay me to have a baby anywhere else. Just my two cents.

Good luck, and God bless you and your little one.

hi staashi, are you sure that 32 weeks is law in egypt? I was told 36 weeks. As for Ap and all that is potential for everyone here. i seriously doubt the Ap would cost us near as much time as filing back in the states and my husband arriving to find his son walking and talking(just my 2 cents) and as for my husbands name check i am sure it will be fine. My husband is respected lawyer and his family here is also respected. I have complete faith in Allah!

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Well, I have faith in God too, but virtually none in DOS. He can be highly respected and still have a name hit. Egyptian AP can range from 1 week to 1 year. It is all in the luck of the draw.

Also, it isn't Egypt that sets pregnancy travel, it is your airline. You will need to check with them. International travel is tough for pregnant women because of the higher propensity for blood clots. You might even need to get heparin (i think that's the name) injections - my doctor wanted to give me those when I was traveling at 34 weeks...and that was for a 1 hour flight.

Look into it. Good luck.

Well, I have faith in God too, but virtually none in DOS. He can be highly respected and still have a name hit. Egyptian AP can range from 1 week to 1 year. It is all in the luck of the draw.

Also, it isn't Egypt that sets pregnancy travel, it is your airline. You will need to check with them. International travel is tough for pregnant women because of the higher propensity for blood clots. You might even need to get heparin (i think that's the name) injections - my doctor wanted to give me those when I was traveling at 34 weeks...and that was for a 1 hour flight.

Look into it. Good luck.

thanks for the heads up on the heparin, i will talk to my doctor about any medications i may need. I have checked and international flight cut offs is mostly at 35 weeks but may vary by airline. I am planning on going back if i am not able to get appt that soon and it dont look like i will but i feel i have to try and wait and see what the embassy says when or "if" they open. Besides i hate the ideal of being separated from him yet :(

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

thanks for the heads up on the heparin, i will talk to my doctor about any medications i may need. I have checked and international flight cut offs is mostly at 35 weeks but may vary by airline. I am planning on going back if i am not able to get appt that soon and it dont look like i will but i feel i have to try and wait and see what the embassy says when or "if" they open. Besides i hate the ideal of being separated from him yet :(

Giving birth in another country is a scary thought. My daughter had unforseen medical issues when she was born that no one could have predicted- if she'd been born in Morocco there's a good chance she wouldn't be alive right now. Just something to chew on if you're thinking of staying.

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Giving birth in another country is a scary thought. My daughter had unforseen medical issues when she was born that no one could have predicted- if she'd been born in Morocco there's a good chance she wouldn't be alive right now. Just something to chew on if you're thinking of staying.

WORD. I love my husband's country - Argentina has outstanding doctors. My concern is with facilities. My son needed an emergency csection because he had gone into fetal distress during labor. Poor thing had the cord wrapped around his neck 3 times. Praise God, he had no oxygen loss to his tissues, but he still needed to spend 5 days in a neonatal ICU. I'm sure that there are NICUs in his province, but you just never know what an outcome will be.

No one wants to be without their spouse or significant other when they are in labor. But, you could not pay me to have a baby in a 3rd world country. I had the most uneventful pregnancy and the crappiest of labor and deliveries. I think the thing that I would want most are doctors and nurses who speak English. I speak fluent Spanish, but there is something about taking crucial directions from people whose tongue is different from my own when I'm half-dazed/half-crazed.

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

If you know anything about the American medical field (which I do, because I am an ICU nurse at a level I trauma center) you would understand that basically no other country has care like our own. When foreign doctors come to the USA they have to almost start from scratch to get their medical license here. What does that tell you? My husband's friend was a doctor in Egypt and has been here for almost 4 years and just finally finished getting his requirements done to get a medical license. Now he has to go through residency etc before he can practice. As for being sure your husband will be fine because he is a "respected lawyer". His degree isn't worth the paper it's written on either. One of the prior Visa Journey members hubby was a lawyer in Egypt and he's been here for several years working some menial job WAY beneath his prior level in Egpyt. My husband was a teacher in Egypt for 14 years, never married, no kids, never been out of country with a spotless background from and upper middle class family and he still ended up in AP. Believe me, you cannot predict how your situation will end.

Betsy El Sum

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I am a american citizen who is married to a egyptian. I went to Egypt January 20, 2010 and we married January 31, 2010. I came home to Texas Feb 8, 2010 and filed our visa March 15, 2010 and i then went back to Egypt March 18, 2010 and i became pregnant around March 22, 2010. We were trying our best to get all visa stuff done correctly and fast so he could maybe be here for our first childs birth but that didn't happen. I had our daughter December 12, 2010. I was lucky that the hospital had wifi and i was able to talk to him while i was there. We finally got a email in the beginning of January 2011 with the date of his interview. His interview was supposed to be Feb 17, 2011 but ofcourse as you all know it is on hold. Our daughter is now 3 months and has not met her father. I would love to have him here before he misses anymore important moments in her life like her crawling, first steps and even first words. I really miss him and this is hard on us both being so far apart but it is even harder for him to be so far from his wife and first child. He has already done his medical exam and all his shots so now we are just waiting for that email or phone call giving us another date.

Timeline

I am a american citizen who is married to a egyptian. I went to Egypt January 20, 2010 and we married January 31, 2010. I came home to Texas Feb 8, 2010 and filed our visa March 15, 2010 and i then went back to Egypt March 18, 2010 and i became pregnant around March 22, 2010. We were trying our best to get all visa stuff done correctly and fast so he could maybe be here for our first childs birth but that didn't happen. I had our daughter December 12, 2010. I was lucky that the hospital had wifi and i was able to talk to him while i was there. We finally got a email in the beginning of January 2011 with the date of his interview. His interview was supposed to be Feb 17, 2011 but ofcourse as you all know it is on hold. Our daughter is now 3 months and has not met her father. I would love to have him here before he misses anymore important moments in her life like her crawling, first steps and even first words. I really miss him and this is hard on us both being so far apart but it is even harder for him to be so far from his wife and first child. He has already done his medical exam and all his shots so now we are just waiting for that email or phone call giving us another date.

Timeline

WOW, Im really sorry to hear that, this process can be awful at times, but when a child is born and one parent cant share in the happiness it makes it even sadder and harder to care

I hope embassy opens soon, and your husband will be with you soon.

Just remember, one day you will both be together, you , him and your child.

God Bless

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.