Texas Proud

Hi all... starting my journey

113 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
She had a nice job... not great paying job, but a teacher at an art university..

She has a two room flat in the middle of St. Pete.. shows ownership..

No car.. bad there..

TWO children.. that were not coming on the visa...

But, unless I can appeal... it is water under the bridge...

Texas Proud, you just don't get it? It isn't about having a car, kids, husband, and flat. It's about having the things that you will want to return to in the eyes of the US consulate. To them her low paying job as an art teacher is something worth abandoning for any higher paying blue collar US job. The point is that, the things she has are all not worth keeping in the eyes of the US consulate and thus they issue a routine denial.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Welcome to VJ, and good luck on your journey :dance:

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
but I read the US site saying the things that you 'needed' to show you would return home and she had them... so I guess the site is not telling the truth.. lesson learned..
The site is telling the truth. Like you said you need to prove there is something to return to.

Returning to a $200 a month salary/job?

Returning to a small one bedroom flat?

Return to an old Russian Car?

In the eyes of the American consulate those are not the things a single young woman would want to return to.

However, if she presented documents stating:

She had a 5 bedroom cottage.

Husband and two young kids.

She is an executive of a Russian oil company making $5000+ a month.

Now those are things a US consular officer would consider having strong ties to which you certainly would want to return to.

Invitation from a boyfriend in America...and she has to prove she is not a potential immigrant just doesn't go together.

She had a nice job... not great paying job, but a teacher at an art university..

She has a two room flat in the middle of St. Pete.. shows ownership..

No car.. bad there..

TWO children.. that were not coming on the visa...

But, unless I can appeal... it is water under the bridge...

Yes, we need to visit a few more times to get to know each other better.. I will see about getting another visa to visit her.. or see if she wants to meet at a neutral site.. but I would like it to be with her children... I want to get to know them also..

Oh well, Memorial weekend!! Things will wait until next week..

How about.....Labor Day weekend??

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

CALENDAR!!!!!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

CALENDAR!!!!!

My calendar would not show Labor Day on it...then again my calendar says it is cентябрь. =P

K-1 timeline

05/03/06: NOA1

06/29/06: IMBRA RFE Received

07/28/06: NOA2 received in the mail!

10/06/06: Interview

02/12/07: Olga arrived

02/19/07: Marc and Olga marry

02/20/07: DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS Timeline

03/29/07: NOA1

04/02/07: Notice of biometrics appointment

04/14/07: Biometrics appointment

07/10/07: AOS Interview - Passed.

Done with USCIS until 2009!

Agreed.

But, you'll see that pretty soon, that calendar becomes really important on VJ. You may even start counting days!!!

(By the way, I don't ask for directions either. God invented GPS for a reason, and that reason was so men would never have to ask for directions again!)

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Is it true what they say? If you were about to respond with the "Yep, everything is bigger in..." I'll cut you off and let you know that I was going with the "Only steers and...." Anyway, just kidding. (I've got a few buddies from Texas, so I've heard all that stuff before... as I'm sure you have too!)

They talk about big things in Texas - but the fact is, Texas is so small that even if you cut Alaska in half, Texas would be only the third largest state. (;

Cheers!

AKDiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Filed: Timeline
Is it true what they say? If you were about to respond with the "Yep, everything is bigger in..." I'll cut you off and let you know that I was going with the "Only steers and...." Anyway, just kidding. (I've got a few buddies from Texas, so I've heard all that stuff before... as I'm sure you have too!)

They talk about big things in Texas - but the fact is, Texas is so small that even if you cut Alaska in half, Texas would be only the third largest state. (;

Cheers!

AKDiver

Heard it all before... but we do not count ICE as land down here :D:whistle:

Now, the trivia that some get.. but most miss... What are the states that are the farthest North, fartherst South, farthest West and finally, farthest East???

Timeline
Heard it all before... but we do not count ICE as land down here
Only because you don't have any.
Now, the trivia that some get.. but most miss... What are the states that are the farthest North, fartherst South, farthest West and finally, farthest East???
Well, Alaska is the furthest north, east, and west. Hawaii is the obvious choice for furthest south.

Cheers!

AKDiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Heard it all before... but we do not count ICE as land down here
Only because you don't have any.
Well, Alaska is the furthest north, east, and west. Hawaii is the obvious choice for furthest south.

Cheers!

AKDiver

Humm... good trivia question, but I don't quite understand how Alaska is farthest east, how is that determined? The international date line?

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
I convinced her that she could get a tourist visa to come visit, to see how Texas is, to meet the family etc... if thing worked out we would then start the fiance visa.. Well, she was refused the tourist visa... I do not know why as it just happened today.. I will get more info when she cools off..

It is exceedingly difficult if she does not have fairly substantial financial resources in Russia.

Meeting in a third country is a far more convenient option. We met in Paris.

I met my wife in the US, so seeing the states wasn't an issue in our case.

I would say that by far, the best all-around option (except for the expense) is an F-1/J-1 visa. Your fiance gets to study in the US, can see you as much as they like, and spend time getting acclimated here. The cost is tuition, payed in advance by you. I would guess at least $10,000-20,000/yr. They may be suspicious why you are paying for it, though.

If you do not intend to marry yet (sounds like this is true), you are not breaking any rules.

Getting married while holding such a visa is frowned upon, but possible. (K-1 would be the favored way)

All this being said, the most practical thing to do is get a K-1 visa when you are both ready.

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

Timeline
Humm... good trivia question, but I don't quite understand how Alaska is farthest east, how is that determined? The international date line?
Basic geography man. The Prime Meridian running through England splits east and west (equator splits north and south). Everything east of the Prime meridian is east, and everything west of it is west. The International date line doesn't split east and west per se, but it is 180 degrees from the Prime Meridian, and is the furthest you can go in either direction. If you cross it, then you're actually pretty far east/west, coming from the other way.

Semisopochnoi Island is part of the Rat Islands group in the western Aleutian Islands. At 179°46'E, it is the easternmost location in the United States and North America, as it sits only 14 minutes west of 180°, and therefore in the Eastern Hemisphere. NOTE THE "E" after the longitude. That means EAST. The western most point is Amatignak Island, 179'10'W. Note the "W" after the longitude. That means WEST.

So, Alaska is far more west than Hawaii, and is far more east than Maine.

Cheers!

AKDiver

It's the obvious winner for North too..... now what about South???

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.