BarnabasB

Before I send out my K1 Visa petition

8 posts in this topic

I just want to make sure everything is correct, in order and good to go.

I'm about to go make some final Xerox's today. I also want to check on a few things.

We've decided to file without the assistance of a lawyer, even though I have a friend who works for some lawyers who offered to do it VERY cheaply (like $200-$250 for everything)

A few of these I believe are pretty minor, but still things my baby worries about.

1. Probably the most important. I haven't officially pro-posed to my girlfriend, but for all intents and purposes, we've been planning on getting married for a few months...I just haven't officially popped the question on bended knee with a nice little engagement ring.

2. Do the Petition/1-129F papers need to be sent to the exact address listed on the checklist? My GF printed a Checklist and we decided to send it to the USCIS address in Lewisville, TX 75067. My GF Told me that it MUST be sent via Express Courier to that address. I was debating on sending it via regular USPS to save money, but she said that if I sent it to OTHER address I would need to reprint our checklist to reflect that change.

3. I actually accidentally overstayed in the Philippines by a week or two (past my passport visa). I had to pay $70 to leave, which wasn't too bad, considering I believe it costs at least $50 to extend your "Visa". I just hope this isn't good reason to call/use a lawyer.

and other minor things

3. When I copied all my passport pages, I stuck the Passport in the corner of the Xerox machine, and on a few occasions, I stuck it in upside-down.

So, EVERY single page of my passport is copied, but a few are turned updside down, and they're all in the corner of the paper.

4. All my Airline Boarding Pass stubs aren't facing the same way, 2 of them are facing in one direction, 1 is up-side down.

5. Do the papers need to be sent in any particular kind of envelope? My baby thinks it needs to be a "Brown" envelope?

6. So far, we have we have the following evidence. I want to confirm this is good and substantial

We have;

A. Airline Itineraries and boarding passes/receipts for trips to the US (for her) and to the Philippines (for me)

B. Passport Stamps

C. Facebook, Skype and Magicjack call and chat logs

D. AT least 15 Photos

E. A card with love notes written inside

F. Some SkyTower tickets from our trip to Chicago

G. Receipts for a prepaid phone she used while she was here, and a dolphin ring I bought for her.

Do you think this is enough? I would really like to know asap. My baby is giving up hope because I've had the papers for a few weeks and haven't sent them out yet. But I'm hoping to send them tomorrow.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

1) Fiancee letters of intent is fine.

2) USPS Priority mail is fine, makes no difference if it gets there overnight, or in two days. Save some $$ Also post office has handy flat-rate priority mail envelopes.

3) Nope, not an issue!

Please fill in profile details, and start and maintain a timeline!

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I just want to make sure everything is correct, in order and good to go.

I'm about to go make some final Xerox's today. I also want to check on a few things.

We've decided to file without the assistance of a lawyer, even though I have a friend who works for some lawyers who offered to do it VERY cheaply (like $200-$250 for everything)

A few of these I believe are pretty minor, but still things my baby worries about.

1. Probably the most important. I haven't officially pro-posed to my girlfriend, but for all intents and purposes, we've been planning on getting married for a few months...I just haven't officially popped the question on bended knee with a nice little engagement ring.

2. Do the Petition/1-129F papers need to be sent to the exact address listed on the checklist? My GF printed a Checklist and we decided to send it to the USCIS address in Lewisville, TX 75067. My GF Told me that it MUST be sent via Express Courier to that address. I was debating on sending it via regular USPS to save money, but she said that if I sent it to OTHER address I would need to reprint our checklist to reflect that change.

3. I actually accidentally overstayed in the Philippines by a week or two (past my passport visa). I had to pay $70 to leave, which wasn't too bad, considering I believe it costs at least $50 to extend your "Visa". I just hope this isn't good reason to call/use a lawyer.

and other minor things

3. When I copied all my passport pages, I stuck the Passport in the corner of the Xerox machine, and on a few occasions, I stuck it in upside-down.

So, EVERY single page of my passport is copied, but a few are turned updside down, and they're all in the corner of the paper.

4. All my Airline Boarding Pass stubs aren't facing the same way, 2 of them are facing in one direction, 1 is up-side down.

5. Do the papers need to be sent in any particular kind of envelope? My baby thinks it needs to be a "Brown" envelope?

6. So far, we have we have the following evidence. I want to confirm this is good and substantial

We have;

A. Airline Itineraries and boarding passes/receipts for trips to the US (for her) and to the Philippines (for me)

B. Passport Stamps

C. Facebook, Skype and Magicjack call and chat logs

D. AT least 15 Photos

E. A card with love notes written inside

F. Some SkyTower tickets from our trip to Chicago

G. Receipts for a prepaid phone she used while she was here, and a dolphin ring I bought for her.

Do you think this is enough? I would really like to know asap. My baby is giving up hope because I've had the papers for a few weeks and haven't sent them out yet. But I'm hoping to send them tomorrow.

Letter of intent is good as said before

Mail to Priority if you wish to

For U.S. Postal Service:

USCIS

P.O. Box 660151

Dallas, TX 75266

Depending on where your fiancee is from I would not include the love letters a bit over the top and cut your pics down to 10.

USCIS have so much to go through but if your petition is all organised and the evidence is precise all that you have will be fine. We placed all our documents together with paper clips and then placed in a large business envelope used for documents.

Please fill in a time line so we can see what stage you are at ok and good luck

Edited by Barbara J

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Letter of intent is good as said before

Mail to Priority if you wish to

For U.S. Postal Service:

USCIS

P.O. Box 660151

Dallas, TX 75266

Depending on where your fiancee is from I would not include the love letters a bit over the top and cut your pics down to 10.

USCIS have so much to go through but if your petition is all organised and the evidence is precise all that you have will be fine. We placed all our documents together with paper clips and then placed in a large business envelope used for documents.

Please fill in a time line so we can see what stage you are at ok and good luck

First my fiance is from the Philippines.

Okay, so you're saying that if I mail it via USPS to the Dallas, TX location and they open it and see the cover letter/inside documents have the Lewisville, TX location...it won't be a big deal?

Are you sure? Because my GF really wants me to send it ASAP, she's getting really tired of delays we've been having. She thinks it will be returned IF the address on the inside forms doesn't match the address that it was sent to. She's also concerned about the extra day or two it may take to reach the USCIS going USPS as opposed to FedEx. Does anyone know the price difference between USPS and FEDEX, or another express courier?

Also, are you saying I might have too much evidence?

Should I omit any of the following evidence?

Receipts for Pre-Paid Phone or Dolphin ring gift

Tickets to the Skytower in Chicago

Card with love notes inside

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Okay, so you're saying that if I mail it via USPS to the Dallas, TX location and they open it and see the cover letter/inside documents have the Lewisville, TX location...it won't be a big deal?

Are you sure? Because my GF really wants me to send it ASAP, she's getting really tired of delays we've been having. She thinks it will be returned IF the address on the inside forms doesn't match the address that it was sent to. She's also concerned about the extra day or two it may take to reach the USCIS going USPS as opposed to FedEx. Does anyone know the price difference between USPS and FEDEX, or another express courier?

I send mine to Lewisville using USPS priority mail with delivery confirmation without any problem.

Tickets to the Sears tower should be fine.

6 photos should be fine and put a date and place on the back. Photos are only secondary evidence.

Primary evidence are: airline boarding passes, passport stamps, hotel receipts, bank statement or atm withdrawals.

And try the search button and you will find a lot of old post might answer to your questions.

Good luck!

:thumbs:
My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

As I said I gave you the address from the USCIS web page, it wont be opened only by USCIS when they get it at their office.

And I never said to omit your evidence just said leave the LOVE letters out and have about 10 pics and write date and place on the back of them.

The rest of your evidence is fine.

I have sent everything here USPS express post and never had an issue.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.