abyaly

IM SOOOOOOOOOOOOO SAD

78 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

It won't be easy in the beginning, and you will be homesick, but it usually gets better in time.

Check out Wafin.You can put the name of your city in the U.S. and find local Moroccans and Moroccan-owned businesses. You can find mosques and Muslim-owned businesses on Islamicfinder. My husband wore a shirt for the Moroccan national team when we went to a cafe here, and he met another Moroccan immediately :-) He also found the place where people play informal soccer, met some people, and now he plays regularly with other Arabic speakers (in the beginning, he met only Spanish speakers, but he still had fun). As others have said, get into an ESL class also, both to build your English skills and to make new connections. All of this will help with the homesickness. But be open to making American friends also ;-)

Your new home won't be anything like Morocco, but if you keep a positive attitude, you will find things to love about it too. Good luck!

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I can understand your worries. You are leaving everything you know to a land unknown. Just know that it will take time to get adjusted, find work, and friends. My husband has been here 4 years now. It will be tough the first year. When Hachemi first got here he was shy and quiet. Hachemi could speak English, although not perfectly. When someone spoke to him, he looked at me like I needed to explain to him what was said. Now four years later, I cant get him to shut up. LOL. He has so many friends now. He learned to drive and now he goes everywhere by himself without me having to worry about him. He went to college, and earned a 2nd degree. If you are worried about being an Arab man married an American women, please dont. It has not been a problem for us. Here in the US there are so many diverse people, races and religions and many mixed marriages among these.

When you get here, dont just sit around and do nothing. Find a good computer English program. Hachemi stayed up many nights studying the English language. We live in a very rural area, so we did not have access to English as a second language courses. Maybe you will be lucky to live in an area that provide these services. He talked to his family every week on skype with webcam for hours. That really helped him not be so homesick. I hope you live near a Mosque so that you can meet people. At the time Hachemi came to the USA, the closest Mosque was a hour drive. Now they have opened a new Mosque about 30 minutes drive. He met an Algerian man, and about 7 or 8 men from Morrocco. They play soccer every Sunday and Hachemi has had a good time hanging out with them. As soon as you start working, try to put back a little money every paycheck in a savings account for a trip back home. It's very expensive to go home. Hachemi wouldnt go back home until we had enough money for both of us to go, so it took a little longer for us to save. (Four years exactly) We are going for the month of November, Inshaallah. Hachemi is so excited about seeing his family.

Congratulations on your approval. I hope you have a nice trip to the US and a wonderful reunion with your love.

Meriem (F)

thanks so much that really will help me what u told me inshALLAH evrything will be ok and i wish good luck for u too with ur husband thanks again

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Abyaly~

Just remember why you are coming to the US. I won't lie to you, it will be hard but just keep your mind open to new things. I know that my husband had a really hard time when he first came here, but I found a couple of mosques that are close by where he actually met some really nice people here. Just remember that the US is nothing what you think it is from the television! That is a very big misconcept that I know alot of people have!!

You will be miserable with the american food too. I found that my husband loved mexican food because it is very much like middle eastern food, so we are alot of mexican at first. We found a nice middle eastern grocery store and stocked up on things that he loves to eat and he did alot of cooking the first couple of months!

Just remember that as new it is to you, it is new for your wife to have you here and she will be doing so many things to make it easier on you! Have patience and things will go well for you!

Good luck!:thumbs:

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Timeline

Hi Abyaly,

When you are in the US and if you want to practice English at home, go on Livemocha.com. You can find me as RUBYMEADOW. I used to teach ESL to foreigners in San Francisco and I help people on that site. I'll help you with any questions you have. Also, it is a good idea to find the local mosque. Then you can speak Arabic if you want and make friends. There is usually activities that go on at the mosque, depending on where you are. Try to see this as a new experience, instead of comparing it so much with your life there. It is going to be a different composition from what you are used to. In time, you will adjust. Even I had to adjust, and I just moved from the North to the South of the US. Ha ha. Just be open to your new experience. Keep an open-mind about everything.

Take care and don't lose touch with people here.

Regards,

Lisa

thanks so much i will do thatb i can do that now or utill im there ?

Timeline

Abyaly~

Just remember why you are coming to the US. I won't lie to you, it will be hard but just keep your mind open to new things. I know that my husband had a really hard time when he first came here, but I found a couple of mosques that are close by where he actually met some really nice people here. Just remember that the US is nothing what you think it is from the television! That is a very big misconcept that I know alot of people have!!

You will be miserable with the american food too. I found that my husband loved mexican food because it is very much like middle eastern food, so we are alot of mexican at first. We found a nice middle eastern grocery store and stocked up on things that he loves to eat and he did alot of cooking the first couple of months!

Just remember that as new it is to you, it is new for your wife to have you here and she will be doing so many things to make it easier on you! Have patience and things will go well for you!

Good luck!:thumbs:

yes un are right and she's told me that too and she's worry too if i will be ok there or no

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sure, you can go on it now. It is free. You can do exercises to practice and people, including me, can correct them for you. Check it out, at least. I was trying to learn Arabic through it, but I am not a very good student.

Edited by Golden Gate

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Timeline

Sure, you can go on it now. It is free. You can do exercises to practice and people, including me, can correct them for you. Check it out, at least. I was trying to learn Arabic through it, but I am not a very good student.

i did but it's not work what can i doo ?

Timeline

WATA 7MAD ALLAH GHIR MALI SAHAL 3LAK GHADI TAKHROJ MAN HAD LABLAD S3IBA LI INSSAN MA3ANDO FIHA KARAMA CHADINHA GHIR FASSA ...KON RAJAL O7MAD ALLAH OFRA7 INSTEAD OF GETTING SAD.............GOOD LUCK SWEETNESS

la khoya mamtfa9ch m3aak khasak t3araf maghadich t3ich dima wa insan khaso ya7mad ALLAH fi aye haja wa usa machi jana haja whda khsa n9olo khairo fima khtaraho ALLAH wa chokran khoya

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

HI FRIEND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO IM REALLT SO SAD COZ I WILL LEAVE EVRYTHING MOM DAD SISTERS BROTHERS FAMILY MY FRIENDS AND MY COUNTRY THE FIRST TIME I WILL LEAVE TO FAR COUNTRY AND I DONT KNOW HOW IS LIFE THERE AND I WILL BE LONEY IM SURE WILL BE HARD AND IM SURE ANYONE LEAVE TO THERE HAD SOME MY FEELING I THINK THIS LIFE I HOPE I CAN MEET NICE FRIENDS THERE MAYBE THEY WILL HELP ME TOO OH I FORGET TO TELL U NEXT WEEK INSHallah IM LEAVING GOOD LUCK FRIENDS

Good Luck with your new life in America :thumbs:

Find a job you love to do, and you will never work another day in your life.

us-eg.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi,

Sorry, I just saw your post. Maybe you couldn't get on in Egypt, but you can get on here: www.livemocha.com. You need to create a sign in name and password. You are lucky you are in Arizona! It isn't such a shock, weather-wise. I am glad that things are working out for you here.

Regards,

Lisa

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Timeline

Hi,

Sorry, I just saw your post. Maybe you couldn't get on in Egypt, but you can get on here: www.livemocha.com. You need to create a sign in name and password. You are lucky you are in Arizona! It isn't such a shock, weather-wise. I am glad that things are working out for you here.

Regards,

Lisa

what you mean about Egypt really i dont understand are you talk about what can u tell me plz

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.