Abby62

Criminal Charge after Cr-1 rec'd

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

It depends on the canadian statute under which he is convicted, for example "theft with an intent to temporarily deprive" need not make him inadmissible if the potential sentence is short.

I like the sound of that one, sounds like "Borrowing" with full intent to return shortly after, only to get caught.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Timeline

Sometimes the statute is too broad and covers cases that do not always make you inadmissible. So if you are convicted, you can argue that the court never found you guilty of "theft with an intent to permanently deprive" cause the statute under which you were convicted was too broad - so you are not inadmissible...

That's why a good lawyer can make a huge difference in these cases.

I like the sound of that one, sounds like "Borrowing" with full intent to return shortly after, only to get caught.

Edited by olympic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

It depends on the canadian statute under which he is convicted, for example "theft with an intent to temporarily deprive" need not make him inadmissible if the potential sentence is short.

Yeah, there are a myriad of different ways it could go. For example, he could admit he's guilty and agree to make restitution in return for the prosecutor dropping the charges. No conviction, but an admission of guilt. He'd still be deportable.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

That truly sucks for him.

I know that he did pay back all misappropriated funds as well as every single penny in severance they had paid him. They had even let him go "without" cause. Then they still charged him, doesn't make sense that they would still do that even though every penny was paid back.

I wish I knew more about the charge, but that's all he told me so far.

Feb 14, 2010 - Engaged :-)
Apr 17, 2010 - Married
May 24, 2010 - I-130 Sent to USCIS
Oct 20, 2010 - : I-130 NOA2 APPROVED..GOD IS GOOD!!!!! smile.png
Oct 26, 2010 : NVC Received
Dec 06, 2010 - Case Complete at NVC
Jan 24, 2011 - Medical exam
Feb 24, 2011 - Passed, welcome to USA
Mar 04, 2011 - POE - Detroit, MI
Mar 14, 2011 - SSN# Rec'd
Mar 24, 2011 - smile.png GC and Welcome Letter
Sept 19, 2011- Filed I-130 for my son (his step son)
June 14, 2013-APPROVED, 10 YR GC IN THE MAIL

Mar 3, 2014- N-400

May 12, 2014 Interview for Citizenship- PASSED!

June 12th, USA citizen - Oath Ceremony...all done here!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

That truly sucks for him.

I know that he did pay back all misappropriated funds as well as every single penny in severance they had paid him. They had even let him go "without" cause. Then they still charged him, doesn't make sense that they would still do that even though every penny was paid back.

I wish I knew more about the charge, but that's all he told me so far.

Double edged sword. On the one hand, paying back the funds amounts to an admission of guilt. On the other hand, depending on the circumstances, it might indicate he never intended to keep the money.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well in either case sounds like he was just trying to "right" a wrong. I have no idea why this company still wants to prosecute even after they got all their money back. Guess i'll have to wait till I hear more from him on this to see what happens.

Feb 14, 2010 - Engaged :-)
Apr 17, 2010 - Married
May 24, 2010 - I-130 Sent to USCIS
Oct 20, 2010 - : I-130 NOA2 APPROVED..GOD IS GOOD!!!!! smile.png
Oct 26, 2010 : NVC Received
Dec 06, 2010 - Case Complete at NVC
Jan 24, 2011 - Medical exam
Feb 24, 2011 - Passed, welcome to USA
Mar 04, 2011 - POE - Detroit, MI
Mar 14, 2011 - SSN# Rec'd
Mar 24, 2011 - smile.png GC and Welcome Letter
Sept 19, 2011- Filed I-130 for my son (his step son)
June 14, 2013-APPROVED, 10 YR GC IN THE MAIL

Mar 3, 2014- N-400

May 12, 2014 Interview for Citizenship- PASSED!

June 12th, USA citizen - Oath Ceremony...all done here!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.