JustAnotherID

Should I pay the IV fee now?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just got the IV Bills today, I filed for I-130 for my wife and daughter only last September, so there is almost no hope right now, I will be eligible to apply for US citizenship November 2012, chances are I will have to become citizen first.

So my questions are,

1)does it make sense to pay the bills now? Do I have to pay the bill again once I become US citizen?

2)since my wife is the principal applicant, do I need to just pay for her only? the note on the website said have to pay the principal applicant's fee before completing the processing(what does THAT mean?)

3/26/2008 Married

7/2/2009 kid born

9/15/2010 submitted I-130

1/14/2011 I-130 approved

2/1/2011 paid AOS fee

2/14/2011 received IV Bills

Filed: IR-5 Country: Syria
Timeline

Just got the IV Bills today, I filed for I-130 for my wife and daughter only last September, so there is almost no hope right now, I will be eligible to apply for US citizenship November 2012, chances are I will have to become citizen first.

So my questions are,

1)does it make sense to pay the bills now? Do I have to pay the bill again once I become US citizen?

2)since my wife is the principal applicant, do I need to just pay for her only? the note on the website said have to pay the principal applicant's fee before completing the processing(what does THAT mean?)

You are away beyond the priority date. I realy dont understand why DOS keep sending F2A fillers DS-3032/IV Fee bill? What are the facts beyond all these collecting payments...As i know you're payments is good to till visa approve/Denied at consulate section..Do not need to pay again.

You have to pay IV fee bill and complete the case within a year of issue IV fee bill generated, otherwise you need to pay again..it should says in Universal I-130 ACI.

I am very much curious about DOS/NVC's recent actions of collecting fees.

NVC Journey for my sister

09/14/2011: NVC case number Assigned

09/15/2011: DS-3032 & AOS Fee Bill Received

09/16/2011: DS-3032 e-mailed to Supervisor SUE

09/16/2011: DS-3032 accepted by NVC

09/18/2011: PAID AOS & IV FEE

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

So my questions are,

you got that through email or in actual mail. Same situationn in my case too. I should also be getting it soon. I would suggest pay it as you never know how it turns. they may move all again when oct approaches.

I-130 (F2A) filed NoA1-08/19/2010, Approval-12/25/2010 :) @CSC

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

So my questions are,

1) it is better to pay now. U don't need to pay again when u become citizen. NVC's Instruction says - After paying fees, if there is no activities/ response from Petitioner / Applicant Side of 1 year, then u need to pay again fees. Just make sure from your side that u response NVC after paying your fees.

2) I am not sure about this , but NVC will send u invoice and will mention how much u need to pay. Just pay exact amount what they want.

Good Luck

Timeline

thanks, as long as I don't have to pay it another time, I will pay for it.

immi_mygc, I got it from my email.

3/26/2008 Married

7/2/2009 kid born

1/14/2011 I-130 approved

2/1/2011 paid AOS fee

Timeline

Got another question, since my wife and kid are both Canadian citizens, is it possible they let them cross the border to the US at this stage for a brief visit or shopping?

3/26/2008 Married

7/2/2009 kid born

1/14/2011 I-130 approved

2/1/2011 paid AOS fee

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.