Ashley_Armando

ITIN Number for Taxes??

19 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

State also will be paper filing this time with blank ITIN.

Some states will advise you to put some codes like NRA etc. It will be useful to the state if you can put a cover letter, a copy of Federal return to show that ITIN is going to be used this year.

Loto

Thanks.

I emailed the state help line, but have not recieved an answer back. I am going to attach a copy of the W7 with the IRS stamp that it has been filed and mail it in ..unless I hear back from the state prior to mailing it tomorrow if they have different instructions. I'm leaving the block for SSN and ITIN blank.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it a copy of my passport notarized or a copy of my husband's? And why do they need this? I guess I understand if it's his, but not necessarily mine.

I looked the posting from other people. They disagreed with me. I was getting a different answer from different people. Some said single , some married filing seperately and other jointly. Today I went to IRS assistance center and talked with tax professional around half an hour. She told me that I have to file either filing jointly or married filing seperately. She told me:

1 GEt the passport copy notorized

2 Fill 1040 form and should be signed by both husband and wife

3 Get w-7 filled and signed from spouse

4 Submit w-7 along with 1040 at IRS assistance center or by mail to IRS

I am sorry I posted wrong information based on the H & R block and tax professional. When I asked her if I will have penalty, she told me that filing wrong information is subject to examination. Then I realized that it is better to file jointly as I get more return and a good proof that we are married. That is my thought. It is up to you.

07-23-2008 - Met in San Isidro, Nicaragua.

10-11-2008 - Officially Dating!

07-09-2009 - Engaged!

05-22-2010 - Married in San Isidro, Nicaragua!

**USCIS** 132 Days

11-29-2010 - Mailed I-130 Package.

12-01-2010 - I-130 Confirmation Delieverd to Lockbox; NOA1 Priority Date

12-13-2010 - Email Notification from USCIS for NOA1. Off to California!

12-14-2010 - Check for I-130 Package Cleared.

12-17-2010 - NOA1 (Hard Copy) Received.

02-28-2011 - Touch (For Entering Case Number into System)

03-18-2011 - Visited Hubby in Nicaragua for 9 Days

04-12-2011 - NOA2 ~ 132 DAYS!!!

04-13-2011 - NOA2 Notification Email

04-16-2011 - NOA2 Hard Copy Arrives

**NVC** 39 Days

04-25-2011 - NVC Received; Case Number Assigned

04-27-2011 - DS3032 Emailed from Petitioner and Beneficiary; Receipt Notice Received

04-28-2011 - AOS Bill Generated and Paid

04-29-2011 - IV Bill Generated

04-30-2011 - AOS Bill Cleared

05-03-2011 - IV Bill Paid

05-05-2011 - IV Bill Cleared; AOS and IV Packages Sent

05-09-2011 - AOS and IV Packages Delivery Confirmation

06-03-2011 - NVC Approval; Case Complete!

06-09-2011 - Interview Date Assigned!

06-30-2011 - Medical, 2pm --PASSED!

07-06-2011 - Interview, 8am

07-13-2011 - Pick Up Visa and Passport

07-14-2011 - POE, PASSED

event.png

• 1 year later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

It's quite easy really, if you follow these steps. You need to download TURBO TAX 2010, you cannot e-file using an ITIN, but it's straight forward with a bit of reading.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/294258-instructions-for-filing-taxes-with-spouse-outside-of-the-country/

Hi,

If you filing your Tax with your spouse ITIN then how you do with State Tax, what you tell them that you applied for ITIN? do you send same ITIN application with State return?

This is confusing to me, please help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.