18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Dominica
Timeline

Hey Everyone,

Has anyone here had their I-160 waiver handled by USCIS in Santo Domingo? What was the outcome? How long did it take for a decision to be made?

If there's anywhere I can find this out please post link. Thank You!!!

Summer 2007: Hubby and I met.

January 2008: Engaged.

May 22,2008: Hubby and I got married!

August 2008: I-130 filed.

January 2010: Our son was born.

May 2010: Interview at US Embassy in Barbados. Visa Denied! Eligible for I-601 waiver. Couldn't get a joint sponsor so we had to wait until 2011 when my income tax return documents would reflect my full income.

Feb22,2011: Embassy Received Tax Docs and New AOS!

Feb28,2011: I-601Waiver App Package sent to USCIS Santo Domingo via airmail.

Mar28,2011: USCIS Santo Domingo received Waiver Package.

Jun13,2011: Waiver Approved!

June24,2011:Embassy requested that medical police cert and other docs be updated and sent to schedule final interview for visa! *crosses fingers*

FINAL INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPT. 1ST @ 7:30AM

Hope and Pray!

as1cCua0g410410MDAwNjQzOGx8MjY0c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvci4uLg.gif

event.png

Timeline

Anyone? The waiver was sent off today. I was just wondering about how long of a wait are hubby and I looking at. :unsure:

May 2010: Interview at US Embassy in Barbados. Visa Denied! Eligible for I-601 waiver. Couldn't get a joint sponsor so we had to wait until 2011 when my income tax return documents would reflect my full income.

June24,2011:Embassy requested that medical police cert and other docs be updated and sent to schedule final interview for visa! *crosses fingers*

Hope and Pray!

event.png

Timeline

Guess no one knows. Guess I'll just wait around until I get that hopeful approval and be the 1st to answer my own question. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope and Pray!

event.png

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Guess no one knows. Guess I'll just wait around until I get that hopeful approval and be the 1st to answer my own question. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just to update for anyone that cares or anyone that my have to go through USCIS:

My hubby's I-601 waiver application package was sent from the Embassy in Barbados to USCIS in Santo Domingo via airmail on February 28th. I called USCIS today April 8th to inquire about his waiver reception and it's status.

They said that it was received on March 28th and it is still pending. The nice lady on the other line said that I will need to give them 2 weeks. I asked if it was okay to call inquiring again after two weeks and she said yes. :dance: :dance: :dance:

So all that hubby and I have left to do until then is wait, hope, and pray. I intend to call on April 27th so wish me luck. :star:

Hope and Pray!

event.png

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Just to update for anyone that cares or anyone that my have to go through USCIS:

My hubby's I-601 waiver application package was sent from the Embassy in Barbados to USCIS in Santo Domingo via airmail on February 28th. I called USCIS today April 8th to inquire about his waiver reception and it's status.

They said that it was received on March 28th and it is still pending. The nice lady on the other line said that I will need to give them 2 weeks. I asked if it was okay to call inquiring again after two weeks and she said yes. :dance: :dance: :dance:

So all that hubby and I have left to do until then is wait, hope, and pray. I intend to call on April 27th so wish me luck. :star:

If you get the waiver adjudicated in a month and a half consider that a miracle and buy a lotto ticket the same day you hear your decision which I hope is a YES.

I have not seen or heard anyone who has gone through DR lately but please come back and tell us the outcome. Last month USCIS said that average processing time for waivers is 3.8 months, however 80% of all waivers are filed in CDJ and 50% of those are approved same day. So the method they used to determine the processing time is not reliable as offices in EL Salvador are taking as long as 12-14 months and referred cases take up to a year out of CDJ.

Good luck

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you get the waiver adjudicated in a month and a half consider that a miracle and buy a lotto ticket the same day you hear your decision which I hope is a YES.

I have not seen or heard anyone who has gone through DR lately but please come back and tell us the outcome. Last month USCIS said that average processing time for waivers is 3.8 months, however 80% of all waivers are filed in CDJ and 50% of those are approved same day. So the method they used to determine the processing time is not reliable as offices in EL Salvador are taking as long as 12-14 months and referred cases take up to a year out of CDJ.

Good luck

so im curious what happened after april 27th. i have been waiting for my husband 2 and just like you we have baby. petition was deposit on aug 2008. we went to the interview and passed on oct 2009. we deposited a waiver in santo domingo april 12 2010 and im still waiting just wondering how long it took for you

Edited by jenny8406

so im curious what happened after april 27th. i have been waiting for my husband 2 and just like you we have baby. petition was deposit on aug 2008. we went to the interview and passed on oct 2009. we deposited a waiver in santo domingo april 12 2010 and im still waiting just wondering how long it took for you

Edited by jenny8406

so im curious what happened after april 27th. i have been waiting for my husband 2 and just like you we have baby. petition was deposit on aug 2008. we went to the interview and passed on oct 2009. we deposited a waiver in santo domingo april 12 2011 and im still waiting just wondering how long it took for you

so im curious what happened after april 27th. i have been waiting for my husband 2 and just like you we have baby. petition was deposit on aug 2008. we went to the interview and passed on oct 2009. we deposited a waiver in santo domingo april 12 2011 and im still waiting just wondering how long it took for you

Timeline

Just to update on my own topic...Hubby's I-601 waiver was received on March 28th...and APPROVED on June 13th. :dance: I just got back from visiting him for a week in Dominica and called first thing Monday morning and they said that it got approved. They instructed me to call Barbados for further instructions and info. I called Barbados that afternoon and they said that a few things expired over the year such as the medical exam and his police certificate. So they sent a letter to hubby's address as well as my address listing what he needs to turn in when he goes back to Barbados to do a new medical exam.

So right now we're just saving for the trip he will have to take down there and waiting on the letter. The goal is to have him up here by the 2nd week in October to be the latest.

This is the beginning of the end for us. SOOOO EXCITED!!! :star: :star: :star: :star:

Hope and Pray!

event.png

Just to update on my own topic...Hubby's I-601 waiver was received on March 28th...and APPROVED on June 13th. :dance: I just got back from visiting him for a week in Dominica and called first thing Monday morning and they said that it got approved. They instructed me to call Barbados for further instructions and info. I called Barbados that afternoon and they said that a few things expired over the year such as the medical exam and his police certificate. So they sent a letter to hubby's address as well as my address listing what he needs to turn in when he goes back to Barbados to do a new medical exam.

So right now we're just saving for the trip he will have to take down there and waiting on the letter. The goal is to have him up here by the 2nd week in October to be the latest.

This is the beginning of the end for us. SOOOO EXCITED!!! :star: :star: :star: :star:

thats sounds about right my husbands exam expired 2, lawyer told us that they will call so he can get them done again if he gets approved. but why so long? exams take 2 weeks and passport also well in santo domingo.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.