Lisa011

Recieved Green card and Booked a trip to Mexico!???

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

I AOS my status thru my U.S Husband, got approved at the Interview and recieved my Green Card a week ago,

We booked a Trip to Mexico,

I just wanna make sure that im good to go????

LOL it feels so unreal being a Legal Resident!

I have a Valid German Passport ( Since i cant get a U.S Passport yet)

and I have my Green Card, I know they say once you have your green card that kind of becomes a passport.

11/09/2010- Sent out I485, I-130, I-765 Applications Chicago Office11/14/2010- USCIS recieved my applications11/18/2010- Received Receipts11/29/2010- Received my biometrics appointment scheduled for 12/17/201012/17/2010- Biometrics Done01/07/2011- Interview Scheduled for Feb 7th.01/21/2011- Received Email saying EAD card production01/26/2011- Received Email again saying EAD card production01/31/2011- Received EAD Card in the Mail02/07/2011- AOS Interview - Green Card Approved!!!!02/08/2011- Received Email Card/Document Production11/30/2012- Mailed out I-75112/07/2012- Received NOA12/11/2012- Received Biometric Appointment letter

12/28/2012- Biometric Appointment

05/28/2013 - Approval Letter Recieved

06/19/13- 10 Year Green Card Recieved !!!! :)

04/25/2014- Mailed out N-400 Application

05/02/2014 - Recieved email from USCIS

05/05/2014-NOA Letter

05/23/2014- Biometrics Appointment

05/28/2014- Text/Email notification In Line for Interview

07/16/2014- Text/Email Scheduled for interview

07/21/2014- Text/Email Placed in line for interview scheduling. very odd scheduled for interview and then placed back in line again

07/22/2014- Text/Email Scheduled for Interview
07/28/2014- Received interview letter
08/26/14- Interview Appointment/ Citizenship test ( APPROVED :D )

08/27/14- Scheduled for Oath Ceremony

09/16/14- Oath Ceremony :goofy::dance:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

US Green-card allows travel to Mexico, Canada, and the Carribbean without a visa. Probably not an issue if Germany has a Visa-waiver with those countries.

You will need to use the Green-card to re-enter the USA.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Other Timeline

Yes, as unreal as it is, all you need to travel is a valid passport and the Green Card.

Out of curiosity, when did you get a valid German passport and from where? (This assumes that you not "just" got it after showing the Green Card.)

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

OK - So my husband and I are in the same boat. We have a trip planned to the US Virgin Islands. I am 99.99% sure all he needs is his green card and valid passport, however, I cant get a confirmation.

My husband is a citizen of Algeria and as stated above a conditional green card holder. Can anyone confirm whether or not #1 he needs a visa to get into the US Virgin Islands and #2 if he can return to Chicago with just his green card and valid Algerian passport.

I have been searching the net for some type of confirmation and cant find anything that fits this exact situation.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Malarie

** The black ribbon I display in my display is for my son in law who was killed in Afganistan November 23,2009 **

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

I did alot of research and contacted my Attorney

Im good to go to Mexico, there are certain countries though that require visas I know that in Mexico you can a Visa from them at the airport and then when you leave that country they give you a stamp.

11/09/2010- Sent out I485, I-130, I-765 Applications Chicago Office11/14/2010- USCIS recieved my applications11/18/2010- Received Receipts11/29/2010- Received my biometrics appointment scheduled for 12/17/201012/17/2010- Biometrics Done01/07/2011- Interview Scheduled for Feb 7th.01/21/2011- Received Email saying EAD card production01/26/2011- Received Email again saying EAD card production01/31/2011- Received EAD Card in the Mail02/07/2011- AOS Interview - Green Card Approved!!!!02/08/2011- Received Email Card/Document Production11/30/2012- Mailed out I-75112/07/2012- Received NOA12/11/2012- Received Biometric Appointment letter

12/28/2012- Biometric Appointment

05/28/2013 - Approval Letter Recieved

06/19/13- 10 Year Green Card Recieved !!!! :)

04/25/2014- Mailed out N-400 Application

05/02/2014 - Recieved email from USCIS

05/05/2014-NOA Letter

05/23/2014- Biometrics Appointment

05/28/2014- Text/Email notification In Line for Interview

07/16/2014- Text/Email Scheduled for interview

07/21/2014- Text/Email Placed in line for interview scheduling. very odd scheduled for interview and then placed back in line again

07/22/2014- Text/Email Scheduled for Interview
07/28/2014- Received interview letter
08/26/14- Interview Appointment/ Citizenship test ( APPROVED :D )

08/27/14- Scheduled for Oath Ceremony

09/16/14- Oath Ceremony :goofy::dance:

OK - So my husband and I are in the same boat. We have a trip planned to the US Virgin Islands. I am 99.99% sure all he needs is his green card and valid passport, however, I cant get a confirmation.

My husband is a citizen of Algeria and as stated above a conditional green card holder. Can anyone confirm whether or not #1 he needs a visa to get into the US Virgin Islands and #2 if he can return to Chicago with just his green card and valid Algerian passport.

I have been searching the net for some type of confirmation and cant find anything that fits this exact situation.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Malarie

The US Virgin Islands is a US commonwealth. Your husband will be good to go with his greencard.

Think of it this way..he doesnt need a visa to go to Hawaii or Alaska right? :thumbs:

My link

And yes he will be able to return with his green card.

You just need a state ID to travel to those places actually.

My link

Edited by Myopia

03/09/2011 AOS Application Sent.
03/11/2011 (Day 0) Application Received
03/16/2011 (Day 7) NOA 1 (Text Email)+ (Checks Cashed)
03/19/2011 (Day 10) Hard Copy of NOA 1
03/28/2011 (Day 19) Biometrics letter 4/8/2011
04/08/2011 (Day 30) Successful Biometrics for I-765/I-485
05/13/2011 (Day 65) EAD received in the mail
05/14/2011 (Day 66) Email confirming EAD approved (Case updated online TOUCH)
05/20/2011 (Day 72) SSN In the Mail.

09/08/2011 (Day 200 ) Email notification of Interview.
10/11/2011 Interview at 26 Federal Plaza, NY!
Interviewed and Am expecting RFEs!
10/13/2011 (Day ***) Received RFE-- Requesting that I provide documentation to prove I was never married in Uk or Illin
02/11/2012 (Day ***) Service request..Told its being reviewed by supervisor

24th March 2012!!!!!!!!!!! Email notifiying me of CARD IN PRODUCTION
03/26/2012 (Day 376) Emails confirming that my I-130 and I-485 have been approved.

4/2/2012 Green Card In Hand!

Unbelievable that my journey took this long but Im thankful

Next Stop Premed...Yup!

3/24/2014 Application for conditions to be removed

9/22/2014 APPROVED without interview.

The US Virgin Islands is a US commonwealth. Your husband will be good to go with his greencard.

Think of it this way..he doesnt need a visa to go to Hawaii or Alaska right? :thumbs:

My link

And yes he will be able to return with his green card.

You just need a state ID to travel to those places actually.

My link

Thanks Myopia!!

** The black ribbon I display in my display is for my son in law who was killed in Afganistan November 23,2009 **

Well, Alaska and Hawaii are among the 50 States of the United States, so that's not a valid argument. But the advice is correct anyway. He needs his passport and his Green Card and he will have to show both several times during the trip. Been there, done that.

Now, if you guys plan on visiting the BVI, which is a cool 1-hour boat trip from St. Thomas, he'll need a visa as an Algerian citizen.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

Well, Alaska and Hawaii are among the 50 States of the United States, so that's not a valid argument. But the advice is correct anyway. He needs his passport and his Green Card and he will have to show both several times during the trip. Been there, done that.

Now, if you guys plan on visiting the BVI, which is a cool 1-hour boat trip from St. Thomas, he'll need a visa as an Algerian citizen.

Thanks Just Bob!

I actually emailed CBP the other day and they responded the same thing. We're not going to the BVI -- too much hassle to get a visa - not to mention I am SURE we will have plenty to do in the UVI's!!

We're so excited to go ... cant wait!!!

Thanks Again,

Malarie

Who was arguing? It was an example. You know what that is right? :whistle:

To the OP--My pleasure :P

My husband is puerto rican and doesnt have to show anything but his state ID when he goes to the US commonwealth of Puerto Rico. :thumbs:

Edited by Myopia

03/09/2011 AOS Application Sent.
03/11/2011 (Day 0) Application Received
03/16/2011 (Day 7) NOA 1 (Text Email)+ (Checks Cashed)
03/19/2011 (Day 10) Hard Copy of NOA 1
03/28/2011 (Day 19) Biometrics letter 4/8/2011
04/08/2011 (Day 30) Successful Biometrics for I-765/I-485
05/13/2011 (Day 65) EAD received in the mail
05/14/2011 (Day 66) Email confirming EAD approved (Case updated online TOUCH)
05/20/2011 (Day 72) SSN In the Mail.

09/08/2011 (Day 200 ) Email notification of Interview.
10/11/2011 Interview at 26 Federal Plaza, NY!
Interviewed and Am expecting RFEs!
10/13/2011 (Day ***) Received RFE-- Requesting that I provide documentation to prove I was never married in Uk or Illin
02/11/2012 (Day ***) Service request..Told its being reviewed by supervisor

24th March 2012!!!!!!!!!!! Email notifiying me of CARD IN PRODUCTION
03/26/2012 (Day 376) Emails confirming that my I-130 and I-485 have been approved.

4/2/2012 Green Card In Hand!

Unbelievable that my journey took this long but Im thankful

Next Stop Premed...Yup!

3/24/2014 Application for conditions to be removed

9/22/2014 APPROVED without interview.

Thanks Just Bob!

I actually emailed CBP the other day and they responded the same thing. We're not going to the BVI -- too much hassle to get a visa - not to mention I am SURE we will have plenty to do in the UVI's!!

We're so excited to go ... cant wait!!!

Thanks Again,

Malarie

The USVI is a third world country where they speak English, kind of anyway.

You will need a rental car or you'll regret it. Be prepared for scary people driving on the wrong side of the road, often drifting right into your lane. Also be prepared to see a huge Iguana waiting for you in your lane when you come around a turn. Be prepared for high food prices, scary neighborhoods once the sun goes down, and incredible beauty and vegetation when it's up. Go on a full day snorkel trip with a big sail boat or catamaran. My wife and I did this late, too late, and it was the highlight of our trip, just unreal.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.