웃

Mississippi HillBilly catches 327 pound Alligator Gar (cross between gator, fish, and DINOSAUR)

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Alligator%20Gar.jpg

26887850_240X180.jpg

What a Valentine's Day catch!

Looking for all the world like the cross between an alligator, a fish and dinosaur, the alligator gar is the largest freshwater fish in America. And with two rows of teeth, the predatory fish is also terrifying.

So you can imagine his surprise when Kenny Williams, from Vicksburgh, Miss., stumbled across what is being called the largest one ever caught on February 14. The tremendous fish measured 8 feet, 5 inches long, weighed 327 pounds, and was 48 inches around, reported WAPT.com.

Williams told the local TV station that he used nets to catch the fish, before grabbing it by the gills and pulling it bodily into the boat with him. At which point he must have gotten a good look at the fish's double row of razor sharp teeth.

"A lot of people that have seen him say he's a dinosaur fish," Williams joked with a WAPT.com reporter.

"At first I didn't think he was that big. But as I was getting him into the boat, it was like, 'How big is this thing?' It was a lot of effort just to get him into the boat," Williams said. "I don't even know how to describe it. It was just huge and hard to get into the boat."

Officials with the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks (MDWFP) said it could be the largest alligator gar caught. In scientific literature, there was a report from 1963 of a 302-pound alligator gar, MDWFP's Dennis Riecke said. Williams' fish is definitely the largest since that time, and is certainly the largest recorded in Mississippi, Riecke said.

The fish is believed to have been between 50 and 70 years old, wildlife officials said.

Read more about the world's largest alligator gar at WAPT.com.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/02/21/327-pound-dinosaur-fish-caught-swimming-mississippi/#ixzz1EeqBpATT

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline

maybe jesus rode one of those!

jesus_donkey300.jpg

....But that does bring up a good point. And that is, why did God create monster-like species that are flat out dangerous to humanity? If we are the chosen species that has the honor of going to Heaven (or Hell) then why can our lives end if we encounter some of these PSYCHOTIC animals? How many deaths are caused by shark attacks? Snake or spider bites? Etcetera...

That is like me creating a world the size of a small island. I put creature A as the chosen creature. But then I strategically place creature B, C, D, and E all over the island which naturally has a desire to violently and savagely rip to shreds and kill my chosen creature A. Kind of weird thing to do if you think about it!

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

per your thread title

Hillbilly:

is a term referring to certain people who dwell in rural, mountainous areas of the United States, primarily Appalachia but also the Ozarks. Owing to its strongly stereotypical connotations, the term is frequently considered derogatory, and so is usually offensive to those Americans of Appalachian heritage.

now we all know you like to stereotype and insult people ...

Edited by natty bumppo

Timeline

per your thread title

Hillbilly:

is a term referring to certain people who dwell in rural, mountainous areas of the United States, primarily Appalachia but also the Ozarks. Owing to its strongly stereotypical connotations, the term is frequently considered derogatory, and so is usually offensive to those Americans of Appalachian heritage.

now we all know you like to stereotype and insult people ...

now we all know you are from Mississippi.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline

now we all know you are from Mississippi.

nice try ... you fail yet again.. keep guessing ... you've got another 49 states to go plus the ROW ...

actually now we all have it confirmed you are simply baiting and violating TOS ...

Timeline

nice try ... you fail yet again.. keep guessing ... you've got another 49 states to go plus the ROW ...

actually now we all have it confirmed you are simply baiting and violating TOS ...

You are from Houston.

Are you really offended by the term HillBilly? I think it is more funny/silly than insulting.

Edited by Lord Infamous

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline

the definition of your term was posted. it is considered offensive by many.

yet you persist.

it's a TOS violation.

Well maybe they will throw me in the slammer for a few days.

\ is known for creating his own headlines and they are often controversial. Why don't you confront him?

It is a tactic used to attract more hits. :whistle:

If it is offensive then maybe a mod can delete the word from the headline. And if you are personally offended then sorry, please accept my apology. I did not know the word was so bad. :blush:

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline

natty - is it really offensive or are you just being silly? I'm only asking because I've never heard anyone say it was offensive until now.

amby ... i posted the definition. google will confirm.

given the "PC" attitude here on vj ... i'm surprised this thread is still visible.

if this survives ... just think of all the other non "PC" derogatory connotations we can use about other peoples. i can think of a few stereotypical terms that should then be considered acceptable on vj.

that said ... let the games begin ....

Edited by natty bumppo