apuzilla

Just got married in USA

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

So my finance surprised me and came to USA on a tourist visa and i popped the question the day she surprised me and long story short ... we are married and im about to file out the paperwork BUT i have a bit of a snafu. Because she was only here for 2 weeks and had to go back to Australia, we didn't know she had to fill out the G-325A form and now that she is back in Australia it will take time to get here from there and so I was wondering if she printed out the form and then filled it out and scanned it using adobe pdf, which makes it look good and fits the page exactly right, and emailed it back to me, is that legal? or does it really need to be signed by her in ink? The scanned pages would be much much faster but I dont want to take the risk of getting denied because USCIS thinks she didn't really fill it out with a pen.

Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks for reading the post

So my finance surprised me and came to USA on a tourist visa and i popped the question the day she surprised me and long story short ... we are married and im about to file out the paperwork BUT i have a bit of a snafu. Because she was only here for 2 weeks and had to go back to Australia, we didn't know she had to fill out the G-325A form and now that she is back in Australia it will take time to get here from there and so I was wondering if she printed out the form and then filled it out and scanned it using adobe pdf, which makes it look good and fits the page exactly right, and emailed it back to me, is that legal? or does it really need to be signed by her in ink? The scanned pages would be much much faster but I dont want to take the risk of getting denied because USCIS thinks she didn't really fill it out with a pen.

I could be wrong..but I don't think she has to sign her copy. You, the US citizen, have to sign your one...but your wife doesn't have to sign hers. I'm sure its in the instructions for the G-325A or I-130 I think. It says something along the lines of 'a completed and signed G-325A for you and a completed G-325A for your spouse'.

USCIS

30 Nov 2010 - Sent I-130 to Chicago

1 Dec 2010 - I-130 received at Chicago

18 Apr 2011 - APPROVED!! NOA2 text and email

NVC

29 Apr 2011 - Case entered into the system/Case number assigned; Medical Exam in Sydney

30 Apr 2011 - Police Check Application sent

2 May 2011 - Called NVC and got Invoice ID number

3 May 2011 - Sent DS-3032 email

4 May 2011 - Received email reply from NVC for DS-3032; Received Medical Exam results

5 May 2011 - AOS invoiced and paid

7 May 2011 - AOS package sent; IV invoiced and paid

9 May 2011 - AOS package delivered to NVC according to tracking

20 May 2011 - RFE for missing IV package....still waiting on Police Certificate!

24 May 2011 - Received Police Certificate after 25 days (so much for 7-10!); IV package sent

27 May 2011 - IV package delivered according to tracking

8 Jun 2011 - RFE for original marriage certificate; requested supervisor review since we KNOW it was in the package!

30 Jun 2011 - SIF and CC - FINALLY!!!!

13 Jul 2011 - Interview date assigned! Scheduled for August 9th @ 10am

9 Aug 2011 - Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 Aug 2011 - Visa in hand

24 Aug 2011 - POE @ LAX

Oh and by the way... CONGRATS on your marriage! Fellow Aussie here in the same boat! Good luck with it all!

USCIS

NVC

29 Apr 2011 - Case entered into the system/Case number assigned; Medical Exam in Sydney

4 May 2011 - Received email reply from NVC for DS-3032; Received Medical Exam results

20 May 2011 - RFE for missing IV package....still waiting on Police Certificate!

24 May 2011 - Received Police Certificate after 25 days (so much for 7-10!); IV package sent

8 Jun 2011 - RFE for original marriage certificate; requested supervisor review since we KNOW it was in the package!

24 Aug 2011 - POE @ LAX

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It is ok for her to print, sign, scan and email to you. I did that in my K-1 petition and we were approved. I also did it in my IR-1/CR-1 petition

Edited by Tero

Timeline

I could be wrong..but I don't think she has to sign her copy. You, the US citizen, have to sign your one...but your wife doesn't have to sign hers. I'm sure its in the instructions for the G-325A or I-130 I think. It says something along the lines of 'a completed and signed G-325A for you and a completed G-325A for your spouse'.

D. A completed and signed Form G-325A, Biographic Information, for you and a Form G-325A for your husband or wife. Except for your name and signature you do not have to repeat on Form G-325A the information given on your Form I-130 petition.

Timeline

Also, http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1 ...from the guides.

Filed: Timeline

thanks for all the replies, and i read the guidelines and i saw that i had to have both hers and mine signed but if i can just print and send it or scan it and send it in that would be SO MUCH better.

Tero -- i have read the guides that is why i am asking about the scanning and printing it like that, but i will re-read the guide and make sure no one has to sign it but me and if she does then i guess i will have her scan and it email it to me. Also is the processing time include just getting the immigration visa? or for the greencard???

KLS2010 -- thank you and i hope it all works out for the best.

Edited by apuzilla

D. A completed and signed Form G-325A, Biographic Information, for you and a Form G-325A for your husband or wife. Except for your name and signature you do not have to repeat on Form G-325A the information given on your Form I-130 petition.

Thanks... this is what I was thinking. I looked at USCIS again..but they have updated their site since I filed and now I can't find where it says this now :unsure:

I read the guide on here...and it does say signed for spouse.

USCIS

NVC

24 Aug 2011 - POE @ LAX

Also is the processing time include just getting the immigration visa? or for the greencard???

The processing time on USCIS is only for approval/denial of the intial I-130 petition. After that it goes to the NVC and then (I'm assuming.. since your wife has returned to Australia) on to the conuslate in Sydney.

USCIS processing goal is 5 months

NVC ?? - from what I am seeing on here about a month?? please correct me if I'm wrong!

Sydney consulate - according to what I've seen on US Embassy/Consulate website usually 2-3 months.

Soooo.... we will be here a while :(

USCIS

NVC

24 Aug 2011 - POE @ LAX

Timeline

thanks for all the replies, and i read the guidelines and i saw that i had to have both hers and mine signed but if i can just print and send it or scan it and send it in that would be SO MUCH better.

Tero -- i have read the guides that is why i am asking about the scanning and printing it like that, but i will re-read the guide and make sure no one has to sign it but me and if she does then i guess i will have her scan and it email it to me. Also is the processing time include just getting the immigration visa? or for the greencard???

The processing time is just how long (on average) it should take the USCIS to approve your initial petition. After their approval, your petition still has to go through NVC and then to the Consulate, which would schedule an interview to determine whether or not to issue the beneficiary a visa (this would take months). If issued a visa, the beneficiary comes to the US (deals with the POE)and a greencard would be mailed to your address afterwards. Greencard is issued after the beneficiary arrives the country.

Edited by Tero

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

if you married in us just after two weeks do not do adjustment of status in us because you may be acused of visa fraud. it is ok that you got married but petition for her I 130 it may take time but it is legal and safe

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

if you married in us just after two weeks do not do adjustment of status in us because you may be acused of visa fraud. it is ok that you got married but petition for her I 130 it may take time but it is legal and safe

His wife has already left the US and is back in Australia

Nick (USC) and Amy (UKC)

03/08 - Met at University in Albuquerque, NM

08/08 - Back to UK for a few years of travelling UK>US!

10/10 - Wedding Day!

s88ndknc8v.png

USCIS

11/16/10: I-130 package mailed

11/18/10: Express Mail tracking shows delivered

11/23/10: Online banking shows check cleared!

11/26/10: Touched

11/29/10: NOA1 arrives!(dated as 11/18/10)

03/17/11: Touched

04/08/11: I-130 APPROVAL!!

141 days from NOA1 to NOA2

NVC

27/04/11: Emailed Choice of Agent form

~{gap as I spent the summer in England}~

03/11/11: Paid AOS and IV fees

04/11/11: AOS and IV fees shown as PAID

08/11/11: AOS Packet sent

09/11/11: IV Packet sent

18/11/11: RFE received requesting AOS packet (which had already been sent)

21/11/11: RFE received requesting 2010 tax return

22/11/11: Sent 2010 tax return

29/11/11: CASE COMPLETE!!!

26 days through NVC

EMBASSY

10/12/11: Medical @ Bentnick Mansions

30/01/12: Interview @ 9am [APPROVED!!]

01/02/12: Passport with visa inside, and medical packet arrive via courier

02/03/12: Flight to Denver!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.