LoveinPeru

advice for a scared beneficiary?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi VJers,

I talked to my fiance yesterday (beneficiary) and he admitted that he is really scared for the interview. He had applied for an F-1 student visa before with my parents as his financial sponsor. They didn't ask him any questions about me, just said it was too weird that they wanted to sponsor him to study in the US and denied his visa. (we were engaged but wanted him to move here and study english and see how we liked living in the US together before we decided if the K-1 was what we wanted to pursue (we had lived in Peru together before that, so living in Peru was an option if we didn't like living in the US together)).

He is now really traumatized from these interviews. He said the interviewers were not nice at all. Does anyone have advice on things that I can tell him to reassure him? We have a super legit relationship (met while I was living in Peru, lived together for 7 months before I moved back to the US to earn some real money). We have lots of evidence, photos, plane tickets. We don't have evidence that we lived together though (should we get the landlord to notarize something saying we lived together?).

But in any case, the evidence is not the main issue. He is so scared it's starting to make him depressed and he even started crying last night. Any advice for making him less scared?

9/24- I-129F received by CSC

9/27 NOA1 received in mail

9/28- Check Cashed

10/1- touched

2/23- RFE email

2/28- RFE hardcopy

3/7- NOA2!!!!!

3/28- Interview! APPROVED!

4/7 - Jimmy arrives in the USA!

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Denials by the Non-Immigrant unit which is who handles F-1, do not normally effect visas like K-1 because they are handled by the immigrant visa unit, unless the same inadmisibility reason that bared the first application would still apply to the K-1, for example an overstay of a visa in the past.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

He has never been to the US and never been issued a visa. But he's petrified because of his bad experience with the interviewers before.

9/28- Check Cashed

10/1- touched

2/23- RFE email

2/28- RFE hardcopy

3/7- NOA2!!!!!

event.png

Filed: Timeline

It is my understanding that student, work, and travel Visa's are very difficult to obtain in Peru. You need prove many ties to the country to be approved. Being married to a Peruvian citizen is a heavy factor, plus owning a property, having a lot of money in a Peruvian bank account, etc, etc. They want to make sure you will not stay in the U.S. illegally, permanently.

This Visa is completely different as it is for staying in the U.S. permanently. Also, a U.S. citizen is saying they will support if this person becomes a public charge.

Maybe read him some of the reviews here on VJ from the Lima embassy? It seems like a no hassle embassy....Peru has good ties with U.S.

If you are going to Lima for the interview, assure him you will be there and also to just be honest. This visa is for people in love wanting to marry a U.S. citizen and to live in the U.S. Maybe also assure him if it does't work out then you will move to Peru. I am sooooooo ready to live in Peru if this doesn't happen. Maybe tell him to be scared about the plane....that is much more scarier than the interview! My fiance is freaking out about it now! :lol:

Timeline

thanks for the advice reinitarey. I've told him that it's different but he's still petrified. He's also scared I'll just call the whole thing off if he doesn't get the visa. I'm not sure if I would move to Peru (I lived there for over a year already), but I would move to a country in South America that he can move to also.

It looks like your interview will be coming up soon!? Keep me updated about the process and how everything goes!

9/28- Check Cashed

10/1- touched

2/23- RFE email

2/28- RFE hardcopy

3/7- NOA2!!!!!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Denials by the Non-Immigrant unit which is who handles F-1, do not normally effect visas like K-1 because they are handled by the immigrant visa unit, unless the same inadmisibility reason that bared the first application would still apply to the K-1, for example an overstay of a visa in the past.

What kind of overstay? I have a 60 day overstay (i-94 expired) on a B1/B2 visa.

Should I disclose the overstay in the forms?

:unsure:

I suggest you to support your fiance as much as you can. I've been denied (student visa) and I had a visa tourist canceled even though it was still valid at consulate in Lima before and I just went to my k1 visa interview a couple of days ago this time at tokyo embassy (since I'm a resident of Japan) they didn't ask me anything at all about the previous denial the only thing they asked was if I've ever been to the US, how many times and what I did there. I prepared myself for months and I can tell it went smooth because I asked everything to my fiance beforehand. I even asked about his family and lucky me they asked me about them too.

Hang in there. I totally understand your concern but as long as your relationship is real and you know enough your fiance would be easy.

24/06/2010 NOA1

01/07/2010 Touch

15/11/2010 Touch

17/11/2010 RFE

06/12/2010 Touch

07/12/2010 Touch

10/12/2010 RFE (re-issue)

04/01 2011 RFE response review

13/01/2011 NOA2 YAY!!!!

27/01/2011 NVC

01/02/2011 Consulate received

03/02/2011 Packet 3 received. Im not sure why they called P3 though it's just instructions

04/02/2011 Packet 3 send

17/02/2011 Packet 4 received

22/02/2011 INTERVIEW! and the best part is my visa was approved!

12/03/2011 POE Seattle int Airport.. OMG after surviving the worse japanese earthquake ever

25/03/2011 Wedding day

AOS

Day 1 AOS filed

Day 26 NOA1 email

8/17/2011 Green Card.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.