iampatricias

Packet 3 from NVC?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello all,

I called the DoS this morning to confirm what seemed unlikely from yesterday's agent and was told that the NVC sent me packet 3 on February 1st. When I suggested that our case hadn't left NVC until February 3rd, so how was that possible, I was told it wasn't that unusual - the NVC was just trying to work ahead...? Really?? Apparently Montreal is waiting for me to send the paperwork but I haven't received anything from NVC these last 3.5weeks...

So, what in the world?? Should I take this as the permission I need to get our paperwork to Montreal ASAP?

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

Yeah, that doesn't seem to make sense. But either way, you should email Montreal to see if you can get the materials to you another way. We are having a hell of a time getting packet 3 as well, but it has already been worked out with the Santiago embassy...

I-751 Removal of Conditions sent - 9/7/13

NOA1 received - 9/17/13

Biometrics appointment - 10/8/13

Removal of Conditions approved - 12/16/13

I had to laugh when I read your post, Because thats exactly what they told my fiancé when he called DOS yesterday. They told him NVC sent the packet 3 and Montreal is waiting for your fiancé to send it back. For an hour I thought that the packet got lost. But anyways I did some research and NVC does not send the packet 3. It’s the consulate's job.

Hello all,

I called the DoS this morning to confirm what seemed unlikely from yesterday's agent and was told that the NVC sent me packet 3 on February 1st. When I suggested that our case hadn't left NVC until February 3rd, so how was that possible, I was told it wasn't that unusual - the NVC was just trying to work ahead...? Really?? Apparently Montreal is waiting for me to send the paperwork but I haven't received anything from NVC these last 3.5weeks...

So, what in the world?? Should I take this as the permission I need to get our paperwork to Montreal ASAP?

Timeline

I had to laugh when I read your post, Because thats exactly what they told my fiancé when he called DOS yesterday. They told him NVC sent the packet 3 and Montreal is waiting for your fiancé to send it back. For an hour I thought that the packet got lost. But anyways I did some research and NVC does not send the packet 3. It’s the consulate's job.

Aah, that is pretty terrible of the DoS then. I thought they were more reliable for information and accuracy?

What are the negative consequences of sending the Packet 3 forms/checklist without having been issued one from the consulate? Like, if I send one this weekend when really, the consulate hasn't issued Packet 3 yet, is it just going to get tossed when it gets there? The last thing I want to hear is, "we're waiting for YOU!" because I am ready to go!!

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

April 5, 2011 - Medical

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

hmmmmm.

can do any 'self generated' Packet 3?

This is an issue for GUZ IV - see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/GUZ_P3_Shortcut

if DoS says 'packet 3 sent out' then yer IV unit really is waiting on P3 to be sent back.

assume some 'mail room lag' as this is really a 'tag' on process, not any actual 'movement out the door'.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Aah, that is pretty terrible of the DoS then. I thought they were more reliable for information and accuracy?

What are the negative consequences of sending the Packet 3 forms/checklist without having been issued one from the consulate? Like, if I send one this weekend when really, the consulate hasn't issued Packet 3 yet, is it just going to get tossed when it gets there? The last thing I want to hear is, "we're waiting for YOU!" because I am ready to go!!

You can't sent the packet 3 back as the consulate hasn't given you a case number yet. This case number differs from the one given on your NOA2. You will just have to wait it out. You can, however, prepare for the gigantic burden that is filling out the forms... it took me 3 hours. They ask for employment history for the last 10 yrs and any residence you have lived at for over 6 months since you were 16. You can also go through the checklist and make sure you have everything. You will need to and from dates for both of these, and there is additional info on there that you might not expect, so do a rough copy and have it ready for when the real request comes for packet 3. If your consulate does a downloadable packet 3, which Vancouver does, you can fill it out and leave everything but the case number blank. Then fill that it when packet 3 (in my case, a very short letter telling me to download packet 3 from their website and send it back) arrives.

Good luck!

06-15?-2009: Starting talking on dating website
07-06-2009: Met in person in Roseville, CA
09-09-2010: Sent I-129f to TXS Lockbox
09-13-2010: NOA1 received
02-02-2011: NOA2 Notification Sent - Approved!!!
02-04-2011: NVC Received
02-09-2011: NVS sent to Vancouver consulate
02-14-2011: Received by Vancouver Consulate
02-15-2011: Packet 3 sent by Vancouver Consulate
02-18-2011: Packet 3 received
02-18-2011: Packet 3 sent back to consulate
02-19-2011: Interview date received!!! Letter on its way!
03-23-2011: Medical at Woking Clinic, Vancouver BC (AM)
03-23-2011: Interview at Vancouver Consulate (PM)
03-23-2011: APPROVED for K-1 Visa!!!! biggrin.png
04-27-2011: POE
05-03-2011: Sent AOS, AP applications
05-06-2011: NOA1 received for AOS and AP
05-06-2011: Applied for SSN. Application successful
05-09-2011: Received SSN by visiting local card center
05-10-2011: Biometrics appointment notice, June 1, 2011.
05-13-2011: Received SSN Card in Mail
06-01-2011: Biometrics appt. in Sacramento, CA
09-16-2011: EAD approved
09-26-2011: AOS Interview in Sacramento
09-26-2011: Green Card (2 yr conditional) granted

02-03-2013: Separated - Return to Canada

Timeline

I have a new case number (MTL 2011 etc), and I have the paperwork all ready to go. I was prepared to wait it out, but didn't expect to hear such claims from the DoS agents on the phone about Packet 3 from the NVC.

In any case, I'll try to give them another call Monday and keep a close eye on the mail :)

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

April 5, 2011 - Medical

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.