Andy and Pui

I-129F wrote the petitioner's last name wrong NOA2 accepted

10 posts in this topic

Sorry if this is in the wrong place to post this. Please move if I have posted in the wrong spot.

We received our NOA2 on Monday the email not the hard copy yet. When we looked at the NOA1 today we realized her last name is WRONG we looked at the I-129F and realized we typed it WRONG. On the G-325A we have her last name correct. I am the USC. I really only have myself to blame. Will we have to start all over? Can we get it corrected? Friday I called the NVC and they did not receive it yet. I am not sure what to do. Please any assistance would be great.

Thanks,

Andy

AOS Journey

11-04-2011 sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

11-07-2011 delivered

11-08-2011 Date on text messages but did not receive until 11-22-2011

11-23-2011 Check cashed.

11-25-2011 Hard copies of NOA1s

12-06-2012 Pui's Brother unexpectly passes away and we make an info pass appointment and receive an emergancy AP so she can return home. Pui leaves for Thailand for 2 weeks.

12-06-2012 Get a text message and email that she received an RFE

12-12-2012 RFE for original birth certificate. I swear we sent it along with a certificate translation of it.

12-20-2012 Pui returns from Thailand.

12-21-2012 We send the RFE back for with original birth certificate along with a new certificate of translation(I had to wait for her to return for her to sign)

12-26-2012 text and email they have received the RFE.

12-29-2012 Appointment for biometrics is 01-23-2012

01-13-2012 AP is approved.

01-23-2012 Biometrics appointment. Later during the evening the text and email saying the EAD is approved.

01-31-2012 EAD/AP combo card arrives.

05-22-2012 Email and text card is in production!

Sorry Let me correct that. It is the beneficiary's last name that was spelled wrong on the I-129f and spelled correct on the G-325a.

AOS Journey

11-07-2011 delivered

11-23-2011 Check cashed.

12-06-2012 Pui's Brother unexpectly passes away and we make an info pass appointment and receive an emergancy AP so she can return home. Pui leaves for Thailand for 2 weeks.

12-12-2012 RFE for original birth certificate. I swear we sent it along with a certificate translation of it.

12-21-2012 We send the RFE back for with original birth certificate along with a new certificate of translation(I had to wait for her to return for her to sign)

01-23-2012 Biometrics appointment. Later during the evening the text and email saying the EAD is approved.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Sorry if this is in the wrong place to post this. Please move if I have posted in the wrong spot.

We received our NOA2 on Monday the email not the hard copy yet. When we looked at the NOA1 today we realized her last name is WRONG we looked at the I-129F and realized we typed it WRONG. On the G-325A we have her last name correct. I am the USC. I really only have myself to blame. Will we have to start all over? Can we get it corrected? Friday I called the NVC and they did not receive it yet. I am not sure what to do. Please any assistance would be great.

Thanks,

Andy

Relax. This is a minor mistake that can be cleared up. What is important is the case number at this point. The case will pass thru NVC with the name as submitted where it will get a new case number. It will be approved & sent on to the embassy.

I suggest you wait to get that new case number & then send a message to the consulate to get the name corrected. In BKK all cases go to the consulate section & are transfered to the visa section.You as a USC can ask the consulate section to help notify the visa section. Email the duty officer there after you have the NVC case number.

Additionaly your fiancee can buy a special pin number at a Thai post office that allows her to call directly into the embassy. She could attempt to explain the situation & ask for help.

Thank you for the reassurance Ning. I just looked at my mail today and I got the hard copy of the NOA2 and her last name is spelled wrong on that as well. Another thing is we have to bring the NOA2 to the AOS and the NOA2 will have the wrong last name.

AOS Journey

11-07-2011 delivered

11-23-2011 Check cashed.

Timeline

Thank you for the reassurance Ning. I just looked at my mail today and I got the hard copy of the NOA2 and her last name is spelled wrong on that as well. Another thing is we have to bring the NOA2 to the AOS and the NOA2 will have the wrong last name.

I dont want to be critical here but as I read what you wrote I become confused. First you say you have the NOA 2 with the name spelled wrong. Then you say you are worried about the impact at the AOS meeting.

She hasnt inteviewed for the visa. The AOS hasnt been filed. That meeting wont happen for about one year. ???? Do you mean the K 1 interview?

The last reference to the name problem says the NOA 2 has the wrong name. Is it spelled wrong or is it totaly wrong?

Sorry let me try and start over, I was really worried earlier today. Not sure if a mod can change the topic from petitioner's to beneficiary's or not because that is what I meant to say

Right now I am in a k-1 and just received the NOA2 today in the mail. When I looked at the NOA1 from September and the NOA2 from today I realized the beneficiary's last name was spelled wrong missing 1 letter in the middle of the last name. After looking at the I-129f is where we misspelled her last name. On the G-325a we have her last name spelled the correct way.

On Friday I called the NVC and they had not received our paperwork so I am guessing it will be there by Tuesday or Wednesday because Monday is a holiday. At what point do I try and get the name corrected at the NVC or at the embassy in Bangkok? Would I ever receive a new NOA2 with the correct last name?

The reason I said the AOS is because I know for the AOS I have to bring the NOA2 I received today. I know this will be long down the road.

Sorry for the confusion. If you still have questions please let me know. I was just freaking out earlier today and thinking about to much at one time.

AOS Journey

11-07-2011 delivered

11-23-2011 Check cashed.

Timeline

Sorry let me try and start over, I was really worried earlier today. Not sure if a mod can change the topic from petitioner's to beneficiary's or not because that is what I meant to say

Right now I am in a k-1 and just received the NOA2 today in the mail. When I looked at the NOA1 from September and the NOA2 from today I realized the beneficiary's last name was spelled wrong missing 1 letter in the middle of the last name. After looking at the I-129f is where we misspelled her last name. On the G-325a we have her last name spelled the correct way.

On Friday I called the NVC and they had not received our paperwork so I am guessing it will be there by Tuesday or Wednesday because Monday is a holiday. At what point do I try and get the name corrected at the NVC or at the embassy in Bangkok? Would I ever receive a new NOA2 with the correct last name?

The reason I said the AOS is because I know for the AOS I have to bring the NOA2 I received today. I know this will be long down the road.

Sorry for the confusion. If you still have questions please let me know. I was just freaking out earlier today and thinking about to much at one time.

Back to relax.

The case will be scanned into the NVC system in a few days. A K 1 goes thru NVC quickly, then on to BKK. It will arrive at the consulate section within about 10 days of them sending it. They take no action on the case but it still takes a few days to transfer it across the street to the visa section.

My suggestion is to have the correction done in BKK. You as a USC could ask the consulate to help you notify the visa section. If you want to do that send email to the duty officer at the consulate.

You could attempt to contact the visa section as well. They are at times unresponsive when using the email. Its worth a try. If you do either of these things you will need to give them the NVC case number or the USCIS number.

Your fiance could buy the pin number I suggested & use it to call into the embassy visa section. This allows her a certian number of calls per pin number. She can ask any visa related questions.

This visa will be put in her passport which will of course have her correct name. That is what is critical here.

You do not have to have the NOA 2 for the AOS meeting but if you want you could take what you have now. You will need I D to get in. You will have the invitation letter to show at the door. At the meeting you could explain.

• 4 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi, I was wondering how did you resolve the issue with the wrong last name. I am having the same problem and I've emailed the consulate many time and they gave me a different answer every time. I am not sure what to do at this point. Pls help.

Hi, I was wondering how did you resolve the issue with the wrong last name. I am having the same problem and I've emailed the consulate many time and they gave me a different answer every time. I am not sure what to do at this point. Pls help.

What I did was email the embassy and said the last name was spelled wrong on the NOA2. They replied back requesting that we send in the info page of her passport and mail(snail mail) it to the embassy. They said it could be sent with packet 3 so we sent it in with packet 3. In Thailand I think they request that page from everybody when they send in packet 3. After that we had no problems and when they emailed us her interview date they had her corrected last name. Nothing was said about it at her interview but we were prepared to answer questions about at the interview.

What stage are you at? Is your paperwork at the embassy now? You might want to ask in the China regional forums and see if anybody there has had the same problem. If you got any more questions let me know. Good luck on your journey.

AOS Journey

11-07-2011 delivered

11-23-2011 Check cashed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

What I did was email the embassy and said the last name was spelled wrong on the NOA2. They replied back requesting that we send in the info page of her passport and mail(snail mail) it to the embassy. They said it could be sent with packet 3 so we sent it in with packet 3. In Thailand I think they request that page from everybody when they send in packet 3. After that we had no problems and when they emailed us her interview date they had her corrected last name. Nothing was said about it at her interview but we were prepared to answer questions about at the interview.

What stage are you at? Is your paperwork at the embassy now? You might want to ask in the China regional forums and see if anybody there has had the same problem. If you got any more questions let me know. Good luck on your journey.

You should be OK, as along as you bring doc to prove the correct name at the time of interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.