Marie1123

Looks like I'm getting a divorce

77 posts in this topic

I had to re-read your original post, because, quite frankly, I can't believe you haven't left his a$$ already. Then I caught the line about your parents thinking you're giving up too quickly... do they not know the entire story? I could not IMAGINE my daughter being in a similar situation and encouraging her to stick with it... I'd be helping her pack her bags, yesterday!

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Belize
Timeline

I'm the Immigrant.

As far as my parents, I guess they're from that era where people stayed married no matter how miserable they were, they believed in turning the other cheek. Frankly, I think it's a bunch of bull!

This is all so sudden, the marriage, as far as i Know was going pretty OK. Lord knows it wasn't perfect...he was staying out late a lot, money was always short for no appararent reason...now looking back it all makes sense. the worst thing in life is to feel like someone took you for a fool, and that's exactly how I feel.

09-26-05 Mailed AOS/EAD/130

12-23-05 Recieve Notice of Interview for 02-28-06 (77 days total)

02-28-06 AOS interview APPROVED stamp in passport (138 days total)

03-24-06 Welcome to America letter arrives.

03-28-06 Green Card Arrives error free

Removal of Conditions

12-01-07 Mailed I751 to VT (day 1)

11-13-08....Card Production Ordered (day 358)

N-400

03-16-2011 Mailed to Lewisville lockbox

03-17-2011 NOA date

03-23-2011 Check Cashed

Filed: Other Timeline
I had to re-read your original post, because, quite frankly, I can't believe you haven't left his a$$ already. Then I caught the line about your parents thinking you're giving up too quickly... do they not know the entire story? I could not IMAGINE my daughter being in a similar situation and encouraging her to stick with it... I'd be helping her pack her bags, yesterday!

I'm guessing the OP comes from a good catholic background and that's why she's getting this kind of 'support' from her family.

Let's see. He was sleeping with some other chick while she was in Belize. Sleeping with the same chick within a few weeks of their marriage. Doping. Dealing. Overdrawing the bank account from the money she has made from a good job (did you all look at the timeline and see where she works?).

This is the score as I see it - VJ Advice 1 - Family Advice 0.

I'm the Immigrant.

As far as my parents, I guess they're from that era where people stayed married no matter how miserable they were, they believed in turning the other cheek. Frankly, I think it's a bunch of bull!

This is all so sudden, the marriage, as far as i Know was going pretty OK. Lord knows it wasn't perfect...he was staying out late a lot, money was always short for no appararent reason...now looking back it all makes sense. the worst thing in life is to feel like someone took you for a fool, and that's exactly how I feel.

Hold your head high and stay proud. You are not to blame. You were naive in thinking that he would change... but who among us has never been naive, or had high hopes for change? Consider this a lesson learned and don't make the same mistake again. You have your entire life ahead of you. Don't let a man like this scar you forever. He's not worth it.

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

...I'm guessing the OP comes from a good catholic background and that's why she's getting this kind of 'support' from her family...

That's what I was thinking but I didn't want to assume... I am also from that sort of background, but as much as my parents were stunned by my news to divorce my ex (I had never complained to them or let on that there was any trouble at all - stunned is putting it mildly), they still put my happiness above all else...

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Belize
Timeline

Oh I'm definately not bailing him out and i've put a block on my phone to stop accepting collect calls. That's a big step to me.

09-26-05 Mailed AOS/EAD/130

12-23-05 Recieve Notice of Interview for 02-28-06 (77 days total)

02-28-06 AOS interview APPROVED stamp in passport (138 days total)

03-24-06 Welcome to America letter arrives.

03-28-06 Green Card Arrives error free

Removal of Conditions

12-01-07 Mailed I751 to VT (day 1)

11-13-08....Card Production Ordered (day 358)

N-400

03-16-2011 Mailed to Lewisville lockbox

03-17-2011 NOA date

03-23-2011 Check Cashed

I wouldn't bail his worthless ### out of jail either. Let him be somebody's bi t ch.

Amen, Sister Queen!

Oh I'm definately not bailing him out and i've put a block on my phone to stop accepting collect calls. That's a big step to me.

Well done!

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

You made your terms and expectations very plain in the beginning. Not only did he disregard them, he messed around and had a couple of children who you have apparently been supporting.

You surely cannot think for one second that you would be making a wrong decision in leaving him in your dust.

I'm so sorry this has happened to you. You put your belief and faith in someone, and had your love thrown back in your face. That is no poor reflection on you, but speaks volumes of him.

Best of luck to you and yours. May your new path be gravel free. (F)

1-21-09 Getting Naturalization documents together.

smiley-995.pngsmiley-996.png

Disclaimer: i dunno nuthin bout birthin no babys, or bout imugrayshun.

I just don't get it. Do you guys think I'm copping out, I was raised to believe that marriages were to last forever; I'm really beginning to feel like a failure at the mere thought of ending my marriage. I mean how the hell am I supposed to deal with 2 kids outside my marriage, yet he bitches the moment I speak to my daughter's father. Please Advise

:help::crying:

I seriously think you should cut the ties from this situation asap. I mean, of NO FAULT OF YOURS, he has no sense of responsibility... I bet if you spoke to any confident woman they would say 'cut and run honey....'

This does not sound healthy for you or your daughter. Don't be afraid to make the right decision. I think you know deep down what your gut is telling you. Over time you will look back and say thank God I got out of this mess when I did... Basically the sooner the better.... :thumbs:

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

This marriage is obviously shot. There are way too many problems to fix.

1. If any of those hot checks have your signature you must pay them ASAP. You are not responsible for the ones that he wrote.

2. I would look into the divorce laws in your state. Since you have not been married all that long and you shouldn't need some complicated settlement It may be simple enough to do yourself. It may just be a matter of filing a few forms. After visa / AOS you should be pretty good at filing forms.

3. If you want to stay here in the States you should use this thread to ask how that can be done.

It is a shame that your husband has so many problems, but he is too far gone for help now. The best thing for you to do is cut your losses and move on.

10 Nov mailed I 129F to TSC

16 Nov 29 Nov Notice date

3 Dec Received NOA 1

3 Jan 05 Please I just want to be touched

3 may 05 NOA2 E mail notification

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

11 May 05 sent petition to Bogota

18 May Packet 3 arrived

19 May Checklist taken to consulate

31 May Packet 4 delivered

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

Sometime in July Lucero came to US

13 Sept 05 Married

1 Nov 05 -USCIS recieved 485 and EAD

13 December RFE stupid things I should have included Returned very quickly

27 March received bio letter for New Orleans

7 Apr_06 Bio done in New Orleans

20 April 06 Touched on all applications

21 April Email received EAD approved

27 Apr Received EAD card

30 May 2006 Received appointment letter for JaX on 13 July 2006

13 July Interview successful approved

20 July Received green card

30 June 08 Sent I751 to remove conditions

25 July 08 Application returned erroneously incorrect fee

27 July mailed new application with separate checks

15 Sept 08 Application returned erroneously K2 not within 90 day timeframe

17 Sept Mailed 3rd application with mountains of proof of error copied Senator Mel Martinez

09 October 4th application package sent. This time they said the app signature page was a copy

10 Oct Sent package again 4th time.

25 Oct Received another NOA for Wife with $625 for the amount with one year extension

30 Oct 2008 Still nothing for step daughter. Checks still haven't cleared the bank

24 November Checks finally cleared the bank

February biometrics for wife Nothing for daughter.

I'm so sorry to read this but I agree with all that has been said. Dump his lousy a$$ before he makes your life any worse. Find a divorce attorney ASAP.

This may be too far out for you to think about, but do you want to stay in the US or return to Belize?

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I totally agree with what everyone else has said here so far, leave and never look back. You are young, sound like a great person and definitely do not deserve to be treated the way that this man has treated you. You gave up everything to be here in the U.S. with him and that is how he treats you?! He obviously does not care for or respect you or your daughter. I was married for the first time when I was 23 and he cheated on me multiple times and so on. I didn't tell anyone about anything because I wanted to be an adult and deal with things on my own, so when I left it was a big shock to everyone. I was ashamed for a while because I come from a strong Catholic background as well, but now I am older, wiser and no without any doubt that I made the right decision. Two years ago I married a wonderful man, who treats me like gold. I learned a big lesson from my first marriage and you will too. Everything happens for a reason and there are better things ahead in life for you. We are all here for you if you ever need to talk. All the best of luck to you and your daughter!!!

Edited by ChanelKitten

.png

09/24/04: Entered US as CDN visitor

11/20/04: Married in Las Vegas

03/10/06: Filed AOS

03/20/06: NOA 1 / I-130

03/21/06: NOA 1 / I-485

04/03/06: AOS Interview notice...05/11/06

04/05/06: Biometrics

05/11/06: AOS Interview....approved, pending FBI name check

05/12/06: I-130 approved

05/18/06: NOA 2 / I-130 approval

08/15/06: Email: 'Welcome to America' letter mailed (Day 151)!!!!

08/17/06: Email: I-485 approved & GC ordered

08/19/06: 'Welcome to America' letter rec'd

08/22/06: Email: Notice of approval mailed

08/25/06: GC Finally Received!!

05/15/08: Apply to remove conditions

It's OK to move on from a situation like yours.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.