JohnC811

Brazil Application for K1 Visa

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Does anyone know if the Application for Visa is now done online it seems they have switched over to the New I-160 form and from what I can see that the Interview date setting is now done online does anyone know if this is fact

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

DS-160 is for Non-immigrant visas like Tourist visas.

You can use the ON-Line DS-156 to generate a bar-code page.

DS-160: Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application (for all nonimmigrant categories except K, N, S, T, U applications)

DS-156: Nonimmigrant Visa Application (K, N, S, T, U category applications only)

http://travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_1342.html

Moving to Embassy/Consulate forum..

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

It now appears they are accepting either form, as one of the lines on the I-160 form now has under PURPOSE of your TRIP, the category OTHER, and a selection on that that specifically has, FIANCE(E) OR SPOUSE OF US CITIZEN (K VISA) In a drop down box, I did both anyway to be on the safe side. They may be in the process of upgrading to the new form

Edited by JohnC811

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

the I-156 is set to expire 05/31/2011 so this may be the case

OMB dates have to do with when a survey ends for the form having to do with paper work reduction act for Office of Management and Budget. It is not the form's expiration.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

DS-160 is for Non-immigrant visas like Tourist visas.

You can use the ON-Line DS-156 to generate a bar-code page.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_1342.html

Moving to Embassy/Consulate forum..

DS-160 online form has been used in Canada for K-1 visa since 2009. They also require a copy of the confirmation page and full printout at the interview at the embassys in canada.

I wouldn't be surprised if other places will or are starting to use the DS-160 in replacement of the 156.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

On The Brazil embassy page they only list the form ds-160 there is no listing for the DS-156, plus my confirmation page has a statement in reference to the I-129F requirements printed on it in Portuguese of course for my Fiancee

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

On The Brazil embassy page they only list the form ds-160 there is no listing for the DS-156, plus my confirmation page has a statement in reference to the I-129F requirements printed on it in Portuguese of course for my Fiancee

I think you are smart to do both just to be safe. It won't hurt anything. I do remember hearing awhile back that they were planning to switch to the new form, and given that spouse or fiancee is a choice, it probably will become the only form soon. Good luck with your interview!

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.