EvaAndRickie

ROC Approved but no green card yet

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone! Hi Filetitan! I think we have the same prob. I suggest you call the USCIS office to inquire about your case. I just called the USCIS today inquiring about my greencard too. I got my Approval Letter last March 10, 2011, and up to now, no green card in the mail. Anyway, I called them last March 28 ( 3 weeks after arrival of Approval Letter) as stated on the letter to call them if no GC within the next 3 weeks. The lady told me to wait til April 12..and to call them back. So I called again (April 13) a while ago, and this time the guy took my address and my receipt # and A# ...and informed me that he will contact the CSC office about my case. I was also told to wait (again) within the next 30 days and if still no GC, I should call them back. Oh yeah, I was given a reference number...which I'm not sure what it's for..maybe for my inquiry.

So I guess I'll just keep waiting..and hopefully it won't take another 30 days for my green card to arrive.

Thanks for the info. I'll let everyone know if anything changes.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys, just an update. I got a letter yesterday from USCIS stating that they have a record that they sent my GC,so if it got lost,stolen or destroyed I may need to file for a new one with I-90 for a fee! (and I haven't even got a hold of it yet!) ...so that leaves me with the Post Office.

Good thing, USCIS stated the tracking number of my GC mail, so I was able to check it online. My GC DID arrive at my local post office, and it was sent out for delivery, BUT! it wasn't stated that it was DELIVERED to me at all. The last status was: Delivery status not updated as of March 15, 2011, 10:13 pm

That was a month ago! I'm supposed to get my GC last month! *grrrr* So I went to the post office and inquired about it, unfortunately, all the carriers/Mailmen already went home by the time I got there. (They close at 5:30pm..and I got the mail around 5pm) So the manager just took my phone number and will let me know today. I hope my GC's still with them, coz I don't want to pay for anything that I never even had my hands on!

Filed: Timeline

Thanks for the info. I'll let everyone know if anything changes.

We made an infopass appointment with out local office (LA) turns out the officer made a mistake and our application did not go through. After 8 weeks lost our application was re-approved today and the green card is now in production. If its been over 6 weeks please make an appointment with your local office. Calling 1800 is completely pointless and a waist of time. Good luck everyone!

• 1 year later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

We made an infopass appointment with out local office (LA) turns out the officer made a mistake and our application did not go through. After 8 weeks lost our application was re-approved today and the green card is now in production. If its been over 6 weeks please make an appointment with your local office. Calling 1800 is completely pointless and a waist of time. Good luck everyone!

Thank-you for this information. I think the same thing may have happened with us. We are coming up on 6 weeks since interview and the 1-800 number has been useless. I plan to schedule an Infopass shortly after the 60 days are up. Since we were told that we would have an answer within 30-60 days and that we could contact them if we hadn't heard by then, I think this has to be our next step.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.