Smarty

N-400 AM I ELIGIBLE??

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi everyone since i always get answers from all of you here i am again...

this time is for a friend of mine, his been married for 4 years to a us citizen and had his permanent resident card for 3

his only issue is that when it came time for him to get his 10 year permanent card they instead issued him a extenssion letter

and he never received the card, so the question is may he apply for his citizenship because technically he meets the criteria of having a green card for 3 years??

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

when you summited the 1-751 you received a receipt letter noa1 with a one year extension,then you should have received a aeppointment for your biometrics now you wait until your file is precessed if you was NOT approved you don't receive a 10 year permnanent resident card did they send you a noa2,you need to call and see what happen to the 10 year green card.or if it was ever approved,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

N-400 can be mailed 1 year after filing I-751 to remove conditions.

If I-751 has not been approved and is still processing, attach a copy of I-751 extension letter. However if I-751 has been approved a photocopy of 10 year green-card needs to be attached to the N-400.

Will need to attach evidence of a bonafide relationship for the whole 3 years.

N-400Marriagedivorcedocs.jpg

More in the guides...

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Hi everyone since i always get answers from all of you here i am again...

this time is for a friend of mine, his been married for 4 years to a us citizen and had his permanent resident card for 3

his only issue is that when it came time for him to get his 10 year permanent card they instead issued him a extenssion letter

and he never received the card, so the question is may he apply for his citizenship because technically he meets the criteria of having a green card for 3 years??

I got the same letter of extension two weeks ago, and our case was just lifted (no interview needed), and just yesterday got the official green card. They send it via USPS, (regular mail) but it has a delivery confirmation on it. I almost threw it away coz it looked like junk mail. I used the receipt number on the extension letter to verify that I was approved for the green card (two weeks ago), and shows up on the USCIS website. If you have that letter you can check your status. As to applying for US Citizenship, as long as your friend meets the requirement of living in the US with a permanent green card for 3 years and US citizenship is 3 years as well, you dont have to wait for the actual green card.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.