Joe&Diane

interview questions on 3/2011

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife and I thought the same, and sure enough it was asked. Jim is right. Couples that are really in love do plan their future together. My wife and I talk on skype every night and sometimes i would mention the weather here, events going on in this city, major attractions, the population, the name of the supermarkets i go to. I really just want her to know my town more. I also walked around my place with my laptop once to show and describe my place of residence to her. So she would have an idea of her future home. We really didn't expect them to ask the question. So expect the unexpected. My wife just answered like this " i've never been to the US nor his city, however my husband often talk about _ _ _ is a nice city with 2 big lakes. And it's known to be the live music capital of texas"

We discuss similar things while chatting or talking on the phone ....thanks for info.

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Okay,i agree with questions about the town,but with the home it makes no sense,My husband is but himself now,so he lives in an apartment,not much to describe,it's not like we're having a house together and i have no clue to how it looks like,and i think after the family is reunited most of them up-grade to a different home,anyway my point is that the home that the spouse lives is it may not be the house that me and him are going to live in from now on,at least in my case

There would be no rational reason for them to ask about a home neither of you live in yet because it wouldn't be a valid reason to deny the visa. Clay summed it up nicely - they ask these questions because they're digging for a reason to deny. There have been numerous people whose fiancees and spouses have interviewed in HCMC and been denied, and a very common reason given is "Beneficiary did not know basic facts about petitioner", and then they list items from specific questions, like the home or town where the petitioner lives.

The consulate in HCMC is one of the toughest in the world because of the high level of visa fraud in Vietnam.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

You are being prejudjed. They ask alot of these dumb questions that don't have a correct answer as a basis for turning you down. The CO's basicly feel that if the relationship is real then you will apply again. Many times the blue or pink is already typed so they have already made a decision. Even if you know all the answers they will keep digging until they find something. It's as simple as that. If you are being asked more than 10 questions then you getting blue. Now you have to wait a few months to get the letter from USCIS saying the case is past the expiration date then you can refile. This is the US govt for you. Welcome to the club.

The common blue slip as of late is the one in which they ask for both parties 10 years residence and the beneficiary's relative in the us, they typically give you a month to turn this in. Several members have turned it in early than the assigned date and were given pink on the spot.

Edited by VinceN

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Pls whats is the link to the 200 question

Its Vietnam specific so it would not apply to Lagos.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.