CyberSamurai013

I-134 Affadavit of Support Question

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

With regards to the I-134 Affadavit of support, the standard supporting documentation is an issue for me. I am a retired (medically) military veteran and as such have no pay stubs, etc. I do have a letter from the VA showing my status and amount of monthly pay, etc. Will this suffice alone or do I somehow need to come up with additional documents?

xe4sm4.png

cQuqm4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

With regards to the I-134 Affadavit of support, the standard supporting documentation is an issue for me. I am a retired (medically) military veteran and as such have no pay stubs, etc. I do have a letter from the VA showing my status and amount of monthly pay, etc. Will this suffice alone or do I somehow need to come up with additional documents?

There is no strict requirement as to what does and doesn't qualify for the I-134 as evidence of income. A letter from the VA with official letterhead etc. should probably be sufficient. If you are concerned, you can also probably get something from your bank showing the money coming in at regular intervals (especially if you are using direct deposit). In practice, it's rare that there is a problem with the I-134.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I also collect VA Disability. I submitted mt letter showing disability benefits and amount I received each month also included bank statements showing this was the correct amount. I have done it this way for both the K-1 Visa and now using it for AOS (conditional) which she has interview tomorrow. Should you have time you may also do what I did and call the VA Call Center and ask if they could send you a letter with recent date showing your benefit amount (I had a letter that was 3 years old and it worked but just wanted the up to date proof which is always GOOD.

AOS:

Green Card APPROVAL for wife and stepson 02/10/2011

Revd'd Green Cards for wife and stepson today 02/19/2011

My timeline gives all the information

I have been following this topic, as I have the same question. My fiance is on full navy pension, and he received a notice of adjustment for his benefits starting March 2011, there gonna take out some more taxes. It's from the Defense Finance and Accounting Service, US Military Retirement Pay. We're also going to include approx 6 months worth of bank statements to back this up, will this be enough or does he need to contact Pension Dept. to get a letter. Please let me know, thanks. Maggie

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I have been following this topic, as I have the same question. My fiance is on full navy pension, and he received a notice of adjustment for his benefits starting March 2011, there gonna take out some more taxes. It's from the Defense Finance and Accounting Service, US Military Retirement Pay. We're also going to include approx 6 months worth of bank statements to back this up, will this be enough or does he need to contact Pension Dept. to get a letter. Please let me know, thanks. Maggie

Wait he is US Navy? What is his status? Retired? Curious because depending on his status he may be tax free like I am.

xe4sm4.png

cQuqm4.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I have been following this topic, as I have the same question. My fiance is on full navy pension, and he received a notice of adjustment for his benefits starting March 2011, there gonna take out some more taxes. It's from the Defense Finance and Accounting Service, US Military Retirement Pay. We're also going to include approx 6 months worth of bank statements to back this up, will this be enough or does he need to contact Pension Dept. to get a letter. Please let me know, thanks. Maggi

Is he retired from navy and gets retirement pay then he would also be filing tax papers, so as a added benefit to the tax forms sending a copy of the adjustment and 6 months worth of bank statements is good.

Now for me let me explain more I was discharged from the Army and receive 80% disability which is not taxable, so I had a letter from the Veterans Administration saying what I receive monthly, then bank statements since I have direct deposit. Just yesterday I received a letter stating I would receive more because of adding my wife to my papars so I will take a copy of that to the interview tomorrow to show the added amount.

AOS:

Green Card APPROVAL for wife and stepson 02/10/2011

Revd'd Green Cards for wife and stepson today 02/19/2011

My timeline gives all the information

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.