pixelist

Mom diagnosed as terminal

20 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

As for the wedding, most likely it will be here in Atlanta as long as my mom can travel. Otherwise, it will probably be in FL where they and the rest of my family live.

Go to Florida and marry lol We did as my now husband had elderly parents and it was too hard for them to come to Augusta. We had a beautiful park wedding in Orlando at Lake Eola and was the best day ever down there. Good luck

Oh do us a favour and fill in a timeline so we can see where you're at kk :thumbs:

Edited by Barbara J

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I live in Atlanta, she's from Moscow. We met here while she was traveling with her sister on a four month tour. She was out at a club with the lead singer of the band, I slipped her my phone number on the back of my receipt, she txt'd a couple days later inviting me out to play foosball with she and her sister. I went, played foosball, and proceeded to have my a$$ handed to me 30-0 before I got lucky scoring a single goal where I proceeded to cheer like I had won the world cup. We practically lived together for a couple months before her visa expired and off she went. For New Years, I spent a week in Moscow meeting her family and having the most incredible trip in my life.

As for the the lengthy K1 process, I honestly wouldn't have it any other way. The time apart allows us the time we need to make sure we are right for each other. We can focus on the mental aspect keeping the physical separate because she will turn every head in the room. I've had too many unfulfilling relationships so the last thing I want is to move this very special girl away from her family just to find out I can't give her the life she deserves and she can't give me what I need to be happy long term. All the suffering and difficulties we go through to be together only makes our relationship stronger ensuring we will outlast many of those who take their relationships for granted. Our loved ones are much too special to come easy.

Thanks again to everyone.

That is beautiful. Thank you for sharing such a positive perspective. Best of luck on your expedite!

I live in Atlanta, she's from Moscow. We met here while she was traveling with her sister on a four month tour. She was out at a club with the lead singer of the band, I slipped her my phone number on the back of my receipt, she txt'd a couple days later inviting me out to play foosball with she and her sister. I went, played foosball, and proceeded to have my a$$ handed to me 30-0 before I got lucky scoring a single goal where I proceeded to cheer like I had won the world cup. We practically lived together for a couple months before her visa expired and off she went. For New Years, I spent a week in Moscow meeting her family and having the most incredible trip in my life.

As for the the lengthy K1 process, I honestly wouldn't have it any other way. The time apart allows us the time we need to make sure we are right for each other. We can focus on the mental aspect keeping the physical separate because she will turn every head in the room. I've had too many unfulfilling relationships so the last thing I want is to move this very special girl away from her family just to find out I can't give her the life she deserves and she can't give me what I need to be happy long term. All the suffering and difficulties we go through to be together only makes our relationship stronger ensuring we will outlast many of those who take their relationships for granted. Our loved ones are much too special to come easy.

Thanks again to everyone.

That's so the right attitude towards life, love and LDRs. I wish many more people approached all those with the same consideration and respect.

I hope my previous post didn't read as though I was criticizing you in any way; quite the opposite. I was rather irked at the presumption and lack of consideration the post I replied to was giving your situation.

My only piece of advice for you to consider, in what is both an incredibly exciting but also heartbreaking time in your personal life, is give yourself room to grieve when your mother passes, but remember also that your new wife is grieving too albeit for more than the loss of her mother-in-law. Remind her that you might not be able to bolster her up when she needs it most because you are engulfed in your own emotions. Take time to find and prepare any support either of you might need beyond each other. You're starting a semi-LDR married life with both of you struggling in your respective ways: it's not going to be easy for one or the other to be the anchor and support.

And try not to let your sorrow cloud your day and new life - I'm sure your mom wouldn't want it any other way. Good luck, my congratulations and my sympathies.

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

My mom was recently diagnosed with a terminal illness and I'm afraid she may not be able to make it to our wedding if we waited until July. (July is the expected month my love should arrive in the US)

Do you think this would qualify as a valid reason to file an expedite?

NOA1: November 1

I am so sorry. Here is what you do:

Gather all medical supports and contact your sentor and have the sentor send the request to USCIS. That should work like a charm and don't do it yourself! They might not even read it. From senator, Yes , they will and process it fast. Very good luck to you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am in the same situation with my mother and it has been almost a month since I submitted the expedite with a letter from the doctor. Unfortunately I have not heard back from them yet and called them last week and they are still reviewing it.... :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.