VolimTe

interview approved..airline ticket now

10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, recently my fiance's interview was approved :) finally its that part where we have to buy the airline ticket :)) well my question is can i buy it here just like a regular ticket just like i buy it when i go visit him overseas?dnno if if he had to have a different type of ticket...most of the time now they only give out electronic airline tickets sent in the email or by mail at home....i want to buy it for him

also, why do ppl buy round trip tickets for fiance visa?

id appreciate any help

A ticket should be a ticket. You can usually buy a ticket online and he can pick it up at the airline counter. He may or may not have to show a copy of the credit card used to purchase the ticket. That may depend on the airline used.

Some people purchase round trip tickets as they might be cheaper than a one-way ticket. If you use a round trip ticket, be sure and call the airline and cancel the return trip if it is not going to be used (after arrival) so that there is not any confusion later in the process.

John

Edited by John+Lourdelie

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This has been on my mind too. When the time comes I want to go the Philippines to get my fiancee. Would it be a problem to purchase two round

trip tickets on line even though her ticket would be only used to come back with me? Would the airlines have a problem with the fact that her seat

would not be used going to the Philippines, but only used to come back? Just wondering...

WHAT if i bought a ticket for him????????? :S first time that i have everrrrrrr heard dat they check credit cards or copies of it haha...the ticket has to be on his name?? :/ dnno why wld they do dat ... did anyone have this experience

WHAT if i bought a ticket for him????????? :S first time that i have everrrrrrr heard dat they check credit cards or copies of it haha...the ticket has to be on his name?? :/ dnno why wld they do dat ... did anyone have this experience

Hi

Just to say that I book my flights and get the ticket by email. I then print this out and show it at the flight desk. They give me the boarding pass with no problems.

Anyone can buy a ticket this way as you can just forward the e-ticket for your fiancee/fiance to print.

Also it's a lot cheaper to buy a return ticket, usually quite a lot too. If your partner doesn't use the return the airline will usually sell or swap the seat to someone else.

I hope this helps

Dave :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

This has been on my mind too. When the time comes I want to go the Philippines to get my fiancee. Would it be a problem to purchase two round

trip tickets on line even though her ticket would be only used to come back with me? Would the airlines have a problem with the fact that her seat

would not be used going to the Philippines, but only used to come back? Just wondering...

yes the airline will have an issue... if the first half of a ticket is not used... the entire ticket is cancelled and you will find yourself without a way for you fiancee to travel if you do it this way. It is better to buy a RT and not use the second half... but not using the first half you are screwed

can he cancel the return trip? i hope they wont be making problems at the airport asking why he bought a return ticket

they won't even ask about tickets

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I know someone on VJ had trouble with the credit card. Their SO had to show the credit card or a copy of it. It was unexpected and delayed the processed of bringing their SO here.

Also, heard calling the airline for tickets is cheaper and the online prices are higher.

02iqn7wnr.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here is a link for someone who had trouble using their ticket because they didn't have the credit card. A copy of the credit card with a letter from the card holder was not good enough either. It depends on the airline. This caused them to have to reschedule the flight. What a mess.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/293005-delta-flight-issue/

Also, I read another story about not using the return part of a round trip ticket, and they didn't notify the airline that they weren't going to use it. As a result, the airline manifest didn't get corrected and when they went for adjustment of status two years later, they were denied because of it.

Sometimes the round trip ticket is cheaper, but not always. In my case, it is more expensive. I would check the prices.

-James

James and Cynthia

08-22-2008 - Met my wonderful wife in the Philippines.
03-21-2010 - I proposed to her in the Philippines.
09-07-2010 - I-129F filed for K-1 Visa.
09-12-2010 - NOA1 confirmation email received.
11-02-2010 - I visitied the Philippines again.

02-07-2011 - NOA2 email recieved. Approved.
03-22-2011 - Case at USEM.

04-15-2011 - Interview Date. She passed.
05-01-2011 - POE

06-25-2011 - We were married.

-Life has been great ever since.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.