cardinal

Anyone from RCI here?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Burkina Faso
Timeline

Was on skype with my FI tonight. He is Burkinabé but born in Abidjan and his immediate family is still there. Anyways, we are increasingly worried about the situation there. His stepdad is Ivorien and in the police which gives them some protection, but it sounds like things are getting really bad.

Anybody else there right now or with family there and how are you dealing? FI is living in Paris but I can tell he wants to jump on a plane to his family (don't think he will, but the idea really scares me). We are also in the middle of getting ready to file and it is hard to focus on that when we are so worried about his family :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

I cannot help you there but I do hope that everything with your fiance's family is going well. I hope that they are safe. Good luck to you both.

"Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same." ~ Charlotte Brönte

K1 Visa

2010-06-02: I-129F sent

2010-06-07: NOA1

2010-06-29: NOA2

2010-12-07: Interview Date Interview Result: Administrative Process

2011-02-14: Administrative Process ended. Happy Valentine's Day! hearts.gif

2011-02-22: Approved at Embassy

2011-02-25: Received K1 Visa!!!

2011-03-31: POE Miami, Florida USA!!! 35D.gif

2011-04-22: Wedding Day! Happy Earth Day!!

AOS

2011-05-20: Filed For AOS

2011-05-31: NOA1 for EAD & I-485, and Biometrics Appointment Letter

2011-06-16: RFE

2011-06-21: Biometrics for I-485 & EAD

2011-06-30: Transferred to CSC

2011-07-28: Received EAD card in mail!

2011-09-14: AOS Interview = APPROVED! BOOYAH!

2011-09-23: Greencard received! Blessed Autumn Equinox!

thenwestartedkissing.jpg

99gcic0s7e.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello. I am not sure if you know this or not but if you click on the name of the country above the picture of the countries flag it will pull up all members that are also filing from there. Maybe you can PM one of them and make some connections. Hope this helps. :thumbs:

K1 Journey:

Filed: 2009-01-12... USCIS Approved: 2009-06-05... 1st Interview/Admin Review: 2009-09-09...2nd Interview/Approved: 2010-01-27

AOS Journey:

Filed: 2010-05-20... Interview: 2010-11-30... Approved: 2010-12-03... Card Rcvd: 2010-12-18...

Whew! Done!.... Well, for the next two years anyway...

Timeline

Hello. I am not sure if you know this or not but if you click on the name of the country above the picture of the countries flag it will pull up all members that are also filing from there. Maybe you can PM one of them and make some connections. Hope this helps. :thumbs:

Thanks! I did check and it doesn't seem like there are many members from there who have been active recently. Doesn't seem like there are many folks from francophone africa on here generally...

• 1 month later...

Thanks! I did check and it doesn't seem like there are many members from there who have been active recently. Doesn't seem like there are many folks from francophone africa on here generally...

Hey, I saw your post and I wanted to say that I have kinda similar problems..

My fiance is Ivoirien born and raised.. But with the crazy situation there, he had to leave.. He is now in BF.

I have couple of questions for you: Do you think he should stay in BF and apply from there? (I am thinking with the situation in IC, we don't know when things are going to get better and even if they do, Im worried about the backlogged of the embassy.. All the case that are going to be delayed)

Is it possible for him to just apply from BF just because he rents a place there now? Or does he need additional residency proof? Or does he need to be Burkinabe before applying from BF (Which I don't think so since you say you honey is from BF but lives in france and I guess he will apply from Paris?).. Please let me know what you think.

I am myself, in the process of applying for my citizenship and will only apply for him when I get my citizenship (Early June) But Im trying to get all the info bcs I am going to work on the packet so that I can apply like hte NEXT day of my oath ceremony.. (Yeah.. NEXT DAY! :)

Also, do you have any good idea of the timeline?.. (If you have a robust application). I am trying to picture a possible date/period for the wedding)

I know the situation is crazy in IC.. I cry like every day about it.. My family is still there.. (Most of them are here though, thank God) and my Lovy is out.. So thank God..

But you have to understand the men... All this immigration stuff is not as important for them as it is for us.. We want them here like.. Yesterday.. And they are like: We will be together.. don't worry.. Especially if they are not a peace with the situation of their country (Or adopted country like your fiance).

Good luck. I pray for his family, and your case. I pray q l'extrait de naissance thing be fine. If anything, you can always have somebody geting a real birth certificate for him in BF or hopefully when things calm down a bit in abidjan... (Or worse case scenario, have the IC embassy of DC to write a paper to say that the national offices are not operational.. to get like a waiver or something.. ) But that's a bit extreme (Especially with the tension between BF and IC craziness)..

So wait for them to tell you that the copy is not sufficieint before doing anything major...

Take care.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mali
Timeline

But you have to understand the men... All this immigration stuff is not as important for them as it is for us.. We want them here like.. Yesterday.. And they are like: We will be together.. don't worry..

I couldn't agree more!! I am always frantically talking about this whole process and my fiance is always so much more relaxed about it than I am. I don't have any answers about the situation in Cote d'Ivoire, just wanted to lend some support... I even get worried about it, and my fiance is in Mali not CI. When I talk to my fiance about it, he doesn't seem overly concerned, he has a ton of friends that have gone to Abidjan to work, and none of them have run back home yet. But he knows I worry so might be downplaying things a bit. I do know that they are setting up places for refugees, my fiance's town has a refugee camp from back in 2002, and they are opening it back up to people fleeing. I hope things will settle down quickly and I wish you guys both luck!!!

October 28 - NOA 1 received

November 5, 2010 - Touched

April 18, 2011 - NOA 2 received, finallllllly!!!!

April 26, 2011 - Got NVC Case Number

April 27, 2011 - NVC shipped case to Embassy in Dakar

June 7th, 2011 - Interview in Dakar- APPROVED!!

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Hey, I saw your post and I wanted to say that I have kinda similar problems..

My fiance is Ivoirien born and raised.. But with the crazy situation there, he had to leave.. He is now in BF.

I have couple of questions for you: Do you think he should stay in BF and apply from there? (I am thinking with the situation in IC, we don't know when things are going to get better and even if they do, Im worried about the backlogged of the embassy.. All the case that are going to be delayed)

Is it possible for him to just apply from BF just because he rents a place there now? Or does he need additional residency proof? Or does he need to be Burkinabe before applying from BF (Which I don't think so since you say you honey is from BF but lives in france and I guess he will apply from Paris?).. Please let me know what you think.

I am myself, in the process of applying for my citizenship and will only apply for him when I get my citizenship (Early June) But Im trying to get all the info bcs I am going to work on the packet so that I can apply like hte NEXT day of my oath ceremony.. (Yeah.. NEXT DAY! :)

Also, do you have any good idea of the timeline?.. (If you have a robust application). I am trying to picture a possible date/period for the wedding)

I know the situation is crazy in IC.. I cry like every day about it.. My family is still there.. (Most of them are here though, thank God) and my Lovy is out.. So thank God..

But you have to understand the men... All this immigration stuff is not as important for them as it is for us.. We want them here like.. Yesterday.. And they are like: We will be together.. don't worry.. Especially if they are not a peace with the situation of their country (Or adopted country like your fiance).

Good luck. I pray for his family, and your case. I pray q l'extrait de naissance thing be fine. If anything, you can always have somebody geting a real birth certificate for him in BF or hopefully when things calm down a bit in abidjan... (Or worse case scenario, have the IC embassy of DC to write a paper to say that the national offices are not operational.. to get like a waiver or something.. ) But that's a bit extreme (Especially with the tension between BF and IC craziness)..

So wait for them to tell you that the copy is not sufficieint before doing anything major...

Take care.

Hey - so sorry, I haven't really been on since we sent in the I129F packet...distracted by CI and now BF. Is your fiance still in BF (which is probably crazier than abidjan right now :( )? I hope your family in CI are all fine - thank God our family made it through a bit shaken but okay.

My understanding is that is the consulate's prerogative to decide which cases they will process. After some emailing back and forth with the Paris COs it seems that they will process his visa as long as he is legally residing in France at the time of the interview. I think the Ouaga embassy is pretty laid back, and doesn't process many K1 visas - you might try emailing them to ask whether they will process the visa if he's living in BF.

I really have no idea on the timeline. It seems like the US end is what usually takes endless months. I'm **hoping** that he'll be here sometime in winter of 2011-12, and just trying not to focus too much on that (we both have a lot going on school/career-wise right now and I am lucky to get to see hime every 6-8 weeks). I have some general ideas, but my plan is to wait till we get the NOA2 before I start really planning. It will be a small wedding - our families are on 3 different continents - so having a short timeline isn't the end of the world. I laughed when I read your post, because Sihe is definitely more the zen one too, saying don't worry, we'll be together - and I am the ridiculously impatient one. I think part of it is that he is very conscious of the stereotype (and unfortunately sometimes reality) of african men just looking to get a visa, so he wants it to be totally my call - and partly because he is kind of scared to come! :P (it's not a straightforward career move for him, and he's still working on his english).

Keep me posted on how it goes and good luck with the naturalization process!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.