rdsey

Im back with the out come of my case!!!!!!!!!

15 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Because it has been a while since I been on I will summerize my issues.

My husband and I meet on line, he came to move with my children and I.

We married, he had issues with my children.

Soon after he got his temp. GC he moved to Texas.

There is when I found out he was and had been on the single line.

He moved from Texas to New York.He was there for a year before moving back with me in Oklahoma.

All this time he continued to make me believe our marriage was worth fighting for.

While in the house he complained and lied on my children. He even said they did things when they were not there. Our marriage all the way through was a rollercoaster. He never got of the single lines either.

I finally had enough and permentaly put him out.

All through our problems I took information to Immugrations. I showed them his single profiles. Letters to other females and proff that he was not living in my household.

April 2010 our interview for his Removal of Conditions was video taped, and I hid nothing. He lied. He even told them we lived together and my young children live together in my house by them selves. He tried to get them to think we were together and I assured them we were not. When we left there he knew he was going to be in trouble because I would not lie for him.

The ladies that did the interview said they knew he as lying but he received his Removal of Conditions!!! I was not at all happy about that! I wanted my name off his paper work.......

Rashell

Why did you go to the interview? Can you appeal this? If you told them that you'll were separated, how did you'll get a interview as a couple? I would appeal if I informed them that we were separated, and I would demand an explanation on what basis did he ROC from his GC. If they ROC because he was able to provide a divorce decree, then i would move on.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Wow sorry to hear this......

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Timeline

Why did you go to the interview? Can you appeal this? If you told them that you'll were separated, how did you'll get a interview as a couple? I would appeal if I informed them that we were separated, and I would demand an explanation on what basis did he ROC from his GC. If they ROC because he was able to provide a divorce decree, then i would move on.

I went because I wanted to tell them the truth. This was not my 1st time going to talk with them. Had I not gone he could have did the interview himself and made an excuss as to why I was not there. I wonder if I could appeal. I have no info on his stuff and can not get info. Immugrations told me it was his own personal case and I have nothing although I did the application I have nothing to do with it.......

Rashell

I went because I wanted to tell them the truth. This was not my 1st time going to talk with them. Had I not gone he could have did the interview himself and made an excuss as to why I was not there. I wonder if I could appeal. I have no info on his stuff and can not get info. Immugrations told me it was his own personal case and I have nothing although I did the application I have nothing to do with it.......

So, if you had nothing to do with it as stated by immigrations what evidence did he use to say you'll had a on-going marriage? The appeal would only be valid if he sumitted invalid evidence on the marriage. Did you sign the ROC form?

Timeline

So, if you had nothing to do with it as stated by immigrations what evidence did he use to say you'll had a on-going marriage? The appeal would only be valid if he sumitted invalid evidence on the marriage. Did you sign the ROC form?

No Im saying when I went to Immugrations to get info on his case and the officer said she could not give me that info because it was his case, not mine....my statement was I was the one petitioned for him, she said thats why we tell yall to make sure this is what u want to do before u do it. I thought it was legit so yes I did it,this was last time because my ex left saying he was going to Europe to see is mom because she was sick.....he didnt go there and he said he went to Counselt of Georgia to get passport to go......he was gone for a month IDK were he was.

Rashell

Is this correct, you signed the ROC papers, and when he had an interview date, you went to the interview. At that time were you and your husband separated and had either one of you're initiated the divorce proceeding? If not, then the ROC was processed correctly.

Timeline

Is this correct, you signed the ROC papers, and when he had an interview date, you went to the interview. At that time were you and your husband separated and had either one of you're initiated the divorce proceeding? If not, then the ROC was processed correctly.

I did the paper work in hopes of us making it work.......later I filled for divorce, of course he refussed to sign, he convinced me to go to marriage counseling which now I think was a cover up to make it seem as if we were working it out. Whe we went to interview they knew I had filled divorce and the interview did not look good for him because of his lies we did interview seperate then they called me back a second time to ask questions that he had answered to such as why was I not wearing my wedding ring..........I felt like we were not married but he told them I took it off when washing hands and forgot to put it on......do we live together and my kids live alone which was a lie. I poured my heart out to them explaining I did not want to be the reason he get his ROC.

Rashell

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Because it has been a while since I been on I will summerize my issues.

My husband and I meet on line, he came to move with my children and I.

We married, he had issues with my children.

Soon after he got his temp. GC he moved to Texas.

There is when I found out he was and had been on the single line.

He moved from Texas to New York.He was there for a year before moving back with me in Oklahoma.

All this time he continued to make me believe our marriage was worth fighting for.

While in the house he complained and lied on my children. He even said they did things when they were not there. Our marriage all the way through was a rollercoaster. He never got of the single lines either.

I finally had enough and permentaly put him out.

All through our problems I took information to Immugrations. I showed them his single profiles. Letters to other females and proff that he was not living in my household.

April 2010 our interview for his Removal of Conditions was video taped, and I hid nothing. He lied. He even told them we lived together and my young children live together in my house by them selves. He tried to get them to think we were together and I assured them we were not. When we left there he knew he was going to be in trouble because I would not lie for him.

The ladies that did the interview said they knew he as lying but he received his Removal of Conditions!!! I was not at all happy about that! I wanted my name off his paper work.......

Sorry to hear he used you, I think everything turned out the way he wanted it to. It seems like he did everything possible to ensure that you threw him out and he got it. This is one of the latest "419" these men are playing these days, it is so sad and it causes a lot of problems for the couples who have true marriages and are sincerely trying to join their loved one. At this point I say cut your loss and move on with your life, keeping him at bay from you and your children. He will get what is coming to him....

May your VJ be a fruitful one! Dad petition for Nne Visa type: Family Based 2APD - Jan 27, 20071st interview..12/14/2010Appointment for DNA Collection in Nig..March 30,2011VISA GRANTED!!!!!!!!! No questions...May 23rd, 2011Mom petition for DuumVisa type: Family Based 2BPD...............May 21, 2005Approval notice..June 10, 2009Received Choice of Agent.........October 15, 2010Mailed CoA to NVC................Dec 17, 2010IV bill generated................Jan 04, 2011IV bill & AOS bill rec'd & paid..Jan 10, 2011AOS mailed to NVC................Jan 14, 2011IV packet mailed to NVC..........Feb 01, 2011IV packet received by NVC........Feb 14, 2011Case completed at NVC............Feb 23rd, 2011Interview...................................June 14, 2013 DNA sample collection for July 8Visa approval upon receipt of DNA result.. Now in the USA! (Sept, 2013)<p>Dad petition for ZeeVisa type: Family Based 2B - Upgraded to F1 12/2011PD...............Jan 27,2007 Approval notice..Aug 06, 2009, Rec'd COA & AOS request 12/16/2011 3/14/2014 interview.. visa granted! Dad for Kay FB2 - Upgraded to F1 12/2011 PD..........March 28, 2008Approval notice........Oct 27, 2009, Interview for 01/21/2016. Visa granted! no DNA requested!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You are lucky to be rid of him. Because many of these "men" are doing other shady things besides using US woman for green cards they will normally do what they have to to stay off the radar. Which means you shouldn't worry too much about him collecting means based benefits. You should however make sure that you get tested for anything he may have brought home and then take everything he left behind and put it in the bbq or fireplace.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I did the paper work in hopes of us making it work.......later I filled for divorce, of course he refussed to sign, he convinced me to go to marriage counseling which now I think was a cover up to make it seem as if we were working it out. Whe we went to interview they knew I had filled divorce and the interview did not look good for him because of his lies we did interview seperate then they called me back a second time to ask questions that he had answered to such as why was I not wearing my wedding ring..........I felt like we were not married but he told them I took it off when washing hands and forgot to put it on......do we live together and my kids live alone which was a lie. I poured my heart out to them explaining I did not want to be the reason he get his ROC.

This didn't answer LIFE'SJOURNEY's question. "Filled" means you wrote answers on a piece of paper. "Filed" means you took that signed paper to court and got an official court stamp on the papers and subsequently receved notice by the court about a divorce hearing.

So this is either a mis-spelling or it means nothing was actually filed and accepter by the court.

The court will not accept an uncontested divorce filing without both signatures. So that suggests to me you tried to file an uncontested divorce, and he refused to sign as you indicated. So it couldn't be filed in court even if you tried.

One of two things would have had to happen in order to file for divorce after that: either he decided to sign, which you didn't say, or else you filed a second set of papers you filled out for a contested divorce.

Can you please clarify for us whether there were legally filed divorce papers in court when you had the interview? Please make sure to spell correctly. I'm not nit-picking here. There is a big difference between "filled" and "filed" in this case.

Thanks

Edited by rlogan

Timeline

This didn't answer LIFE'SJOURNEY's question. "Filled" means you wrote answers on a piece of paper. "Filed" means you took that signed paper to court and got an official court stamp on the papers and subsequently receved notice by the court about a divorce hearing.

So this is either a mis-spelling or it means nothing was actually filed and accepter by the court.

The court will not accept an uncontested divorce filing without both signatures. So that suggests to me you tried to file an uncontested divorce, and he refused to sign as you indicated. So it couldn't be filed in court even if you tried.

One of two things would have had to happen in order to file for divorce after that: either he decided to sign, which you didn't say, or else you filed a second set of papers you filled out for a contested divorce.

Can you please clarify for us whether there were legally filed divorce papers in court when you had the interview? Please make sure to spell correctly. I'm not nit-picking here. There is a big difference between "filled" and "filed" in this case.

Thanks

I filed for divorce, your right he did not sign I had up to two years to go back with Dissolution of Marriage because he was served but would not sign. When we went for interview the divorce had been filed, they knew it because they had the papers and his attonery quit him because of all that was going on with our case and marriage. So no th divorce was not final nor had I signed the Dissolution of Marriage papers but we were seperated and the divorce had been filed. I goto court in the morning at 9am to finalize.

When we went for interview they had information on us that no one but the two of us knew and the filing of the divorce as well as issues within my family such as deaths, moves, school changes and etc.

Rashell

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you for responding rdsey.

But it is still confusing. There is a difference between signing an acknowledgement of receiving divorce papers from a court processs server: "Yes, I receieved the papers" and someone signing the divorce papers themselves. "Yes I agree to the divorce".

It looks to me like he signed no divorce papers whatsoever. So there are no divorce papers in court signed by him. I am also thinking he refused to acknowledge receipt of whatever divorce papers you filed in court. It is unclear to me still whether you filed for an uncontested divorce or a contested divorce.

You can still proceed with a divorce even if they do not cooperate by acknowledging receipt of court papers. But you have to do things like publish notice in a newspaper or whatever. I don't know your state laws but I am growing convinced that the interviewers, at the time of the interview, did not believe there was a legal divorce proceeding despite the fact you filed something in court.

You indicate you are going back to court to "finalize" something, but I am very interested to know what is actually going on at that hearing.

Timeline

Thank you for responding rdsey.

But it is still confusing. There is a difference between signing an acknowledgement of receiving divorce papers from a court processs server: "Yes, I receieved the papers" and someone signing the divorce papers themselves. "Yes I agree to the divorce".

It looks to me like he signed no divorce papers whatsoever. So there are no divorce papers in court signed by him. I am also thinking he refused to acknowledge receipt of whatever divorce papers you filed in court. It is unclear to me still whether you filed for an uncontested divorce or a contested divorce.

You can still proceed with a divorce even if they do not cooperate by acknowledging receipt of court papers. But you have to do things like publish notice in a newspaper or whatever. I don't know your state laws but I am growing convinced that the interviewers, at the time of the interview, did not believe there was a legal divorce proceeding despite the fact you filed something in court.

You indicate you are going back to court to "finalize" something, but I am very interested to know what is actually going on at that hearing.

When I filed for a divorce, yes it was published in the newspaper. Immugrations had the information when we went to our interview. He did not sign so it was a waiting period. When I went to court it was to finalize the divorce. Maybe they gave perm gc because we were married longer then 2 years. It was 2 years by the time we went to the 1st meeting.....ughh! Im mad at myself people warned me:(

Rashell

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.