JoLingcm

Hello - newbie!

7 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

Happy Valentine's Day from the Cayman Islands. I just wanted to introduce myself to the group and say I love the content information and have found the site quite helpful and easy to navigate.

A bit about us:

My partner and I met Dec 2010 in a 'non conventional way' but knew from the get go we were meant to be. I'm from the Cayman Islands and he's a US Citizen (NYC). We've both had previous relationships that ended badly in divorce but have learnt a great deal about who we are and what we're looking for this time around and have found the perfect match in each other. We've only been dating a few months now, but already we both know that marriage is within the horizon. Right now we're in the LD (long distance) phase of our relationship traveling back and forth to see each other as often as we can.

I look forward to the support and assistance as I'm doing my research now, on which process is best for us and it seems that the K3 into the IR1/CR1 may be the best route.

Thanks all.

Our Timeline:-

10Dec10: Met online and began communicating

27Jan11: Dee to USA (our 1st visit). Became Official as a couple.

19Feb11: Dee to USA (Mike's Vday surprise gift)

14Mar11: Mike to Cayman (surprise visit)

21Apr11: Dee to USA

19May11: Mike to Cayman

20May11: MARRIED!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Welcome to VJ. My hubby came to the US on CR1 and has been here for a little over 3 yrs. I knew nothing of the immigration process before I met him. Wish I had found this site and learned before we file, like you are doing now. Hopefully you will have smooth sailing when you do file.

Jen

Thanks Aminah. I sure hope so. I believe in being prepared as much as possible.. I've printed my checklists and forms already to review with my partner as he finds this whole process very complicated :-). The good thing for me is that the US Embassy or Consulate for the Cayman Islands is Jamaica and it's only a 1hour flight away, so I think we should be good in that regard.

Thanks for your well wishes....appreciate it.

Welcome to VJ. My hubby came to the US on CR1 and has been here for a little over 3 yrs. I knew nothing of the immigration process before I met him. Wish I had found this site and learned before we file, like you are doing now. Hopefully you will have smooth sailing when you do file.

Jen

Thanks Ladydare.

I'm so thankful I found this site.

Welcome to VJ and good luck on your journey.

Hi MrsK-2b,

Im really glad that I found someone in my situation such as yourself!. Indeed there are alot of people on here who can offer loads of advise and who are quite knowledgable.

Good luck also on your journey as well. I'll definitely keep in touch with you to share ideas/comments/questions.

Hi, welcome to VJ!

I am in the same situation as you, my fiance (USC) and I haven't yet filed a petition(it's looking increasingly likely that we will take the CR-1 route), and I regularly read posts and guides on here to get the necessary info for when we do file. It's a wealth of information and there are some very helpful and knowledgeable people on here. So glad we found the site!! Like you, I have printed forms and checklists and we have gone over them a hundred times!

Good luck on your journey, whenever you decide to take it. :)

Goodluck on your journey! :)

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

• 1 month later...