JaviMuri

Can I ask my senator for help?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

My case is already completed from NVC, but we are still waiting on an interview. My 6 months will be 3/6, can I still contact my senator to help get an interview date? Or since it's already complete I'm stuck with waiting?

Thank you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

6 months was for USCIS.

Your casefile has been at NVC since 12/14/2010 - and you only had 3.5 months with USCIS.

hmmmmm...

At this stage, you should be calling NVC to inquire about 'the holdup' ..

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

6 months was for USCIS.

Your casefile has been at NVC since 12/14/2010 - and you only had 3.5 months with USCIS.

hmmmmm...

At this stage, you should be calling NVC to inquire about 'the holdup' ..

Ok I called again and to see what happened. When I spoke to them he said march has been posted and we were not on the list. he said the Colombian consulate has a certain capacity and we will have to wait till the 2nd week of march to see if we made April. Is there anything I can do to assist with this interview date? Case was completed on 1/31/11. Can my senator help? Should I send an email to the embassy?

Thank you for the advice!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

case was completed on 1/31/2011 - but -

what date was the final review completed?

IF it was before the scheduling week, then you got hosed, for getting into the scheduling queue.

Otherwise, sorry, it is what it is - you must pay attention to 'the queue' and there are several at NVC.

'Case Complete' ain't the end of it, sorry.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Javi.Muri Did you get the name of your case officer in california from de Senators office i been waitting for 4 months and stuck on initial review .

I File 2 I-130 and havent get and update Other than NOA 1 on OCt 18 and Touch On OCT 26 2010.

Cogratulations You are flying true this process :thumbs:

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

My case is already completed from NVC, but we are still waiting on an interview. My 6 months will be 3/6, can I still contact my senator to help get an interview date? Or since it's already complete I'm stuck with waiting?

Thank you!

If your case is awaiting an available interview date with all the other cases going to the same Consulate, you would be asking your Senator to help you cut the line. I hope they would not attempt to assist you in doing so but if they did, I doubt they would succeed.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

you can keep looking for your case number BGT....0n the embassy webpage visa, immigrant visa scheduled appointments, they put up a new list the 15 of each month you can start looking for your bgt number time and date. good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I know on a K-1 visa at the Bogota embassy if you get your packet 3 paperwork there before the 15th of the month you get an interview for the next month. If the paperwork packet arrives after the 15th it's for the following month, or 2 months, exmp. Arrives May 12th appointment for June, arrives May 16th appointment for July.

Edited by On the Road Again

url=http://www.tickerclub.com/]e736e35a2b.png[/url]

Time is relative... The mind makes it slow, the heart makes it fast, our friends make it worth while, and words... make it timeless.

12/27/10 NOA 1 hard copy received in Mail

12/31/10 USICS Notification on Website

05/04/11 2nd notice of Approval via website and text message! Thank you Jesus!

05/09/11 2nd notice I-797 hard copy arrives in mail.

05/11/11 NVC receives approved K-1 visa

05/13/11 NVC ships K-1 to Bogota

05/16/11 K-1 arrives at Embassy

05/18/11 E-mail Packet #3 to Embassy

07/28/11 Appointment scheduled at Embassy in Bogota. # Visa Approved #

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.