Angel Eyes Yuseef

MSN Chats

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

For all that has already submitted your evidence for your visa's K-1 or CR-1. I have heard that msn chats are useless since they are sent to your recieved files. I do prefer msn over yahoo, just that the web cam app is better for us and I don't get logged out of msn like I do on yahoo. Has anyone that used msn chats had problems later with uscis, nvc or at the embassy/consulate level.

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Are the chats dated? Should it matter where they are stored on the computer? Aren't you going to print them out anyways? I didn't send any chat logs when we applied or had our interview. I didn't want anyone to have access to our discussions. I sent a few emails spanning the time we were together instead. I feel like extensive chat logs are overkill and don't prove anything other than you chat online a lot.

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

For all that has already submitted your evidence for your visa's K-1 or CR-1. I have heard that msn chats are useless since they are sent to your recieved files. I do prefer msn over yahoo, just that the web cam app is better for us and I don't get logged out of msn like I do on yahoo. Has anyone that used msn chats had problems later with uscis, nvc or at the embassy/consulate level.

Thanks

I sent about 20 pages of MSN chats that we had from Messenger Plus or whatever it's called. We had no problems with them. Sent a couple cam screenshots too.

Yes there dated and have the users names. I just heard from another person that MSN was useless because there was no chat logs. HMMM

Are the chats dated? Should it matter where they are stored on the computer? Aren't you going to print them out anyways? I didn't send any chat logs when we applied or had our interview. I didn't want anyone to have access to our discussions. I sent a few emails spanning the time we were together instead. I feel like extensive chat logs are overkill and don't prove anything other than you chat online a lot.

I do have a few screen shots, that way they see that we use msn messenger and the pics from our cams. Just verifies things a little.

I sent about 20 pages of MSN chats that we had from Messenger Plus or whatever it's called. We had no problems with them. Sent a couple cam screenshots too.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yes there dated and have the users names. I just heard from another person that MSN was useless because there was no chat logs. HMMM

I do have a few screen shots, that way they see that we use msn messenger and the pics from our cams. Just verifies things a little.

If you install the add on, Messenger Plus!, you can save all your chats that way. It's a nifty little program, and the chatlogger is great, it even saves smilies in the logs. They are all dated and have times on them. It may be a moot point, however, unless you're frontloading your petition with them, because it seems the consulate rarely looks at the ones people bring to interview.

I included screenshots of my hubby chatting with my mom, sister and stepdad, so they could see that he has been in contact with them and there is family approval.

I added the messenger plus, i hope that this will help a lot.

If you install the add on, Messenger Plus!, you can save all your chats that way. It's a nifty little program, and the chatlogger is great, it even saves smilies in the logs. They are all dated and have times on them. It may be a moot point, however, unless you're frontloading your petition with them, because it seems the consulate rarely looks at the ones people bring to interview.

I included screenshots of my hubby chatting with my mom, sister and stepdad, so they could see that he has been in contact with them and there is family approval.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

We did not submit any chats or chat logs (or even emails) and were not asked for any.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think that was me. The attorney told me that the MSN chats were a problem because they came from my received files and could be edited, and there was no way to print out an account page or log, etc. For the RFE I printed out pages from Google mail, that shows the dates we were logged in and how many lines were in our chats. I didn't print out our actual chats. I also printed our account pages that had our names on them and the Google Talk home page that shows the friends list. Some people get through will nothing, others need more proof, and that's with chats, photos, affidavits, anything. It basically just boils down to the adjucator you get and what their requirements are. I don't know what office you filed with, but California seems to be a tough office and they've been handing out a lot of RFE's in the past few months.

Thanks

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

LIsa this is Nora. I could edit chats in Yahoo too. But I added messenger plus and now there is logs for MSN. I just do not want a lot of open accounts, because that makes them wonder too. Sometimes i feel this process your darn if you and darn if you don't.

I think that was me. The attorney told me that the MSN chats were a problem because they came from my received files and could be edited, and there was no way to print out an account page or log, etc. For the RFE I printed out pages from Google mail, that shows the dates we were logged in and how many lines were in our chats. I didn't print out our actual chats. I also printed our account pages that had our names on them and the Google Talk home page that shows the friends list. Some people get through will nothing, others need more proof, and that's with chats, photos, affidavits, anything. It basically just boils down to the adjucator you get and what their requirements are. I don't know what office you filed with, but California seems to be a tough office and they've been handing out a lot of RFE's in the past few months.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Oh....LOL.....I didn't know that was you all this time:) That's better, because now you can print out a log. Also my lawyer said the idea that too much information is suspicious is crazy. She got us approved in three weeks after our RFE so I think she knows what she is talking about:)

LIsa this is Nora. I could edit chats in Yahoo too. But I added messenger plus and now there is logs for MSN. I just do not want a lot of open accounts, because that makes them wonder too. Sometimes i feel this process your darn if you and darn if you don't.

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.