nottoolong

Birth Certificate file number

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

When I was double checking my I 129F, they ask for the date it was issued and mine was filed on a different date than my birth (like all...). Can I just type in the date I was born? Or would this matter?

When I was double checking my I 129F, they ask for the date it was issued and mine was filed on a different date than my birth (like all...). Can I just type in the date I was born? Or would this matter?

I believe that only applies to if you are naturalized and have a certificate of citizenship through naturalization.

I don't think you need to fill that out if you are a citizen by birth.

kitsig.jpg

K-1 Visa/ AOS Timeline:
(Detailed info on our timeline can be found here: About us)

ROC Timeline:

02/10/2014 - ROC Sent.

02/12/2014 - NOA1 Date.

03/11/2014 - Biometrics Date.

05/28/2014 - Card Production.

Timeline

I believe that only applies to if you are naturalized and have a certificate of citizenship through naturalization.

I don't think you need to fill that out if you are a citizen by birth.

Question 10 asks if your citizenship was acquired through (check one),and I checked Birth in the US. They then asked for certificate number, date and place issued. So I wrote my cert. number, date of birth and place. But they ask for date issued, and my issue, or file date is different. Just curious if my date of birth is sufficient.

Question 10 asks if your citizenship was acquired through (check one),and I checked Birth in the US. They then asked for certificate number, date and place issued. So I wrote my cert. number, date of birth and place. But they ask for date issued, and my issue, or file date is different. Just curious if my date of birth is sufficient.

See this example form.

I was correct in what I said earlier.

If you check 'Birth in the U.S.' you do not need to fill out anything further in that section.

It is for naturalization only.

kitsig.jpg

K-1 Visa/ AOS Timeline:
(Detailed info on our timeline can be found here: About us)

ROC Timeline:

02/10/2014 - ROC Sent.

02/12/2014 - NOA1 Date.

03/11/2014 - Biometrics Date.

05/28/2014 - Card Production.

If you check "birth in the US" then that's all you need to fill in for that question. No need for certificate number or date and place issued.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The cert number has to do with naturalization cert, if you are a natural born US Citizen, you have no naturalization cert number, simply put N/A there.

Follow the example form: http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-I-129F.pdf

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

The cert number has to do with naturalization cert, if you are a natural born US Citizen, you have no naturalization cert number, simply put N/A there.

Follow the example form: http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-I-129F.pdf

Oh, I see now... When I first filled it out, I saw that it asked for a certificate number, so I thought (without looking at the instructions...) that spot was for my file number from my Birth Certificate.

Thank you to the both of you for opening my eyes!!

Now, just to ask again from my other thread, is the way the address is written (in the instructions) from Lewisville ok? I have my other documents with that address already, so I want to keep everything the same. I apologize for asking such questions.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Oh, I see now... When I first filled it out, I saw that it asked for a certificate number, so I thought (without looking at the instructions...) that spot was for my file number from my Birth Certificate.

Now, just to ask again from my other thread, is the way the address is written (in the instructions) from Lewisville ok? I have my other documents with that address already, so I want to keep everything the same. I apologize for asking such questions.

For express mail yes send to Lewisville.For US post send to Dallas PO Box 660151 address is on instruction for 129f

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The USCIS Dallas LockboxFor U.S. Postal Service:

USCIS

P.O. Box 660151

Dallas, TX 75266

For Express mail and courier deliveries:

USCIS

Attn: I-129F

2501 South State Highway 121 Business

Suite 400

Lewisville, TX 75067

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=1872aca797e63110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD&vgnextchannel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Save a few bucks, and simply mail using the flat-rate priority mail envelope from USPS to the TX PO BOX. You can track this. Overnight "Express" wont save you any time.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

For express mail yes send to Lewisville.For US post send to Dallas PO Box 660151 address is on instruction for 129f

Sorry, I should've clarified from my other thread. The Lewisville address in the instructions is written, 2501 South State Highway 121 Business. I would think it should be Business Suite 400 on the next line (and I actually just called USCIS and they did say that). I would assume others have used what's written in the instructions and their packages have been received just fine.

Timeline

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=1872aca797e63110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD&vgnextchannel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD[/color]

Save a few bucks, and simply mail using the flat-rate priority mail envelope from USPS to the TX PO BOX. You can track this. Overnight "Express" wont save you any time.

Thank you. That's a possibility as well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.