M and L

Additional info and interview question

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello,

I have a couple questions. I sent all the required information (i129f and other forms) to the proper folks in October. Since that time I have visited my love in China two more times, December 2010 and February 2011. Where can I send my additional travel receipts and such? Can I email or fax somewhere?

Also, when Lili has the interview in Shanghai will the interview be in English or Chinese? My love doesn't speak English that well yet....

Thanks in advance,

Matthew

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello,

I have a couple questions. I sent all the required information (i129f and other forms) to the proper folks in October. Since that time I have visited my love in China two more times, December 2010 and February 2011. Where can I send my additional travel receipts and such? Can I email or fax somewhere?

Also, when Lili has the interview in Shanghai will the interview be in English or Chinese? My love doesn't speak English that well yet....

Thanks in advance,

Matthew

I would think that you could send copies to her to take to her interview otherwise you risk getting them lost if you try to "add" to something you already submitted

also I am sure she can use a translator.. i know in pakistan they also have those altho my husband speaks fluent english so he wont need a translator

Edited by EAbbas

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

You shouldn't send in the additional info, it won't get put together with your application. Take them to the interview if you need more proof of relationship.

I believe she will be asked what she would rather be interviewed in English or Chinese and they will interview accordingly. However, make sure that you make it clear that the two of you can communicate effectively (this is often a big red flag), either that you speak Chinese or she is going to English lessons, etc.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

You shouldn't send in the additional info, it won't get put together with your application. Take them to the interview if you need more proof of relationship.

I believe she will be asked what she would rather be interviewed in English or Chinese and they will interview accordingly. However, make sure that you make it clear that the two of you can communicate effectively (this is often a big red flag), either that you speak Chinese or she is going to English lessons, etc.

Thanks for the info...........

I would think that you could send copies to her to take to her interview otherwise you risk getting them lost if you try to "add" to something you already submitted

also I am sure she can use a translator.. i know in pakistan they also have those altho my husband speaks fluent english so he wont need a translator

Thank you.......

You already sent in sufficient proof in your packet, so need to add that, just give it to her so that she can bring it to the interview :)

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello,

Thanks in advance,

Matthew

Yes, like other said, send any additional documents which you think will be helpful for her interview to Lili. Do not send any documents to NVC or Guangzhou Consulate unless they ask for.

For her speaking English, I think she can speak Chinese at interview. One thing is that she needs to demonstrate you two can communicate without a problem in a relationship. Can she read English well or you speak a little Chinese? You may need to think of it. Some interviewer reported that the visa officer asked them to read their letters.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.