dvkk16

Montreal Interview

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moving to Canada forum..

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Timeline

No need for the petitioner to be at the interview. It's a fairly straight-forward process in Canada because it's not a high fraud country. My husband attended my interview and I'm glad he came. We made a holiday out of our stay there and it took a lot of the pressure off. In fact, they talked to him more than they talked to me because they were interested in what he did for a living. That helped a lot. lol

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Nope--- mine wasn't there! Interview itself is lucky to be 10 minutes!! very basic questions asked--how one met--what are ur employment plans in the USA---what does my spouse do?? very easy! 99% of ones time is spent waiting around!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

It would have been nice if mine was there.. to do a timmies run while I was waiting in line.. :lol: My interview was in February and it was COOOLLDDD in MTL.

However, jokes aside, its nice to have a spouse there for emotional support, because the nerves can eat you up, and old montreal is a really romantic place to walk through, but it is absolutely not necessary for them to be there at the interview.

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Timeline

Ya, I did. It's not necessary for the process.. but I'll tell you what? All us immigrants..we should bring our spouses to the interviews just so that our loving USC spouse can see exactly what we go through. They'll appreciate us and the process more. My wife's eyes opened wide once she got a taste of the 'system'. So when I used to get upset and bent and frustrated..she can understand it better now.

just my two cents.

Timeline

Nope--- mine wasn't there! Interview itself is lucky to be 10 minutes!! very basic questions asked--how one met--what are ur employment plans in the USA---what does my spouse do?? very easy! 99% of ones time is spent waiting around!

Mine was basically the same back in August.

I was second in line and there was LOTS of waiting.

They asked more questions about the game that we met in than they did about anything else.

If anything bringing spouse is just moral support, and someone to talk to, haha.

And there is a Timmies if you go [facing the consulate door] to your right to the first corner, turn right, two-three blocks over on the corner, it has a light up Timmies sign in the window. You can then order your Cappuccino Glacé =) My cousin ordered in english and they got it just fine.

<3 FireRay's Wifey. <3

11-??-2005 : Met Ray in EverQuest2

USCIS
12-26-2009 : Marriage
1-07-2010 : Filed I-130
1-08-2010 : Package Recieved
1-12-2010 : NOA1
3-12-2010 : NOA2
*I-130 was approved in 59 days from NOA1 date.*

NVC
3-19-2010 : NVC Recieved. Case # Assigned
3-22-2010 : E-Mails Given to NVC Operator
3-25-2010 : Received DS-3032 and AOS Bill
3-25-2010 : Applied for EP/DS-3032 e-mailed
3-25-2010 : Pay AOS Bill Online
4-04-2010 : E-mailed I-864
4-08-2010 : EP Accepted/Paid IV Bill
4-12-2010 : E-mailed DS-230
4-16-2010 : All documents accepted at NVC
4-22-2010 : Log in Fail!!
*NVC stage completed in 34 days.*

7-21-2010 : Medical in Toronto
7-26-2010 : INTERVIEW - APPROVED!!
7-28-2010 : Visa received in the mail
8-18-2010 : POE - Ambassador Bridge
9-23-2010 : 2yr Green Card arrived
2-11-2011 : SSN arrived
8-18-2012 : Approx date of removal of conditions

06-2012 : Removal of conditions sent

03-18-12 : 10 year Green Card received!!

Timeline

We made a holiday out of our stay there and it took a lot of the pressure off. In fact, they talked to him more than they talked to me because they were interested in what he did for a living. That helped a lot. lol

We plan on doing the same for our upcoming interview. My brother lives in Ottawa so we are going to visit beforehand, then spend a couple of days before and after the interview in Montreal. It'll be nice to relax after everything in a beautiful city...

Met in 2004 at a Dave Matthews Band concert, started dating November 2005, engaged February 2009 and married November 14, 2009. Together in the US on March 19th 2011

CR-1 journey

USCIS: (170 days)

2010-03-27: I-130 sent

2010-09-23: NOA2

NVC: (93 days)

2010-10-06: NVC Case Number assigned

2011-01-05: SIF and Case Completion!

2011-02-15: Medical in Toronto

2011-03-07: Interview approved (335 days from NOA1)

2011-03-10: Passport received

2011-03-19: POE - Buffalo, NY

2011-03-28: SSN received

2011-03-31: USCIS Welcome

2011-04-05: Conditional Green Card received

2012-11-30: Notice to file I-751 received

2012-12-12: I-751 (Remove of Conditions) sent

2013-08-16: Conditions removed. 10 year Permanent Resident Card received

Timeline

Ya, I did. It's not necessary for the process.. but I'll tell you what? All us immigrants..we should bring our spouses to the interviews just so that our loving USC spouse can see exactly what we go through. They'll appreciate us and the process more. My wife's eyes opened wide once she got a taste of the 'system'. So when I used to get upset and bent and frustrated..she can understand it better now.

just my two cents.

I think most USA spouses know exactly what one goes thru as they are along for the ride as well! Mine filled out the paperwork, i did pretty much nothing,lol

Like others, one can make a holiday of it.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Timeline

All us immigrants..we should bring our spouses to the interviews just so that our loving USC spouse can see exactly what we go through.

The visa process was a pain but it was nothing compared to the adjustment process once I got here. Coming from being an established career-oriented person who knew what to do and where to go in any given situation, to arriving here and basically being treated as a non-entity, was a huge blow to the self esteem. Having to prove I existed at every step of the way, but to be denied at every step because no one knew the rules except me, was as frustrating and demeaning as hell. When my husband was transferred to another State he got a taste of what I'd been through with their DMV. I have to admit I felt somewhat vindicated when he nearly lost his mind getting the runaround from them. :)

We plan on doing the same for our upcoming interview. My brother lives in Ottawa so we are going to visit beforehand, then spend a couple of days before and after the interview in Montreal. It'll be nice to relax after everything in a beautiful city...

Ohhh, lovely. I always encourage people to take the bus tours whenever you go to a new city. We stayed at the Residence Inn on Peel St. It was fabulous because it came with breakfast and really great meals in the evening. And we had some really fabulous meals in some restaurants on that street too. We had such a great time we're going back at some point. :)

iagree.gif

Timeline

I plan on going to my wifes because I believe in showing a United Front. While it isn't necessary and not everyone has the circumstances to be able to do so, those who can I encourage it. Ive heard it made the interview smoother.

10/10/09: Married in Hamilton, Ontario :)

04/01/2010 : I-130 Sent

04/16/10 : NOA1 Issued (Hard Copy)

09/02/2010: File Touched Fingers Crossed

09/24/2010: NOA2 Approval!!!

• 161 Days since NOA1 - NOA2
    ------------------
    NVC Received File - 10/04/2010
    10/07/2010 Received Case #/Opted into Electronic Processing

• OPT IN EMAIL CONFIRMATION INTO ELECTRONIC PROCESSING RECEIVED 10/25 TOOK 18 DAYS FROM INITIAL EMAIL SENT
    • DS3032 Sent Following Electronic Proccessing Formats

10/15/2010: I-864(AOS) fee ($88) payment Received

10/18/2010: I-864 (AOS) PAID

10/20/2010: AOS package Sent via Email for Electronic Processing

10/22/2010: IV Bill Invoiced

10/22/2010: IV Bill Paid (Shown Paid Status 8/25/2010)

10/27/2010:DS Forms Emailed Via Email for Electronic Processing

01/06/2011: Sign in Failed

11/23/2010: AOS package review completed

01/05/2011: IV package review completed

01/06/2011: Case Completed (Received case complete Email VIA Electronic Processing)

01/07/2011: Consulate Interview Scheduled

Consulate

02/15/2011: Medical

03/04/2011: Interview

U.S

03/07/2011: POE South of Montreal US-CDN border

03/07/2011: Welcome Letter

03/24/2011: Green Card

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.