Queen-O

DCF Filing in Nigeria

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Okay i have read through the forum and i am still confused. Here is my situation.

I'm a US Born Citizen and i am also a Nigerian citizen (i have a Nigerian passport). My husband is currently living in Nigeria. We got married last year August 25th 2010 (L) I have been travelling back and forth between the united states and Nigeria for about 3 years now. I usually go twice a year. I have just graduated from university here in the united states so i plan on relocating back to Nigeria to be with my husband very soon. My question is do i qualify to file a DCF and do they even do DCF filing in nigeria?

Edited by Queen-O

Bolanle & Kingsley's CR1 Timeline

12/19/11: I-130 package sent to Chicago Lockbox

12/21/11: Package delivered

12/23/11: NOA1 via text / Initial review

12/27/11: Check Cashed by USCIS Chicago Lockbox

05/10/12: NOA2 via text/email I-130 APPROVED!!!

NVC Process

5/29/12: NVC received our case

6/10/12: Received case#

6/12/12: DS-3032 Email sent

6/12/12: I-864 (AOS) invoice email received

6/15/12: AOS fee paid Online (Paid)

6/21/12: DS-3032 acceptance email received

6/22/12: Immigrant visa fee invoice email received

7/01/12: I-864 (AOS) package sent to NVC

8/24/12: RFE sent to NVC

10/5/12: IV Bill paid

10/20/12: DS-230 package sent to NVC

11/13/12: case complete with NVC

11/26/12: case @ embassy in Nigeria

12/26/12:NTERVIEW SCHEDULED for 01/23/13!!! WHOOOOWHOOO

12/31/12: sent documents needed for interview to hubby through DHL

01/10/13: Hubby medical exam completed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Yes they do DCF in Nigeria. You as a dual citizen should qualify after you have been there 6 months.

Here is what the embassy says

Filing an I-130 at post (Petition for Immediate Family Member of an American citizen)

In order to file an I-130 petition for an Immediate Relative at the U.S. Consulate General in Lagos, the petitioner must have been in Nigeria for six consecutive months as a legal resident, and be able to document this to the consular officer at the time of filing. Petitions are accepted at 7:00 a.m. on Fridays, except for the last Friday of the month. The filing fee must be paid at the time of

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

Yes they do DCF in Nigeria. You as a dual citizen should qualify after you have been there 6 months.

Here is what the embassy says

Filing an I-130 at post (Petition for Immediate Family Member of an American citizen)

In order to file an I-130 petition for an Immediate Relative at the U.S. Consulate General in Lagos, the petitioner must have been in Nigeria for six consecutive months as a legal resident, and be able to document this to the consular officer at the time of filing. Petitions are accepted at 7:00 a.m. on Fridays, except for the last Friday of the month. The filing fee must be paid at the time of

Okay thanks so how do i prove i've been around for 6 months? would my passport stamp prove that? or maybe a letter from the office where i'll be working? just wondering.

Thanks so much!!

NVC Process

Timeline

Thanks Very Much.

NVC Process

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

hi NigeriaorBust,

i saw your post stating that you were denied the first time in Lagos. Our case just got transfered to the Lagos Embassy and I am concerned about it. Any information or advice that you can give will be helpful. Maybe some possible questions or pitfalls

thanks

07/16/10 - mailed package to USCIS

07/19/10 - package received at VSC

07/20/10 - receipt date

07/23/10 - NOA1

01/12/11 - received email of NOA2

01/17/11 - received NOA2 in mail

01/19/11 - NVC received package

01/24/11 - received NVC #(by phone)

01/24/11 - package leaves NVC for the Embassy

01/27/11 - embassy received package

xx/xx/xx - package 3 recieved

xx/xx/xx - package 3 returned

xx/xx/xx - package 4

xx/xx/xx - medical

xx/xx/xx - received interview date

xx/xx/xx - interview - APPROVED!!!

xx/xx/xx - POE

Timeline

Hi,

Lagos is a tough consulate and seems to have 2 type of interviews. The first are more or less pleasant and normal and the others are straight out of some horror story.

Because there is no predicting which you will experience it is best to be prepared for the bad type.

In the bad interview they pick on little facts , ask for details that usually touch on subjects that aren't important. We had questions asked about what my deceased parents did for work ( he answered whatever people in heaven do ) they tried to press more and he asked them if they expected my parents to return from the dead.

The ask about locations of schools ( I graduated in 1979 ) How far my sisters live from me ( he has never been to the US , and just said that we had to take planes to visit each other because of the distance , he did know the states. ) What has the name of my high school . ( Ok I got out in 1974 why would that come up it is ancient history) Previous addresses ( I have had the current house for over 20 years ) I have talked to other Nigerians that were asked for details of the USC's home layout. The first interview went down in flames when the CO told Joseph that he wouldn't get an visa unless he could tell her details about what I do in the office. I do classified work and he can't know ( Neither can she ) So not only did I have to deal with the emotions of a failed interview I had to deal with reporting an attempt at gaining classified data by bribery.

So basically make sure you study everything about the USC you can

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi,

Lagos is a tough consulate and seems to have 2 type of interviews. The first are more or less pleasant and normal and the others are straight out of some horror story.

Because there is no predicting which you will experience it is best to be prepared for the bad type.

In the bad interview they pick on little facts , ask for details that usually touch on subjects that aren't important. We had questions asked about what my deceased parents did for work ( he answered whatever people in heaven do ) they tried to press more and he asked them if they expected my parents to return from the dead.

The ask about locations of schools ( I graduated in 1979 ) How far my sisters live from me ( he has never been to the US , and just said that we had to take planes to visit each other because of the distance , he did know the states. ) What has the name of my high school . ( Ok I got out in 1974 why would that come up it is ancient history) Previous addresses ( I have had the current house for over 20 years ) I have talked to other Nigerians that were asked for details of the USC's home layout. The first interview went down in flames when the CO told Joseph that he wouldn't get an visa unless he could tell her details about what I do in the office. I do classified work and he can't know ( Neither can she ) So not only did I have to deal with the emotions of a failed interview I had to deal with reporting an attempt at gaining classified data by bribery.

I can only say WOW!

N400

Filing based on 3yrs/USC Spouse. 3 year residency anniversary is in August 2014. Filed immediately after the 90-day early filing mark (May 2014)

05/06/2014 - Mailed N-400

05/15/2014 - Check cashed

05/12/2014 - NOA Date

06/11/2014 - Biometrics Appointment

09/15/2014 - Inline for interview scheduling (was stuck in "Initial Review" for over 3 months!)

10/27/2014 - Scheduled for interview

12/01/2014 - Interview

12/19/2014 - I AM A US CITIZEN!

Timeline

The second interview I was sent with the full "need to know" package to give to the consulate if they wanted to discuss my work. They didn't

Timeline

Hi,

so would you suggest not filing a DCF in lagos?

NVC Process

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Nigeriaorbust,

thank you for the information. My fiance knows a lot about me but i am still scared

especially with questions about my past which he may not be familiar with. I pray

for the best.

thanks

07/16/10 - mailed package to USCIS

07/19/10 - package received at VSC

07/20/10 - receipt date

07/23/10 - NOA1

01/12/11 - received email of NOA2

01/17/11 - received NOA2 in mail

01/19/11 - NVC received package

01/24/11 - received NVC #(by phone)

01/24/11 - package leaves NVC for the Embassy

01/27/11 - embassy received package

xx/xx/xx - package 3 recieved

xx/xx/xx - package 3 returned

xx/xx/xx - package 4

xx/xx/xx - medical

xx/xx/xx - received interview date

xx/xx/xx - interview - APPROVED!!!

xx/xx/xx - POE

Timeline

DCF or regular filing you get to go to the same interview room with the same crazy officers. It is like Russian roulette if they are going to go crazy on you.

• 4 months later...
Timeline

So would you suggest a united front and we both go to interview? I am the American and I am the older woman. I feel me being there will dispel any preconceived opinions of a older woman younger man. Once they see us together they will see its real. However most couples 10 years married don't know the ancient history of their spouse.Lord How do I cram all those years in his head :bonk: .

Well keep us posted on your progress. All the best.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

So would you suggest a united front and we both go to interview? I am the American and I am the older woman. I feel me being there will dispel any preconceived opinions of a older woman younger man. Once they see us together they will see its real. However most couples 10 years married don't know the ancient history of their spouse.Lord How do I cram all those years in his head :bonk: .

Well keep us posted on your progress. All the best.

Both going to the interview mwans the USC sits outside and hopes that they hear good news. They don't let the USC in for the interview and rarely summon them in once it starts

• 6 years later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.